Bioidentical Testosterone cream causing aching in lower gluteal muscles and surrounding areas.

Buy Lab Tests Online

TownerT

Hi I am female and hypopituitary. I have used bioidentical hormone creams for the last 7 years. The past spring I had to switch compounding pharmacy's and move to an out of town one. In October I began to have problems with my testosterone cream, though I did not realize at that time what it was. Making no hormones, I have to figure out which medicine is my issue.

By December I had figured out it was my testosterone cream. I had blood work done and went off of my testosterone cream. My level was T-Total 52. The symptoms I was having was severe/debilitating aching in my lower gluteal muscles and surrounding areas, fatigue and a headache. After 4 days off of the cream all the symptoms were mostly gone. After 6 days, the symptoms were totally gone, but I was losing my legs. Not able to do stairs, or stay on my feet for long. I could not make dinner or really take care of me well.

I saw my doctor two weeks ago and he called my prescriptions into local compounding pharmacy and I worked with the pharmacist to use a different base cream to see if that was the problem. I did well for a week and then the debilitating pain came back. Being a scientist, I thought, may be it is the site where I apply my creams at and switched my testosterone from the labia to my wrist. I continued to use my estradiol and progesterone creams on the labia. I called the pharmacist and told him what was going on and he agreed with my decision. I have given it 6 days now and I am still hurting and have fatigue.

I am wondering if the problem could be the form of Testosterone they are putting in the cream? I thought they were just using Testosterone USP (Micronized) for HRT creams. I will find out when pharmacy opens this morning. If I had the option of quitting... I would, but I cannot. I need testosterone to stay alive. I lose the use of my legs and I don't do well physically without it. I know that my heart will be affected as it is a muscle.

I would like to live again. If you have any ideas on what may be going on, I would appreciate it. Thank you, TownerT

Last edited:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Welcome to the Forum. In the time you've been using compounded testosterone this has never happened before? You noted that you have multiple hormonal issues - there was no other change in your medications or their administration?

TownerT

No, I have had not other changes in any of my medications or hormone creams.

Welcome to the Forum. In the time you've been using compounded testosterone this has never happened before? You noted that you have multiple hormonal issues - there was no other change in your medications or their administration?

Hi Coast Watcher, No, I have never had any issues with creams before and I have had no changes to medications or my hormone creams. I have been stable on everything.

CoastWatcher

Your potassium levels are stable? No issues on a CMP? You memtioned you were going to check w/the compounding pharmacy - did they have my ideas? Did you contact the previous pharmacy, where you had no problems, to see what might be different between the two in regard to the compounding?

TownerT

Your potassium levels are stable? No issues on a CMP? You memtioned you were going to check w/the compounding pharmacy - did they have my ideas? Did you contact the previous pharmacy, where you had no problems, to see what might be different between the two in regard to the compounding?

Hi CoastWatcher, and thank you!!! I had everything but my cmp done on my last blood work. It does make sense. I called my doctor's office to see if they will order the tests done. CMP, Aldosterone, and Renin.

I am hoping that this will show what is going on. I will have to have it done at 8 am per the protocol for Aldosterone which states:

Salt fast for 24 hours before testing (no sea salt supplementation, no salt added to food, no beverages with sodium)
• Be up moving starting at 6 a.m.
• Do not take HC in the morning until after the blood draw
• Testing done at 8 a.m. sitting upright
• Test renin activity, sodium and potassium at the same time

I had not made the connection between potassium and testosterone. I am grateful. I will also call the pharmacist. Thank you again.

Last edited:

CoastWatcher

Hi CoastWatcher, and thank you!!! I had everything but my cmp done on my last blood work. It does make sense. I called my doctor's office to see if they will order the tests done. CMP, Aldosterone, and Renin.

I am hoping that this will show what is going on. I will have to have it done at 8 am per the protocol for Aldosterone which states:

Salt fast for 24 hours before testing (no sea salt supplementation, no salt added to food, no beverages with sodium)
• Be up moving starting at 6 a.m.
• Do not take HC in the morning until after the blood draw
• Testing done at 8 a.m. sitting upright
• Test renin activity, sodium and potassium at the same time

I had not made the connection between potassium and testosterone. I am grateful. I will also call the pharmacist. Thank you again.

Let us know how things unfold.

TownerT

I promise to let you know what I find out.

Let us know how things unfold.

I promise to let you know what I find out. I am not looking forward to it though. It means more things to deal with. I will make it with the Lord's help. It is a learning moment, it will help me to be able to help others when this comes up for them. My heart has been feeling funny, and I had mentioned it to the doctor. It kind of scares me. I will just go for the CMP tomorrow. Then go from there.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me