workouts with knee issues.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Gamnc

I have a history of knee problems. Most from running and skiing, but some now from age. I will go a few days with little or no pain, than out of nowhere have it hurt on what I would call a 8 on a ten point scale. Yesterday and last night was one of those days. I walked less than two miles yesterday and it was my day off at the gym so none of that was the cause. Today, it is at a 5, and I went to the gym anyway but did only upper body. No treadmill, no weight leg workouts, or stair climber. I feel it was half a workout. What exercises are out there to strengthen knee joints.
I will return to the orthopedic next week and have it checked out, but last time I had to have knee surgery (my second) and he is already talking knee replacement which I want to put off as long as I can. Not sure how many times they can do surgery on a knee.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

JWSimpkins

Have you considered getting PRP treatments or stem cell therapy? Also, one exercise I've found effective for my clients with knee issues is light sled dragging forwards/backwards.

Vince

Super Moderator
If your knees are that bad, I don't think I would exercise them. Back in 2010 my doctor told me to give up grains, I truly believe that saved my knees. But mine only got sore, nothing like yours.

E

endopa-c

Have you considered Synvisc or Hyalgan injections into the knee joint? We do them in office here at Defy. One of the characteristics of osteoarthritis is loss of cartilage in your joints. Cartilage acts as a protective cushion, so the loss can be debilitating. It’s particularly common in knee joints. They are a synthetic synovial fluid made of hyaluronic acid that serves to cushion your knee joint with injections of a gel-like fluid. The fluid acts as a shock absorber and enables the bones to move more smoothly. This helps improve your mobility and decrease your pain. If you are not located nearby I'd ask your orthopedist about it. Usually one or two injections last around a year or even longer in some patients.

Gamnc

Have you considered Synvisc or Hyalgan injections into the knee joint? We do them in office here at Defy. One of the characteristics of osteoarthritis is loss of cartilage in your joints. Cartilage acts as a protective cushion, so the loss can be debilitating. It’s particularly common in knee joints. They are a synthetic synovial fluid made of hyaluronic acid that serves to cushion your knee joint with injections of a gel-like fluid. The fluid acts as a shock absorber and enables the bones to move more smoothly. This helps improve your mobility and decrease your pain. If you are not located nearby I'd ask your orthopedist about it. Usually one or two injections last around a year or even longer in some patients.

I have had the injections in both knees. (5 per knee) The Hyaluronic acid lasted about 3 months for me, than I started to notice the same old pains. I have had surgery twice on the knee, an not looking forward to another being they wanted to discuss knee replacement last time. Mine has been an ACL, than later cartilage damage. Right knee is fair, left knee has not been right since I tried to pull my leg off skiing.

madman

Super Moderator
I have a history of knee problems. Most from running and skiing, but some now from age. I will go a few days with little or no pain, than out of nowhere have it hurt on what I would call a 8 on a ten point scale. Yesterday and last night was one of those days. I walked less than two miles yesterday and it was my day off at the gym so none of that was the cause. Today, it is at a 5, and I went to the gym anyway but did only upper body. No treadmill, no weight leg workouts, or stair climber. I feel it was half a workout. What exercises are out there to strengthen knee joints.
You need to strengthen your hamstrings. The ratio of quadriceps to hamstring strength is a big factor. Having strong quads and weak hamstrings causes excess stress.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3881465/

I feel your pain... literally. Exercise and stretching the hamstrings will help, but once you get arthritis many exercises are no longer an option. I am confined to sprint on an air dyne bike now days, with the seat elevated.

Take care of your knees while you can. They are the only ones you'll have...till replacement.

mariobryant

True just keep on take training will get relief with the knee pain at the level of starting most of the people will get similar problem.....

Hingently

Banned
I use to have knee problems made me stop lifting for 3 months which sucks but after that
came back and lifted again also with running it was hard for me to keep track luckily i have my source here

Vince

Super Moderator
I use to have knee problems made me stop lifting for 3 months which sucks but after that
came back and lifted again also with running it was hard for me to keep track luckily i have my source here
If I had a history of knee issues, I don't think running would be an exercise I would consider doing.

Matt Leiser

Running is out for me. I'm in the same boat with acl and cartilage issues in the left knee. I have switched to swimming because I just can't handle the impact. I have been taking vid d3 and calcium supplements for 2 years and within the last 2 months have added Vit k2 (120 mcgs) which has helped me tremendously.

Re-Ride

The mountain and mad men have it right. I was hoping someone would post links to the exercises which isolate and strengthen muscles which support the joint for example to compensate for torn ACL, MCL. I worked hard at these in physical therapy. Unbeknownst to me at the time were the endocrine issues which prevented muscle gain. That's like re-boring an engine, porting and polishing, installing a performance cam then ignoring the fuel delivery and wondering why you're stuck in limp home mode.

Vince, A possible anti-inflammatory benefit from avoidance of grain can not be discounted. You might like to know that the Rise Against Hunger gruel now comes with flavor packets. http://intl.riseagainsthunger.org/ph/impact/rice-soy-vegetable-meals/ Top-of-the-chain consumers might want to try this one day a month gradually working up to more days per month not only for ethical reasons but to better prepare their bodies for survival in the event of disruption to their usual food distribution network.

Vince

Super Moderator
Vince, A possible anti-inflammatory benefit from avoidance of grain can not be discounted. You might like to know that the Rise Against Hunger gruel now comes with flavor packets. http://intl.riseagainsthunger.org/ph/impact/rice-soy-vegetable-meals/ Top-of-the-chain consumers might want to try this one day a month gradually working up to more days per month not only for ethical reasons but to better prepare their bodies for survival in the event of disruption to their usual food distribution network.
:rolleyes:

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching