Hey guys, would I qualify for TRT based on my labs?

Buy Lab Tests Online

CFGT

39 years old
Labcorp
total T 588
Free T 13
Estradiol 23
LH 3.0
Hematocrit 47
Hemoglobin 15

Lacking energy/libido/motivation and mood in the last 6-12 months. Big drop in athletic performance over that time and lack of motivation to train.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CFGT

So I'm basically stuck at these "mediocre" levels? I'm seeing friends who are with TRT at 1,000-1,200. What am I supposed to do to get there the right way and maintain optimal health?

Henry

So I'm basically stuck at these "mediocre" levels? I'm seeing friends who are with TRT at 1,000-1,200. What am I supposed to do to get there the right way and maintain optimal health?

I'm on my phone so I can't search for it but, if I remember correctly, the average for a 20 something, healthy male is 600 or so. Your levels are not mediocre. I bet there are a lot of people here, me included, that would love to be at 588 natural. I was at 277 when I started at 38 years old.

Those friends at 1,000-1,200 are on TRT. Those aren't natural levels. Search for the reason for your symptoms. You might have thyroid issues, etc. Get a full workup and fix the problem.

Also, you're not stuck. You can find one of those TRT clinics that take cash and they can put you on TRT. Then, after a short while, you can find a doc that will continue the treatment on your insurance.

CFGT

I'm good with cash treatment and I'm happy to get to 1-1.2K with TRT. I did have full labs done. Just posted the main numbers. I see Globulin on the labs. Would that be the SHBG? What is the symbol for the thyroid on the lab?

39 years old
Labcorp
total T 588
Free T 13
Estradiol 23
LH 3.0
Hematocrit 47
Hemoglobin 15

Lacking energy/libido/motivation and mood in the last 6-12 months. Big drop in athletic performance over that time and lack of motivation to train.

Post the lab ranges, and the rest of the results you have.

You sound mildly symptomatic, nothing appears low assuming the usual lab ranges, and you're actually above the "average" testosterone level by a study that is considered to overestimate.

All of the clinical studies I've read where healthy non symptomatic men 18-35 are tested for total testosterone have the average around the same.

Henry

Here is what I ask my doc:
TSH
Free T4
Free T3
RT3
Thyroid antibodies
PSA
Vit D
testosterone total
Testosterone free
Dihydrotestosterone
Prolactin
Estradiol sensitive 140244
CBC
HBA1C
Metabolic panel
Lipid panel
CRP
Pregnenolone
DHEA-S
LH
FSH
SHBG

Vince

Super Moderator
Here is what I ask my doc:
TSH
Free T4
Free T3
RT3
Thyroid antibodies
PSA
Vit D
testosterone total
Testosterone free
Dihydrotestosterone
Prolactin
Estradiol sensitive 140244
CBC
HBA1C
Metabolic panel
Lipid panel
CRP
Pregnenolone
DHEA-S
LH
FSH
SHBG

Good Recommendations. Get proper thyroid labs.

madman

Super Moderator
I'm good with cash treatment and I'm happy to get to 1-1.2K with TRT. I did have full labs done. Just posted the main numbers. I see Globulin on the labs. Would that be the SHBG? What is the symbol for the thyroid on the lab?

What is your thought process thinking that getting your levels to 1000-1200 is going to make things better as an average healthy male peaks around 800 and your levels are descent. Sure high/normal ranges may be optimal for some but many do well mid/normal as genetically some males have average levels throughout their life time and others are closer to the higher end. Some seem to think that everyone needs to be at the top end especially with all these doctors at the trt mills popping up everywhere. If you think pushing a trough of 1000-1200 is optimal be expected to encounter more issues related to side effects as searching through the literature you would be hard pressed to find a majority of young healthy males pushing a trough of 1000+.I would put my money on it if testosterone absolutely had no effects on increasing muscle mass/strength or libido a good majority would not be so eager to seek trt let alone reach these high tt numbers. Seeking out trt to get yourself in the top end range is not going to all of a sudden make you feel like a teenager in his prime as manipulating hormones is much more complex. I understand deep down inside two of the most tempting benefits are libido/muscle gains which most males would want but there is so much more to it especially regarding functioning optimally overall.I would look into other issues which may be causing your symptoms before being so eager to start trt.

CSI007

There could also be a whole host of other reasons for your symptoms. Do yourself a favor and eliminate all possibilities before possibility being stuck on a pharm for the rest of your life. :)

Also, have you only had a single T test? Perhaps get another one or two done and make sure it's done first thing in the morning. If the above test was taken later in the day your actual total T value might even be higher then what you posted.

CFGT

It's becoming more of a struggle to keep muscle and strength gains when I lean out. I'm generally 12-13% BF and when I drop to single digits I lose a lot of muscle. I'd like to lean out and maintain strength.

Henry

It's becoming more of a struggle to keep muscle and strength gains when I lean out. I'm generally 12-13% BF and when I drop to single digits I lose a lot of muscle. I'd like to lean out and maintain strength.

Don't tell the doctor that. He'll automatically assume, 'bodybuilder', 'steroid abuser', etc. Stick with the libido, weakened erection, etc. Don't talk about athletic performance, the gym, etc.

CoastWatcher

Don't tell the doctor that. He'll automatically assume, 'bodybuilder', 'steroid abuser', etc. Stick with the libido, weakened erection, etc. Don't talk about athletic performance, the gym, etc.

This is an excellent bit of advice. I recall at least two members here who had their doctor shut the entire discussion down when conversation touched on the subject of performance.

madman

Super Moderator

Testosterone levels is not the only factor, genetics/diet play a huge role in how lean a person can get. In my pic that level of body fat was achieved having a tt in the low 300s and borderline low free t.

CFGT

My diet isn't the hard part. I count macros and know how to cycle strength and cutting. I'm also not a bodybuilder. I train for performance and health.

user_joe

Post the full labs. You won't solve this puzzle by going on trt without a good baseline anyway. I doubt you will see the results you expect on TRT unless you had naturally top of range levels in the past. Just be educated is my advise. You don't sound knowledgeable. It's your body so try it if you want, but it may be permenant and NOT solve your problems.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me