Blood Donation Question

Buy Lab Tests Online

stevep

My lab works indicate I have too many RBCs. I've donated after my previous lab work (per Defy instructions) and the lab work I got back last week indicates I'm back over again. I'm going to donate again next Monday at a Red Cross mobile unit coming to town. So in ~90 days I've gone back over.

Red Blood Cell Count (RBC) 6.03 - Range 4.20 - 5.70 (M/mm3)
F Hemoglobin (Hgb) 18.4 - Range 14.0 - 18.0 (gm/dL)
F Hematocrit (HCT) 54.7 - Range 42.2 - 53.8 (%)

They are offering two ways to donate.

The first is the standard whole blood donation which can be done every 56 days.

The other option if I meet their standards is a Power Red donation where they take double the RBCs. With this option I have to wait 112 days before being able to donate again.

Is there any advantage or disadvantage to the Power Red option?

Is having to wait 112 days to long?

Thanks

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ERO

The power red donation takes like 2 to 2 1/2 hours (I have looked into it) so that could be considered a disadvantage from a time perspective. Otherwise it is a great way to lower your RBC a bit more than is likely with a standard blood donation.

Personally, I just do a standard donation every 8 weeks because the red cross comes to my place of work every 8 weeks. It only takes about 40-45 minutes each time.

stevep

Thanks. I'm guessing I'll do the whole blood donation to save time. I don't guess there is any benefit to doing the power red donation.

Gotta get it in my head I have to do this on a regular basis now.

Gamnc

I found giving Plasma took 2 hours or more, but double reds take me less than an hour, whole blood about 30 min.. I think the Red Cross here makes me wait 90 days between doubles. Plasma donations carry more risk also. the release form is enough to make you want to run.

Thanks. I'm guessing I'll do the whole blood donation to save time. I don't guess there is any benefit to doing the power red donation.

Gotta get it in my head I have to do this on a regular basis now.

free advice you didn't ask for but might help you and others. Don't go in there and say anything about TRT, Hematocrit, or "my Dr told me to"...answer their screening questions honestly but otherwise don't say "why" you're there, you can be blacklisted from donating.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me