31 years old - first time blood tests - please help analyze!

Buy Lab Tests Online

RVAwhat

Hi everyone...new member.

Got bloods done because of recent plumit of energy/libido. Can you give reactions to the panel?

Total T - 685
Free T - 9.0
DHEA-S - 534.3
TSH - 0.599
LH - 6.6
Prostate Specific Ag - 1.1
Estradiol Sensitive - 11.2
Progesterone - 0.2

Thanks in advance for any help!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Hi everyone...new member.

Got bloods done because of recent plumit of energy/libido. Can you give reactions to the panel?

Total T - 685
Free T - 9.0
DHEA-S - 534.3
TSH - 0.599
LH - 6.6
Prostate Specific Ag - 1.1
Estradiol Sensitive - 11.2
Progesterone - 0.2

Thanks in advance for any help!

Welcome to Excelmale. Can you go back and post the reference ranges for each result? Labs determine their own ranges, and results in isolation are next to impossible to comment on. How old are you? Any medications or supplements? History of steroid or prolonged opiate use?

RVAwhat

Total T - 685 (348-1197)
Free T - 9.0 (8.7-25.1)
DHEA-S - 534.3 (138.5-475.2)
TSH - 0.599 (0.45-4.5)
LH - 6.6 (1.7-8.6)
Prostate Specific Ag - 1.1 (0.0-4.0)
Estradiol Sensitive - 11.2 (8.0-35.0)
Progesterone - 0.2 (0.0-0.1)

I am 31 years old. I take meds for asthma only. I don't have history of opiate abuse, but I did have 2 injuries (2014 and 2015) which required surgery and opiate pain meds during recovery. No steroids.

Just on those alone your problems could be rooted in the rather low Free T, based on your total T though it will be very hard to find a legit Dr that will prescribe TRT.

mopes

Any other input would be greatly appreciated!

I was in a similar spot to you for about 5 years before finally deciding to pull the trigger on TRT. Low/mid range T but high SHBG and low free t. Your DHEA is surprisingly high. Probably worth a more extensive blood panel before making any decisions. Been on TRT for almost a year now, one of the best decisions I've made.

RVAwhat

My hesitancy lies around the fact that once I start therapy, I am stuck with it for life.

Also, at some point I want to have children.

And one more thing, has anyone had luck in the past with starting therapy with a clinic and then moving the protocol over to a primary care physician or an endocrinologist? I'm trying to think about my wallet and if there is anyway to get insurance to chip in.

mopes

My hesitancy lies around the fact that once I start therapy, I am stuck with it for life.

Also, at some point I want to have children.

And one more thing, has anyone had luck in the past with starting therapy with a clinic and then moving the protocol over to a primary care physician or an endocrinologist? I'm trying to think about my wallet and if there is anyway to get insurance to chip in.

I'm 36 now and was your age when I first started studying my bloodwork. You're absolutely right that you're "stuck with it for life" and I understand the concern/commitment. That said, you have a choice that only you can make, stick with low levels for life or stick with optimized levels for life. As I'm finally getting my protocol dialed a year later I have absolutely zero desire to go back to where I was. I also have no problem committing to this for life given the results that I've seen.

Regarding kids, there should be no issue around fertility if you get on a proper protocol and dose hcg correctly. I have two daughters and had a vasectomy so no issues for me there...

RVAwhat

I'm 36 now and was your age when I first started studying my bloodwork. You're absolutely right that you're "stuck with it for life" and I understand the concern/commitment. That said, you have a choice that only you can make, stick with low levels for life or stick with optimized levels for life. As I'm finally getting my protocol dialed a year later I have absolutely zero desire to go back to where I was. I also have no problem committing to this for life given the results that I've seen.

Regarding kids, there should be no issue around fertility if you get on a proper protocol and dose hcg correctly. I have two daughters and had a vasectomy so no issues for me there...

Did you go the TRT clinic route or did you get PCP/endo perscription?

mopes

Did you go the TRT clinic route or did you get PCP/endo perscription?

I was fortunate, after multiple attempts, to find a local doctor who was willing to work with, and listen, to me. That said I would not hesitate to go the Defy route or similar if my situation changes. If the first doc shuts you down move on to the next until you find someone willing to listen to you.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me