Should I donate blood with these lab results?

Buy Lab Tests Online

miked123

Started TRT about 8 weeks ago and wondering if I should give blood based on the high hemoglobin result below? I will be lowering my Test and HCG doses slightly, while adding a low dose of Arimidex. Despite the lowered doses, I am concerned that if I don't give blood soon the hemoglobin could continue to rise and eventually disqualify me from donating. Pre TRT, my Hemoglobin was 15.7.

Began TRT 11/25/16:

140mg of Testosterone Cypionate per week (dosed daily)
1050iu of HCG per week (dosed daily)

Protocol change:

105mg of Test Cyp per week (dosed daily)
525iu of HCG per week (dosed daily)
1mg of Arimidex per week (dosed daily)

Blood drawn 1/12/17 (fasted and drank 32 ounces of water before test):

Hemoglobin

12.6-17.7 g/dL

Hematocrit

37.5-51.0 %

Testosterone, Total

348.0-1197.0 ng/dL

Free Testosterone

6.8-21.5 pg/mL

Estradiol, Sensitive

8.0-35.0 pg/mL

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

maxadvance

This is just not true. Number one they don't test your hematocrit prior to test. They do test your hemoglobin which one could loosely translate to a hematocrit number, but they actually prefer and welcome high hemoglobin counts. Each of my past 4 donations my hemo was between 18.3 and 19.6. My hematocrit numbers were between 53 and 56. A corresponding RBC count is in the 6's.

The only thing that will have them to tell you to walk away is high blood pressure or failing a question on the questionaire.

miked123

This is just not true. Number one they don't test your hematocrit prior to test. They do test your hemoglobin which one could loosely translate to a hematocrit number, but they actually prefer and welcome high hemoglobin counts. Each of my past 4 donations my hemo was between 18.3 and 19.6. My hematocrit numbers were between 53 and 56. A corresponding RBC count is in the 6's.

The only thing that will have them to tell you to walk away is high blood pressure or failing a question on the questionaire.

Thanks for the intel. Looking at the Red Cross website, they only mention deferrals for low hemoglobin, so I should be OK.

Curious how often you give blood with numbers like that? Do you get therapeutic phlebotomies or take supplements to get your blood in range?

maxadvance

Yes, a 3rd cause of them refusing to allow donation, low hemoglobin. A possible sign of iron deficiency, too frequent donation, or possibly even more serious abnormalities.

I personally donate every 2 months for obvious reasons, I'm hoping my counts will eventually normalize.

Vince

Super Moderator
I am presently banned from donating blood at the blood Center of Wisconsin, because of low platelets. I need my doctor to OK my blood donations before they will accept more.

Gamnc

I give blood to the Red Cross every three months. Doubles will drop you a point or two if you are too high. The Red Cross in my area will not take blood if hemoglobin over 19. Most times mine is 17 so not a problem. It takes about 30 minutes, and doesn't hurt plus it helps someone else.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me