Lab Results -- T and Free T too high!

Buy Lab Tests Online

starda

So I'm switching from doing TRT on my own to doing TRT with Defy. Right now I'm waiting on my consult with Dr. Saya which will be in a few weeks. I just got my initial bloodwork done with Defy, with results posted below. My current TRT protocol I've been doing on my own is as follows:

100mg Test Cyp (every 3.5 days, M/F), 200mg/week total
500iu HCG (MWF), 1500iu/week total
10mg Aromasin (every 3.5 days, M/F), 20mg/week total

Also taking T3 25mcg/day prescribed for augmenting depression treatment (which it kicks ass at doing).

Bloodwork results:

Total T, Serum >1500 ng/dL (348 - 1197)
Free T > 50 pg/mL (9.3 - 26.5)
E2, Sensitive 44.7 pg/mL (8.0 - 35.0)
PSA, Serum 0.9 ng/mL (0.0 - 4.0)
SHBG, Serum 20.1 nmol/L (16.5 - 55.9)
TSH 0.576 uIU/mL (0.450 - 4.500)

My levels for T and Free T are obviously too high, but from previous lab work with the same protocol without HCG I know my level can't be too high over 1500. I'm thinking about knocking down my Test Cyp to 75mg every 3.5 days instead. The HCG is a huge benefit to me dosed in the way I've been doing, and since fertility is important to me I'm quite happy with the dosing and frequency. Anyone else had their T too high before? Thoughts/questions?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Your labs are not that bad at all.

Dr. Saya will reduce your dosages for both Testosterone and HCG. 500 iu of HCG per injection is more then enough and 1500 iu a week will produce a nice level of endogenous testosterone as well.

Don't do anything till Dr. Saya speaks to you ... this is very important.

So I'm switching from doing TRT on my own to doing TRT with Defy. Right now I'm waiting on my consult with Dr. Saya which will be in a few weeks. I just got my initial bloodwork done with Defy, with results posted below. My current TRT protocol I've been doing on my own is as follows:

100mg Test Cyp (every 3.5 days, M/F), 200mg/week total
500iu HCG (MWF), 1500iu/week total
10mg Aromasin (every 3.5 days, M/F), 20mg/week total

Also taking T3 25mcg/day prescribed for augmenting depression treatment (which it kicks ass at doing).

Bloodwork results:

Total T, Serum >1500 ng/dL (348 - 1197)
Free T > 50 pg/mL (9.3 - 26.5)
E2, Sensitive 44.7 pg/mL (8.0 - 35.0)
PSA, Serum 0.9 ng/mL (0.0 - 4.0)
SHBG, Serum 20.1 nmol/L (16.5 - 55.9)
TSH 0.576 uIU/mL (0.450 - 4.500)

My levels for T and Free T are obviously too high, but from previous lab work with the same protocol without HCG I know my level can't be too high over 1500. I'm thinking about knocking down my Test Cyp to 75mg every 3.5 days instead. The HCG is a huge benefit to me dosed in the way I've been doing, and since fertility is important to me I'm quite happy with the dosing and frequency. Anyone else had their T too high before? Thoughts/questions?

when were these taken relative to injection?

Can you post the rest of the results?

Can you post the results that make you think these levels can't be right?

When did you add in hCG?

Sorry for all the questions but they'll help you get more helpful advice.

CoastWatcher

Don't do anything till Dr. Saya speaks to you ... this is very important.

Gene's comment is on the mark. These are the labs that you and Dr. Saya will be discussing, and the two of you will be adjusting your protocol in response to these results. Any changes you implement on your own prior to the consultation will skew your numbers. Gather input, certainly, but hold fast until you and Dr. Saya chart your course.

I know you wondered if going with Defy was going to be comfortable; I'm glad you made the decision you did. All the best.

JDS has nailed the reply with the best, obvious, question of when the blood was drawn, it's obviously not a trough test and just doesn't bear any discussion at all until the OP responds to that question.

CoastWatcher

JDS has nailed the reply with the best, obvious, question of when the blood was drawn, it's obviously not a trough test and just doesn't bear any discussion at all until the OP responds to that question.

Agreed, but trough or not, whether it's these or a second round of tests that will be presented at the time of consultation, any change, such as was contemplated in the opening post, invalidates the effects of this protocol and renders any discussion fruitless.

Agreed, but trough or not, whether it's these or a second round of tests that will be presented at the time of consultation, any change, such as was contemplated in the opening post, invalidates the effects of this protocol and renders any discussion fruitless.

Of course, I agree, I didn't mention that because I incorrectly assumed OP would know that. Good catch.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
200 mg a week of Testosterone injected and 1500 iu a week of HCG would probably put most men a bit into the supraphysiological range. It's probably why E2 is a bit elevated as well.

Lower these doses and go twice weekly on your testosterone injections and all will fall in line and so will E2 eliminating the need for an AI.

As I stated, your labs aren't horrific just need dialing in is all...Dr. Saya will do that for you.

Keep us updated on your consult and results in this thread only...do not start a new one.

starda

Thanks for the advice. I'll keep updated once I have my consult and will post to this thread.

edit: so leaving my current protocol as is would be most wise before my consultation?

CoastWatcher

Thanks for the advice. I'll keep updated once I have my consult and will post to this thread.

edit: so leaving my current protocol as is would be most wise before my consultation?

Of course it would be. If you're moving from a self-directed protocol to one managed with Dr. Saya, you have to give him a baseline to react to. Any change you make now would need four to six weeks to become stable; unless you have that time, and time to get new labs to him, another week, you'd be in the dark as to what your situation actually is.

starda

Of course it would be. If you're moving from a self-directed protocol to one managed with Dr. Saya, you have to give him a baseline to react to. Any change you make now would need four to six weeks to become stable; unless you have that time, and time to get new labs to him, another week, you'd be in the dark as to what your situation actually is.

Great point it would be pretty dumb to change things up now. Cool, I'll be patient and keep updated with how my appointment goes.

masfield

Also taking T3 25mcg/day prescribed for augmenting depression treatment (which it kicks ass at doing). //

-- can anybody tell me what T3 is?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching