Often Overlooked Factors Before Starting Testosterone Replacement

Buy Lab Tests Online

belightful

From the referenced content below which states these factors affect your testosterone levels, i was greatly violating most of them. Is it possible i should have fixed these before starting TRT? i wonder how much of an impact these could really have. how much can these factors affect someone? i have been on TRT for 8 months and am wondering if i should stop now and see where my base is since i've corrected all of the below now (i already started tapering 2 weeks).

Summary:

1) Drink water from glass or stainless steel and avoid plastic Tupperware.
2) Avoid soy like the plague.
3) Limit your alcohol consumption.
4) Drink vodka on special occasions instead of beer.
5) Sleep eight hours at night in a dark room.
6) Eliminate stress when possible. Meditate, practice yoga, laugh and
hang out with people who make you happy.
7) Decrease your body fat.
8) Eat foods rich in zinc.
9) Eat healthy fats from the sources listed above
10) Think about sex and openly discuss any issues with your partner.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/dr-mike-hart/low-testosterone-levels_b_3486961.html

i was drinking lots of water from plastic bottles (that were sitting in my car), consuming soy products for protein content, drinking lots of beer, often stressed, low zinc diet, avoiding healthy fats (i.e. only consume in dairy/meats and my flaxseed oil supplement) and rarely thinking of sex.

THANK YOU for reading this!

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ERO

If you have been on TRT for more than a short time, tapering and then stopping entirely is not the best way to stop. You want to work with a knowledgeable doc and do a re-start protocol for a few weeks instead to re-start your HTPA axis.

CoastWatcher

If, as ERO wrote, you have been on TRT for eight months, your HPTA axis is fully suppressed and the withdrawal of exogenous testosterone will leave you profoundly hypogonadal.

What were your lab results prior to the start of your protocol, and what are they now? How are you feeling? What adjunctive medications, such as HCG or Anastrozole, might you be taking?

From the referenced content below which states these factors affect your testosterone levels, i was greatly violating most of them. Is it possible i should have fixed these before starting TRT? i wonder how much of an impact these could really have. how much can these factors affect someone? i have been on TRT for 8 months and am wondering if i should stop now and see where my base is since i've corrected all of the below now (i already started tapering 2 weeks).

Summary:

1) Drink water from glass or stainless steel and avoid plastic Tupperware.
2) Avoid soy like the plague.
3) Limit your alcohol consumption.
4) Drink vodka on special occasions instead of beer.
5) Sleep eight hours at night in a dark room.
6) Eliminate stress when possible. Meditate, practice yoga, laugh and
hang out with people who make you happy.
7) Decrease your body fat.
8) Eat foods rich in zinc.
9) Eat healthy fats from the sources listed above
10) Think about sex and openly discuss any issues with your partner.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/dr-mike-hart/low-testosterone-levels_b_3486961.html

i was drinking lots of water from plastic bottles (that were sitting in my car), consuming soy products for protein content, drinking lots of beer, often stressed, low zinc diet, avoiding healthy fats (i.e. only consume in dairy/meats and my flaxseed oil supplement) and rarely thinking of sex.

THANK YOU for reading this!

I don't think anyone can definitively say whether these factors would change things for YOU.

Do you have pre TRT labs? If your condition is severe, then I'd say the chances of improving it "naturally" are unlikely. If you're primary, forget about it.

Another thing to think about, and this is probably poor logic, is that most of the population is not following that list. While I'm not saying it's okay to live an unhealthy lifestyle because others do so, I don't think most of the population suffers from hypogonadism.

belightful

Thank you all for your responses.

The last couple weeks i couldn't sleep many nights, lost very noticeable weight, frequent urination, cold/hot sweats and energy was fine up until a few days ago where it was so low so i took a regular dose (cream) and within a couple hours i was feeling good. i think i will resume my regular dose and consult an educated doctor?

i was never on anything else (i.e. hcg etc)

i do have labs from prior HRT and surely i can probably even dig up some from the past when I was 25 years (i'm 34 now). Prior HRT i was near 100 ng / dL. i have read the Sticky chart of levels on here but i think everyone is different so i don't want to form a judgment of where i should be versus how i feel and the consequences of being HRT (dependence).

CoastWatcher

Thank you all for your responses.

The last couple weeks i couldn't sleep many nights, lost very noticeable weight, frequent urination, cold/hot sweats and energy was fine up until a few days ago where it was so low so i took a regular dose (cream) and within a couple hours i was feeling good. i think i will resume my regular dose and consult an educated doctor?

i was never on anything else (i.e. hcg etc)

i do have labs from prior HRT and surely i can probably even dig up some from the past when I was 25 years (i'm 34 now). Prior HRT i was near 100 ng / dL. i have read the Sticky chart of levels on here but i think everyone is different so i don't want to form a judgment of where i should be versus how i feel and the consequences of being HRT (dependence).

To simply taper, without a restart protocol in place, is a very short-sighted thing to do. You began withdrawing exogenous testosterone after eight months and you discovered just how miserable a ride you're in for. On a side note, if you had a total testosterone level near 100ng/dl you have more challenges than eating the occasional salad from a plastic container. That is profound hypogonadism. Meditation and hanging out with people who make you happy isn't going to move the needle (as this article suggests it will). I'm NOT mocking you - I'm hoping to reassure you that you have (based on the limited information you provided) made a good decision to initiate TRT. If you lack confidence in your doctor, by all means, find another. It's too important an issue.

CoastWatcher

Is there a possibility of getting my testosterone up to 200 ng / dL (from 100) through a natural way?

It might be possible, but you're likely to feel as miserable at 200ng/dl as you do at 100ng/dl. Both levels call for testosterone replacement. Studies have shown that men with levels below 500 suffer. You're fiddling with your dose and very anxious about it - has that been the case since you were diagnosed?

belightful

It might be possible, but you're likely to feel as miserable at 200ng/dl as you do at 100ng/dl. Both levels call for testosterone replacement. Studies have shown that men with levels below 500 suffer. You're fiddling with your dose and very anxious about it - has that been the case since you were diagnosed?

Only doing as directed by doctor (except the tapering off which I've gone back to regular dose). I guess my real question was how high can one get their levels naturally through lifestyle change and supplements?

CoastWatcher

Only doing as directed by doctor (except the tapering off which I've gone back to regular dose). I guess my real question was how high can one get their levels naturally through lifestyle change and supplements?

There's no way to answer that. Age, weight, other medical conditions, the underlying cause of hypogonadism (primary hypogonadism is never going to be reversed through lifestyle changes and in secondary hypogonadism it is frequently impossible to isolate driving factors). In my own doctor's practice less than five percent of the patients who tried a lifestyle reversal saw progress. Of those that did, the average increase was under 15%. Small sample, no controls, but interesting.

Now, all of this is distinct from a restart protocol.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me