Was on TRT for 2 weeks and horrible...do I need PCT?

Buy Lab Tests Online

JCUSN

Hey everyone. My first post here. I'm a 33 year old male. 5'11, 150 pounds, 9-10% bodyfat. Wanted to get TRT, got the following lab results.

Total T: 484
Free test: 6.7
SBHG: 60.2
No estrogen labs done by the doc.

I went to a doc for TRT and the first week he gave me a shot of Test-C at 100mg (a Friday). 4 days later (Tuesday), he gave me a shot of 100mg, and then Thursday another shot of 50mg. In total, I've had 250mg injected throughout the timeline listed above...the last one being last Thursday, January 12. I also injected HCG subcutaneously every M/W/F at 150iu.

Ever since that first shot, my **** has just felt dead. I've gotten hard a couple times to have sex with my girlfriend, but NOT like I used to get hard. And my libido is also down entirely also. I was expecting the exact opposite of this! Now, I just want to entirely stop TRT. Forget spending the money on it monthly. Forget injection myself. I performed much better sexually before, and I just want to go back to how I was.

Do I need to run any PCT for this or can I just expect to recover if I stop entirely? Will this take a long time to recover?

Thanks in advance, everyone!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ERO

You should not need PCT after only 2 weeks, but what you need to know is your doc put you on a horrible protocol with insufficient testing, plus he makes you drive in for shots instead of letting you self-inject. Also, what made you seek TRT to begin with? I ask because your T level of 484 is higher than most guys that start TRT.

CoastWatcher

Please provide more context. No estradiol/sensitive testing was run? What about CBC, LH, FSH, a full thyroid panel? These are all critical lab tests to have in hand before TRT is initiated. Why did you feel the need of androgen therapy? What were your symptoms?

Hey everyone. My first post here. I'm a 33 year old male. 5'11, 150 pounds, 9-10% bodyfat. Wanted to get TRT, got the following lab results.

Total T: 484
Free test: 6.7
SBHG: 60.2
No estrogen labs done by the doc.

I went to a doc for TRT and the first week he gave me a shot of Test-C at 100mg (a Friday). 4 days later (Tuesday), he gave me a shot of 100mg, and then Thursday another shot of 50mg. In total, I've had 250mg injected throughout the timeline listed above...the last one being last Thursday, January 12. I also injected HCG subcutaneously every M/W/F at 150iu.

Ever since that first shot, my **** has just felt dead. I've gotten hard a couple times to have sex with my girlfriend, but NOT like I used to get hard. And my libido is also down entirely also. I was expecting the exact opposite of this! Now, I just want to entirely stop TRT. Forget spending the money on it monthly. Forget injection myself. I performed much better sexually before, and I just want to go back to how I was.

Do I need to run any PCT for this or can I just expect to recover if I stop entirely? Will this take a long time to recover?

Thanks in advance, everyone!

You had insufficient testing, and a seemingly randomly chosen injection protocol. I would not form the opinion that TRT is horrible based entirely on this.

Also, it's rather quick for you to be experiencing negative side effects, but without knowing what your E2 was prior, it's entirely possible E2 spiked leaving you with ED.

As others have said, post your original symptoms, and your full pre TRT labs WITH reference ranges included.

JCUSN

You should not need PCT after only 2 weeks, but what you need to know is your doc put you on a horrible protocol with insufficient testing, plus he makes you drive in for shots instead of letting you self-inject. Also, what made you seek TRT to begin with? I ask because your T level of 484 is higher than most guys that start TRT.

Please provide more context. No estradiol/sensitive testing was run? What about CBC, LH, FSH, a full thyroid panel? These are all critical lab tests to have in hand before TRT is initiated. Why did you feel the need of androgen therapy? What were your symptoms?

Thanks for your replies!

I was seeking TRT due to horrible night sweats, inability to sleep, irritability, and the "fog" that many people mention. Additionally, it seems not matter how hard I try and how dialed-in I am, I'm unable to get any change in my muscle mass at the gym. Seems I only gain fat.

No estradiol or estrogen testing at all.

You had insufficient testing, and a seemingly randomly chosen injection protocol. I would not form the opinion that TRT is horrible based entirely on this.

Also, it's rather quick for you to be experiencing negative side effects, but without knowing what your E2 was prior, it's entirely possible E2 spiked leaving you with ED.

As others have said, post your original symptoms, and your full pre TRT labs WITH reference ranges included.

Is there a way I can take a picture of my lab results and post here for review? I don't have a digital copy of what they tested, but I know estradiol and estrogen levels were not tested. Nor did I see anything with LH, FSH, etc.

DaveK22

Have you ever used any of the following?
1. Finasteride (aka Propcecia)
2. Isotretinoin (aka Accutane)
3. AAS (steroids)

JCUSN

I was on acutane when I was 16 years old, for about 6-8 months. That's the only one out of those here you listed. Does that play a part here?

Is there a way I can take a picture of my lab results and post here for review? I don't have a digital copy of what they tested, but I know estradiol and estrogen levels were not tested. Nor did I see anything with LH, FSH, etc.

Upload the picture to imgur.com and post the link here but since you're a new member I think you won't be able to post it so you can separate the link a bit so we can still read it but it doesn't trip the spam filter.

DaveK22

I was on acutane when I was 16 years old, for about 6-8 months. That's the only one out of those here you listed. Does that play a part here?

It may or may not. Just like Propecia users, an unknown % of users suffer "persistent" (or possibly permanent) hormonal damage from the drugs use...even after stopping it. The condition is known as "PFS". Accutane has the same type of condition...I for one have the 'tane version for past 7 years.

Whether your hormonal issues are from the Accutane use or not doesn't really matter at this point. But at least being aware of the possibility as the root cause, it may help with understanding your body & future treatment protocols.

Here some links to check out if your interested.

https://rxisk.org/accutane-30-years-of-trading-our-sex-lives-for-clear-skin/

http://www.pfsfoundation.org/post-finasteride-syndrome-overview/

JCUSN

It may or may not. Just like Propecia users, an unknown % of users suffer "persistent" (or possibly permanent) hormonal damage from the drugs use...even after stopping it. The condition is known as "PFS". Accutane has the same type of condition...I for one have the 'tane version for past 7 years.

Whether your hormonal issues are from the Accutane use or not doesn't really matter at this point. But at least being aware of the possibility as the root cause, it may help with understanding your body & future treatment protocols.

Considering I've never ever had any libido or ED issues before, I'd say it's probably safe that my accutane treatment isn't the cause of this. Would you agree? I never had a single issue at all until my first injection of T.

CoastWatcher

Here some links to check out if your interested.

https://rxisk.org/accutane-30-years-of-trading-our-sex-lives-for-clear-skin/

http://www.pfsfoundation.org/post-finasteride-syndrome-overview/

The points DaveK22 raises are important, and your past use of Accutane should be mentioned to any doctor your consulting in regard to any hormonal issue. But don't panic - he also points out, quite correctly, that this is one possibility, not a clinical diagnosis.

Two weeks is no time, no time at all, to evaluate the efficacy of a TRT protocol. It can, and typically does, take weeks or months to get things balanced properly. It's the rare fellow who hits the jackpot on the first effort. Post up more information and the conversation will continue.

JCUSN

And now I'm all paranoid about my Accutane usage. Could it really have messed up my hormones if I've been totally fine with my libido and erections for all these years? The ED and libido literally JUST hit me when I got my TRT shot.

CoastWatcher

And now I'm all paranoid about my Accutane usage. Could it really have messed up my hormones if I've been totally fine with my libido and erections for all these years? The ED and libido literally JUST hit me when I got my TRT shot.

It is unlikely. Your libido and erectile issues presented how long after the initial injection? Remember, testosterone carries an ester chain - it's not absorbed at the time of the injection.

CoastWatcher

You had an inadequate workup. You are missing key labs: LH, FSH, estradiol/sensitive, thyroid panel - t3, t4, rt3, thyroid antibodies, and prolactin were not run. Your testosterone is low, but on the cusp where some doctors, good doctors, would want to know if you're dealing with primary or secondary hypogonadism (actually, any doctor prescribing TRT would want to know that). But your doctor didn't test for that distinction and the possibility of a re-start protocol was not discussed (a shame, given your reasonably young age). Your thyroid was not assessed - another mistake as thyroid issues can spin a person in all sorts of directions. Prolactin, if elevated, can impede libido and erectile issues. Estradiol is a vital level to know - it makes no sense to have not measured it. Finally, your protocol is a hit and miss affair. Extra injections thrown in, having to visit your doctor to have the injections...a high SHBG means a bit of extra thought to timing and dose should take place. Injecting is something all of us do on our own. You deserve better.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me