Naringin supplement to lower hematocrit

Buy Lab Tests Online
What was your HCT before donating blood? Usually when i donate my HCT drops ~ 3 points. And it usually takes 3 months for my HCT levels to rise the same 3 points. All this without grapefruit/naringin. I started grapefruit a week ago. So lets see if it works for me

I was sure going in two months ago that I was >55, I think my measured finger stick HGB was at least 18 (multiply by three) = 54.
I haven't run a CBC in the last 6 months but judging how things HAD been going, I was shocked to see a 50 on this CBC which for me says i was stable for once between donations.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

HealthMan

I was sure going in two months ago that I was >55, I think my measured finger stick HGB was at least 18 (multiply by three) = 54.
I haven't run a CBC in the last 6 months but judging how things HAD been going, I was shocked to see a 50 on this CBC which for me says i was stable for once between donations.

Makes sense Vince. Good stuff! I will be in a position to analyse my numbers in a few months from now. I will make sure i post my findings here. Tks for sharing your experience

HealthMan

I got my CBC results 3 weeks after donating blood. I started drinking grapefruit juice on the day i donated blood (so same 3 weeks)

Before blood donation:
RBC 6 (4.14-5.8)
Hemoglobin 17.8 (12.6-17.7)
Hematocrit 52.4 (37.5-51)

3 weeks after donating blood:
RBC 5.77 (4.14-5.8)
Hemoglobin 17.2 (12.6-17.7)
Hematocrit 51.5 (37.5-51)

So not sure if grapefruit is helping here. I will be able to donate again soon. That should bring everything back to within range levels. I am planning on checking CBC every 2 months to see if grapefruit juice is working and if hematocrit levels are out of range will donate blood. I will post my results here

HealthMan

Ok. Things seem to be kind of working now. I am currently on metformin 500mg twice a day + 1 grapefruit + 250mg grapefruit seed extract (pure encapsulations). After 1 month i got CBC done and levels are stable (which is a big surprise for me. I was expecting levels to be higher). See below:

RBC 1 month ago: 5.77
RBC now: 5.79

Hemoglobin 1 month ago: 17.2
Hemoglobin now: 16.7

Hematocrit 1 month ago: 51.5
Hematocrit now: 51.3

I will try to donate blood this weekend but it is the first time ever during TRT that after donating blood i dont see hematocrit levels increasing!

I added a big dose of GSE powder to my morning supplements and my last CBC had me at a 50.X which was 8 weeks post donation, I was shocked to be at 50.X I expected to be my normal 53+ HCT...can't say if it's the GSE or not but this thread is why I started taking it. Need another CBC to see how things are going. I can say for sure that I don't have that physical need to donate blood feeling I would get at 8 weeks.

HealthMan

I added a big dose of GSE powder to my morning supplements and my last CBC had me at a 50.X which was 8 weeks post donation, I was shocked to be at 50.X I expected to be my normal 53+ HCT...can't say if it's the GSE or not but this thread is why I started taking it. Need another CBC to see how things are going. I can say for sure that I don't have that physical need to donate blood feeling I would get at 8 weeks.

How much are you taking Vince?

Hoosier52

I got my lab report today after 3 months of taking 500 mg of Metformin twice a day and eating half a grapefruit or taking Narigin. My HCT is exactly the same as 4 months ago - 52.7. The good news is that this is the first time it has not gone up. Also, I was a bit dehydrated the day I had blood drawn and I had missed the grapefruit for couple of days prior. I have lived at 1 mile high altitude for over 30 years.

HealthMan

Just to be clear when I was taking metformin alone (no grapefruit/naringin) my hematocrit was always on the rise. So looks like metforming at a dosage of 500mg twice a day didnt help with my hematocrit.
Now a question for the experts. The way metformin reduced hematocrit is because of vitamin B12 malabsorption? Or there is a different mechanisc involved?

I have a little hobby scale i can weight it out on I jsut haven't taken the time...I know it's way over the labeling though. I have to say that I think its helped me.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Just to be clear when I was taking metformin alone (no grapefruit/naringin) my hematocrit was always on the rise. So looks like metforming at a dosage of 500mg twice a day didnt help with my hematocrit.
Now a question for the experts. The way metformin reduced hematocrit is because of vitamin B12 malabsorption? Or there is a different mechanisc involved?

Yes, I think Metformin's lowering effect on hematocrit is due to lower B-12.

I read this thread with great interest. I think there is something promising in grapefruit extracts. Just make sure you realize grapefruit could interactions with many medications.

Grapefruit–drug interactions

HealthMan

Donating blood as I write. Oddly enough they said my hematocrit was 57 (cut off being 60). Given i just got my CBC from a lab and not a finger stick machine that seems to be very inaccurate

HealthMan

Interesting article showing flavonoids content in grapefruits:

http://citeseerx.ist.psu.edu/viewdoc/download?doi=10.1.1.485.5920&rep=rep1&type=pdf

Total flavonoids range between ~18-27mg per 100g of fresh fruit (depending on the variety). An average grapefruit that i buy weights 300-400g. Studies used half or one grapefruit (but results with one where the same as half). So we are probably talking about 50mg of bioflavonoids for half fruit. The extract i take has 100mg of flavonoids so approximately the content of 1 grapefruit.
Naringin is only one of the flavonoids in grapefruit (the most abundant). When i used naringin extract it did not work as well as grapefruit extract. So maybe the other flavonoids play a role in regulating hematocrit.

Donating blood as I write. Oddly enough they said my hematocrit was 57 (cut off being 60). Given i just got my CBC from a lab and not a finger stick machine that seems to be very inaccurate

Rule is the HGB that they measure multiplied by 3 can give an approximation of HCT but it's no substitute for a CBC.

HealthMan

Had CBC done results below:
RBC 5.53
Hemoglobin 15.6
Hematocrit 46.8

Before this my hematocrit was 51.2. Donated blood after that (my hematocrit usually drops 2 points after a donation). And after 2 months i donated again. The CBC was done a few weeks after this last donation. Usually for me after 2-3 months my hematocrit increases 2 points. So basically i had to donated every 2-3 months to keep it stable. So according to my estimates if i was not using grapefruit my hematocrit should be: 51.2 - 2 + 2 - 2 = 49.2 (so -4 points because of 2 donations and + 2 points because of the time between donations). And my result was 46.8. So definitely grapefruit is working for me. Before TRT my CBC numbers were very close to my latest numbers! So now i will monitor CBC every 2 months without donating blood and will post results here

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me