Naringin supplement to lower hematocrit

Buy Lab Tests Online

Shanem

My hematocrit is up and I need a phlebo. but was looking for alternatives. I had heard eating grapefruit can lower hematocrit levels due to a citrus bioflavonoid called Naringin in the grapefruit. So my question is has anyone experimented with taking Naringin on its own? I was looking on Amazon and see a supplier.

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Hoosier52

Similar problem with hematocrit. I started taking naringin and drinking green tea which is also suggested to bring down the numbers. Haven't had blood work done yet, but will do it soon.

Shanem

Did it work?
difficult to tell. Besides my hematocrit, my PSA went up to 5.2 in a very short time and so I was taken off the TRT. then everything went back to normal. I asked to go back on T but a lower dose and the clinic (Defy) said I could not without a letter from the urologist stating it was ok for me to be on TRT. The reason I went to Defy was because my doctor wont treat me. Now my PCP will not treat me nor will Defy, and I am back to the old symptoms that drove me to see another doctor.

Vince

Super Moderator
I've been on TRT for over 2 1/2 years now. I'm hoping my hematocrit has stabilized. I'm checking my hematocrit every 3 months and stopped donating blood.

HealthMan

difficult to tell. Besides my hematocrit, my PSA went up to 5.2 in a very short time and so I was taken off the TRT. then everything went back to normal. I asked to go back on T but a lower dose and the clinic (Defy) said I could not without a letter from the urologist stating it was ok for me to be on TRT. The reason I went to Defy was because my doctor wont treat me. Now my PCP will not treat me nor will Defy, and I am back to the old symptoms that drove me to see another doctor.

Sorry to hear that. Best of luck with the new doctor

HealthMan

I've been on TRT for over 2 1/2 years now. I'm hoping my hematocrit has stabilized. I'm checking my hematocrit every 3 months and stopped donating blood.
How often were you donating blood Vince? And how fast your hematocrit would rise? I was also hoping that with time my hematocrit would stabilize. I have been on TRT for 1 year now and i have donated blood a few times to keep hematocrit withing range. The highest number i had was 52.4 after 5 months without donating blood.

Vince

Super Moderator
How often were you donating blood Vince? And how fast your hematocrit would rise? I was also hoping that with time my hematocrit would stabilize. I have been on TRT for 1 year now and i have donated blood a few times to keep hematocrit withing range. The highest number i had was 52.4 after 5 months without donating blood.

I've stop donating blood, I'm just checking my hematocrit every 3 months. So far it's all been good, the last few times it's been around 47.

Hoosier52

I've added 500mg of Metformin each day along with 1/2 grapefruit or naringin in an effort to lower my hematocrit. Will have blood work in another week or so. I also live at high altitude in the desert which is a contibuting factor. My primary doesn't see an issue but Defy does.

HealthMan

I've added 500mg of Metformin each day along with 1/2 grapefruit or naringin in an effort to lower my hematocrit. Will have blood work in another week or so. I also live at high altitude which is a contibuting factor. My primary doesn't see an issue but Defy does.
What are your CBC lvls? Keep us posted with your experiment! In my case metformin didnt help at all. RBC, hemoglobin and hemocrit slowly rises above range for me in a matter of 3-4 months. Nothing crazy though... just slightly above range. I have been on TRT (injections) for 1 year.
Last time I donated blood and added 1 grapefruit a day so lets see.
I would be ok to donate blood every 3 months but i have white coat syndrome and it is always a pain in the s.... when it is time to donate blood. So i am trying to avoid this with the grapefruit. Lets see

Hoosier52

What are your CBC lvls? Keep us posted with your experiment! In my case metformin didnt help at all. RBC, hemoglobin and hemocrit slowly rises above range for me in a matter of 3-4 months. Nothing crazy though... just slightly above range. I have been on TRT (injections) for 1 year.
Last time I donated blood and added 1 grapefruit a day so lets see.
I would be ok to donate blood every 3 months but i have white coat syndrome and it is always a pain in the s.... when it is time to donate blood. So i am trying to avoid this with the grapefruit. Lets see

Don't have #s with me, but my HCT was at the top of the upper range. I am phobic of blood donations. Never done it and probaly never will. The blood work every 3 months to floow the HCT has become super expensive - at least $1000/year.

Ive been using GSE once per day and my last CBC on 30 May had my HCT @ 50.1, 8 weeks post donation....I can't say it helped but I expected my HCT to be 53-54 and I don't have this need to donate "feeling" that I usually have @ 60 days post donation.

Hoosier52

Ive been using GSE once per day and my last CBC on 30 May had my HCT @ 50.1, 8 weeks post donation....I can't say it helped but I expected my HCT to be 53-54 and I don't have this need to donate "feeling" that I usually have @ 60 days post donation.

Hope it works for me. I don't feel the "bloat" or have the heart thumbing and face flushing. I'll have blood drawn next week.

HealthMan

What was your HCT before donating blood? Usually when i donate my HCT drops ~ 3 points. And it usually takes 3 months for my HCT levels to rise the same 3 points. All this without grapefruit/naringin. I started grapefruit a week ago. So lets see if it works for me

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me