Harmonized Reference Range for Testosterone

Buy Lab Tests Online

Jinzang

A large study of more than 9,000 men has established harmonized reference ranges for total testosterone in men that when applied to assays that have been appropriately calibrated will effectively enable clinicians to make a correct diagnosis of hypogonadism, according to a new study published in the Endocrine Society's Journal of Clinical Endocrinology & Metabolism.

In this study, researchers obtained serum testosterone samples from men who had already had their testosterone levels assayed locally. The samples were sent to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention's (CDC) Clinical Standardization Programs at the National Center for Environmental Health where testosterone concentrations were measured using a higher order liquid chromatography tandem mass spectrometry method.

Researchers used the results from both measurements to generate harmonized values, which were in turn used to derive standardized, age-specific reference ranges overall. The harmonized normal range for testosterone in a non-obese population of European and American Men, 19-39 years, is 264-916 ng/dL.

"Without harmonized reference ranges and standardized assays, tests can lead to misdiagnoses and unfortunately this happens every day around the world," said Hubert Vesper, PhD who is also a co-author of the study and co-chair of The Partnership for the Accurate Testing of Hormones (PATH). "Now we have a reference range for testosterone, and it's important that we take this into consideration in the tests that clinicians and patients depend on for accurate diagnoses."

Link to original article.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Of course not a single mention of whether or not these men had symptoms.

I find it hard to believe a man who is at 265ng/DL is not symptomatic, or even 350.

No mention of other hormones, SHBG or E2 for example.

I find it interesting that ranges for testosterone keep decreasing.

When they say "assayed locally" I wonder if that means these men approached their doctor for testing, or that these study participants didn't go to a single location for testing but didn't report symptoms.

Weasel

JDS,

I think it's pretty reasonable to see reference ranges getting lower and lower given all the exogenous estrogens that men are exposed to each and every day. Not saying it's right, just saying that as a population, Testosterone levels are falling as a whole.

it's a recipe for complete failure to have some one with a level of 300 be told they are "normal" Who wants to be normal in todays world??

JDS,

I think it's pretty reasonable to see reference ranges getting lower and lower given all the exogenous estrogens that men are exposed to each and every day. Not saying it's right, just saying that as a population, Testosterone levels are falling as a whole.

it's a recipe for complete failure to have some one with a level of 300 be told they are "normal" Who wants to be normal in todays world??

I think if you're "normal" in today's world, you're not normal.

Weasel

I think if you're "normal" in today's world, you're not normal.

Completely agree!!

For an even more jack up range, the VA uses 300-623. They use quest for this test but do not even use the quest range (250-1100)

can you imagine getting flagged and your dosage reduced for a 650 level? It's a joke.

Luckily I've got Dr Saya in my corner....

I've got a lot of questions for him when we meet next week. I'm determined to get my libido and ability back CONSISTENTLY!

Completely agree!!

For an even more jack up range, the VA uses 300-623. They use quest for this test but do not even use the quest range (250-1100)

can you imagine getting flagged and your dosage reduced for a 650 level? It's a joke.

Luckily I've got Dr Saya in my corner....

I've got a lot of questions for him when we meet next week. I'm determined to get my libido and ability back CONSISTENTLY!

I've seen one that was 129-600 or something.

I swear these reference ranges are established based on a geriatric community or maybe a cemetery.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me