New member (gamnc)

Male
    68 years old
    Married
    6 feet 1 inch tall, 230 pounds

I have been using testosterone replacement for 10 years, the last year on Testopel and Clomiphene (25 MG Clomid per day) prior to that was on the shots once every two weeks. Shots never came above 500, and I seem to burn it up fast. Doctor thinks it is due to my high activity level.
    Have been on ED meds for 10 years and am planning to go on Trimix this month.
    health is good, low BP, low cholesterol, normal red count, low PSA results, my T levels at peak are 600 but will drop to 300 by end of Testopel cycle. My cycle is 3 months with 12 pellets. With out Testopel I had a T level of 58.
    I am switching to Trimix for ED after much reading and acceptance the pills are not working well enough to let me finish. I tried Vacuum tubes, hate them, and all I read on Trimix sounds like it is a fit for me. Would like to get all the information on Testosterone replacement and Trimix as I can. My doctors appoint for the Trimix is 1/12/2017, for Testopel is 1/24/2017.
    Last edited by CoastWatcher; 01-10-2017 at 02:06 PM.

2. # ADS
    Purchase From Our Affiliates
    Help Excelmale

Defy

Welcome!
    This is the place to be for all the new info you need on both TRT and Trimix.

Welcome to Excelmale. There are scores of posts here dealing with Trimix - just plug the term into the search box and you can read your way into an excellent understanding of its use. If you post details of your labs a good discussion will ensue (please include the reference ranges provided on the lab report).

We hope you'll be an active member.

Wow - Testopel? That is a very outdated method of TRT and your T levels are nothing to write home about if your peak is 600 and your trough is 300. Not trying to be a smart-ass here - its just that shots every 2 weeks are just as bad so no surprise that your levels did not rise that way, either. Modern protocols call for smaller amounts of T injected at least every 3.5 days. Is your doc wedded to pellets or is he open to letting you do your own injections every 3.5 days (or more often if necessary)

I am just a bit younger than you and had similar lack of results from ED meds. I'm a recent convert to trimix. All I can say is that stuff is powerful! Start cautiously at first until you find out what dose works well for you. After that you can adjust how long the erections last through dosage - at least relatively.

Please let us know how it goes!

Took your advice and will be self injecting Testosterone myself no less than once a week. The Doctor agreed with you on keeping levels level. Said I should start with .5 ml/week. My total in the labs were 540 today. I will try to push it up to 800-900. You think the .5 per week will do that?

Do you mean 50mg of testosterone once a week or 100mg a week? 100mg would be a good starting does.

He said 50/week till the next lab data. on Testopel I was at 540 today. I told him I wanted to be between 900 - 1100. It was a good Dr Visit.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamnc View Post
    He said 50/week till the next lab data. on Testopel I was at 540 today. I told him I wanted to be between 900 - 1100. It was a good Dr Visit.
    That's a very small dose of testosterone. What's your most recent SHBG?

I have never had it run, they do psa, red count total T, and free T. The GP runs those and pages more but I don't see SHBG on the sheet.

It went well today, .3 units is where we started, and it worked within three min. lasted about 30 Min. than flexible but not flaccid. I think next time I will go to .5 units.

I have never had it run, they do psa, red count total T, and free T. The GP runs those and pages more but I don't see SHBG on the sheet.
    SHBG is one of the central lab tests on which decisions about protocols are based. It permits you and your doctor to have an idea of how quickly your body will clear testosterone. A lower SHBG calls for small, less frequent injections over the course of a week. A higher value indicates that a larger doses may be necessary.

To prescribe 50mg a week, a very low dose no matter what your SHBG is, without knowing where your sex hormone binding globulin sits is a bit like throwing a dart in the general direction of the target without really aiming. You hope it gets there, but chances are it may not.

Than I need to get one run. learning something new every day.

Than I need to get one run. learning something new every day.
    It would be nice if your doctor wasn't still learning. We have to be our own advocate.

Thread Information