Total T is up! But libido is gone....

Buy Lab Tests Online

Soilsample

Hello Gentlemen,
Please bear with me because getting proper blood tests with my Doc are like pulling teeth!

Anyway I'm 45.
5'10" and 235 pounds.
I weight train every day.... I'm overweight but built very solid with decent muscle mass.

Currently dealing with under active thyroid and low T.

Currently-
Test cyp 2000mg at 1ml every 2 weeks divided doses every 3.5 days. This has been going for 4 months.
Levothyroxene 112mg daily for thyroid (which is just now starting to function).

PROBLEM:
I saw my Dr today and he says my Total Test is up to 789 (tested in a trough before my Thursday injection) which sounds great. However he didn't test Free T or E2....
My problem is that I still feel like crap, and my sex drive has gone to ZERO.
He is sending me for another blood test for SBGH, Total Estrogen, and Albomin

I would greatly appreciate any advice or wise words!

thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Hello Gentlemen,
Please bare with me because getting proper blood tests with my Doc are like pulling teeth!

Anyway I'm 45.
5'10" and 235 pounds.
I weight train every day.... I'm overweight but built very solid with decent muscle mass.

Currently-
Test cyp 2000mg at 1ml every 2 weeks divided doses every 3.5 days. This has been going for 4 months.

PROBLEM:
I saw my Dr today and he says my Total Test is up to 789 (tested in a trough before my Thursday injection) which sounds great. However he didn't test Free T or E2....

thanks!

Sorry to hear about your docs insufficient testing. Discounted labs is great to supplement some missing lab test you need, say sensitive E2, because I'd put money on your doc NOT testing sensitive E2 if he's getting "total estrogen". Total estrogen is a completely worthless lab test.

As to why your libido is crap, is anybody's guess, as of now.

CoastWatcher

Hello Gentlemen,
Please bare with me because getting proper blood tests with my Doc are like pulling teeth!

Anyway I'm 45.
5'10" and 235 pounds.

Currently-

PROBLEM:

thanks!

Without further testing it's all a shot in the dark, a best guess. You need free testosterone, estradiol/sensitive test, SHBG, DHT, and, if it wasn't measured prior to therapy, prolactin. Then you need to find a new doctor. Failing to properly test is a dead giveaway that he/she doesn't understand androgen replacement. That is made even more clear by his ordering total estrogen. A total waste of time.

You deserve better.

Soilsample

I wish it was a simple thing to get a new Doctor.
Ive been struggling with this for over a year just to get where I am....

As much as I'd like to use one of the forum sponsors, I really want to use my insurance.

Its so so frustrating to spend over a year and get no true progress but it seems there are NO doctors in my area (SW Louisiana) that are any good at this game.

Ugh!!!!

CoastWatcher

I wish it was a simple thing to get a new Doctor.
Ive been struggling with this for over a year just to get where I am....

As much as I'd like to use one of the forum sponsors, I really want to use my insurance.

Its so so frustrating to spend over a year and get no true progress but it seems there are NO doctors in my area (SW Louisiana) that are any good at this game.

Ugh!!!!

You want to use your insurance to get substandard care? How many more months will go by with no improvement? I can't speak to your financial situation, but an investment in your health is worth, well, how much is it worth? Defy Medical may be cheaper than you imagine.

Soilsample

That's very good advice ^^^^ I agree.
If things don't get better quickly I'll be calling Defy!

and it's not likely that things will get much better if I can't even get proper testing.

CoastWatcher

and it's not likely that things will get much better if I can't even get proper testing.

I'm not a Defy patient, I've no vested interest in their success, but I have great respect for Dr. Saya and the work they do. I wish you all the best. Keep us posted.

ERO

At the very least get your own lab tests with Discounted labs - that way you can at least show your doc what he should be testing and know what is going on.

HealthMan

I have struggled with so many doctors that just couldn't get my protocol right and were unwilling to listen to me. I am now a patient of Dr Saya (Defy) and I couldn't be happier. I have never spoken to someone so knowledgeable in the field and so willing to help. If i were you I wouldn't think twice to call Defy. I still have a few things to fine tune but TRT has changed my life and I am really thankful to have found someone like Dr Saya to take care of my TRT protocol.
Even the smallest changes in your protocol might have drastic effects on how you feel. So it is imperative that you find someone that really knows about TRT and have some patience to fine tune your protocol.
Also this website is a very good source of information and everybody here is willing to help. A great TRT community! Thanks to Nelson Vergel! Best of luck!

HealthMan

Hello Gentlemen,

Anyway I'm 45.
5'10" and 235 pounds.

Currently-

PROBLEM:

thanks!

Everyone is different but i only felt really good when my Total Testosterone went over 1000 ng/dl (with free testosterone over 25 pg/ml) amd estradiol between 20-30 pg/ml (estradiol being the most difficult thing to get right). As odd as it might sounds estradiol within range was key for libido and energy (a "female" hormone responsible for libido in men might sound odd). HCG didnt really change how i felt to be honest but i added because i wanted to remain fertile (still trying to get there).

Everyone is different but i only felt really good when my Total Testosterone went over 1000 ng/dl (with free testosterone over 25 pg/ml) amd estradiol between 20-30 pg/ml (estradiol being the most difficult thing to get right). As odd as it might sounds estradiol within range was key for libido and energy (a "female" hormone responsible for libido in men might sound odd). HCG didnt really change how i felt to be honest but i added because i wanted to remain fertile (still trying to get there).

I'm curious, are you on AI? I only ask because if you need to be at 1000 to have a 20-30 E2 level that's an even lower aromatizer than myself, and I thought I was low!

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me