Just started TRT

Buy Lab Tests Online

Riderfan3169

Hello
Just introducing myself. 36 y.o. test level was 167. Low mood low libido increased weight gain. Started on 100mg test.cyp. weekly. Hoping this helps with things. Guys on Facebook recomended this forum. If ypu want to share your experience with me I woukd deeply appreciate it.
Thanks

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Hello
Just introducing myself. 36 y.o. test level was 167. Low mood low libido increased weight gain. Started on 100mg test.cyp. weekly. Hoping this helps with things. Guys on Facebook recomended this forum. If ypu want to share your experience with me I woukd deeply appreciate it.
Thanks

Welcome to EM - we're glad you joined. Rather than sharing our stories with you, to start off, why don't you tell us a bit more about your situation? You shared one lab value, your total testosterone; what other test results do you have? Free testosterone, estradiol/sensitive, SHBG, LH, FSH, prolactin, your full thyroid panel, PSA, DHT - the essential tests needed to sort out your status. Be sure to include the ranges for each test.

Are you you on HCG? How long have you been following your protocol? And, most importantly, how do you feel? We look forward to the conversation.

Riderfan3169

Thanks for the reply today was my first injection
Labs were as followed note I am from Canada so my levels are different I am converting the ones I can the ones I can't I have added the measurement mg/l etc

Test 167
Free t was 2.1
Growth hormone 0.02
High sensitivity crp 4.4 mg/l
Lipid panel
Triglycerides 1.1 mmol/l ref 0.35-1.70
Cholesterol 4.49 mmol/l ref 3.80-5.20
Hdl cholesterol 1.21mmol/l ref .90-2.40
Lol. 2.78
Non Hdl. 3.3

TSH screen 1.09 miU/l ref 0.49- 4.67
Psa 0.6 ug/l ref 0.0 - 2.5
Cortisol random 880nmol/l ref 79 -530
Estradiol just says high outside of ref range

Dr. Told me pituitary was fine.

Now a little more history from me. I was born at 28 weeks old very premature, was 1 pound 12 ounces in 1980 thay was significant was on a ventilator for 6 months and on a town of steroids to help me gain weight. Needless to say when I hit puberty nothing really happened. I got a deep voice and facial hair but my testicle didn't really develop nor did my penis hugely. (EMBARASSING I KNOW) I habe been overweight since I think when I left the hospital besides when I was born I dot recall a picture where I wasn't fat. Rigjt now I am 5 foot 5 and weigh 270 pounds. Amazingly I fathered 2 kids with my great and supportive wife but my sperms count is extremely low as well amd the endocrinologist told me I have adrenal insufficency due to my experience at birth.
I also from my prematurity have a congenital hear issue woth conducting amd have lived with a pacemaker for half of my life.
I hit the gym 5 to 6 times I week am an avid swimmer and have taken up yoga for fun as well as my weight and cardio. No energy no gains at the gym no libid mood swings man boobs. No strength energy etc.
Like I said this has been a life long learning process from being premature amd all that that has entailed. When I went through puberty and nothung really changed much my dr at the time who was an old codger just said "some people do better than others" it wasn't until my great gp cardiologist and endocrinologist put their heads together amd said this dude has no testosterone high cortisol aND estrogen something is right. I had a full body ct scan no tumors or anything just underdeveloped lungs related to my gestational age at birth.

Hope that help and wasn't to long a story that's all the info I can pass along at this time all 3 Dr's were I agreement that TRT was right for me at this time so we will see how it goes

CoastWatcher

I, too, am Canadian, so I have some understanding of the challenges of obtaining adequate care when you need TRT. Your story is certainly complex, and you've dealt with health challenges since childhood...but before we dig into the finer points of your history, can you tell us if you had LH and FSH run? If so, the results and ranges? I hope you had more than TSH run to evaluate your thyroid. Were t3, t4, rt3, and thyroid antibodies measured? As for estradiol, it was undoubtedly the standard test that was run, you and I live in Canada where the appropriate, sensitive test is unavailable. That means your estradiol is likely to be even lower than your results indicate.

Update us on your lab picture and we'll go from there.

Riderfan3169

The joys of free healthcare. Lol to be honest I have no idea what else was done. I have contacted my dr to see what was done amd will do anything else needed on Monday. This is getting more confusing then I thought

CoastWatcher

The joys of free healthcare. Lol to be honest I have no idea what else was done. I have contacted my dr to see what was done amd will do anything else needed on Monday. This is getting more confusing then I thought

How long have you been following your protocol? How do you feel? I asked about HCG - was it discussed? How are you being monitored? Is future fertility an issue?

Riderfan3169

Coast. hello. thanks for all of your input it is really helpful albiet slightly overwhelming. as I stated i had my first injection 2 days ago so i gues 2 days on protocol, i woke up this morning feelign like i had the best sleep of my life, and energy to boot. i ran on the treadmill this morning for 20 minutes and i mean solid run, havent done that i think ever. HCG was talked about but because we arent having any more kids, and i have huge saggy balls already a little atrophy didnt seem like an issue, if anyting might get them up out of the way a bit, if my erections come back lol. i want to my Dr. today and she added the missing bloodwork that you wanted to see so i will get those results to you. she is monitoring my bloodwork q 2 weeks for the first 3 months then monthly after that. CBC hematocrit, PT INR estradiol, t and free t, LH FSH SB?? full thyroid, lipid panel liver enzymes, reanl panel, ferritin, i think that is it but i will look at the req again in 2 weeks, ( the lab is keeping hte req there on file). no future fertility issues, as i have 2 great kids and my wife is fixed. i was fixed between marriages, but got reconnected when my new wife wanted a kid.
hope that is helpful for you thanks for all of your input. i am not meaning to to be a pain, just trying to find the right answers. i did find out that due to my pacemaker Canadian blood services wont let me donate blood, so i will have to look at something else if my crit gets to high. here is a quick question for you. my dad died 2 years ago form cancer and was on AI's to help with his tumpr as it was estrogen based. and i was quite allergic to it as i was adiministering it to him and ended up having to wear gloves and mask etc. do you haveaby esperience with the natural estrogen blcokers like estroblock, or DIM? just would like to try and stay on top of it.

Thanks

Chris

CoastWatcher

Coast. hello. thanks for all of your input it is really helpful albiet slightly overwhelming. as I stated i had my first injection 2 days ago so i gues 2 days on protocol, i woke up this morning feelign like i had the best sleep of my life, and energy to boot. i ran on the treadmill this morning for 20 minutes and i mean solid run, havent done that i think ever. HCG was talked about but because we arent having any more kids, and i have huge saggy balls already a little atrophy didnt seem like an issue, if anyting might get them up out of the way a bit, if my erections come back lol. i want to my Dr. today and she added the missing bloodwork that you wanted to see so i will get those results to you. she is monitoring my bloodwork q 2 weeks for the first 3 months then monthly after that. CBC hematocrit, PT INR estradiol, t and free t, LH FSH SB?? full thyroid, lipid panel liver enzymes, reanl panel, ferritin, i think that is it but i will look at the req again in 2 weeks, ( the lab is keeping hte req there on file). no future fertility issues, as i have 2 great kids and my wife is fixed. i was fixed between marriages, but got reconnected when my new wife wanted a kid.
hope that is helpful for you thanks for all of your input. i am not meaning to to be a pain, just trying to find the right answers. i did find out that due to my pacemaker Canadian blood services wont let me donate blood, so i will have to look at something else if my crit gets to high. here is a quick question for you. my dad died 2 years ago form cancer and was on AI's to help with his tumpr as it was estrogen based. and i was quite allergic to it as i was adiministering it to him and ended up having to wear gloves and mask etc. do you haveaby esperience with the natural estrogen blcokers like estroblock, or DIM? just would like to try and stay on top of it.

Thanks

Chris

I'm pleased to know you're feeling somewhat better. It might well be placebo, it might be the TRT honeymoon phase (when your natural production has yet to be shut down and you enjoy a period of remarkable well-being), or you may be responding to the injection. I hope it continues and only increases as time goes by.

To block estradiol, if necessary, you would be prescribed Anastrozole. Is that what your father was taking? It's given to men on TRT in very small doses: .125 - .250mg a time or two a week. The natural estrogen inhibitors may make a very slight difference, but they will not control estradiol that rises by a significant amount. If they did, everyone would use them rather than turning to Anastrozole.

Don't be too quick to assume you'll have an e2 problem. Most men don't require an AI. One should never be part of a protocol in the absence of elevated labs and symptoms suggesting problems. There are other options as well - more frequent smaller dosing, for example.

May ay I ask where in Canada you live?

Riderfan3169

disregard, the DIM, i read Nelsons freidns article seems like a bad choice, sorry sometimes its hard to find aboslutley everything there is so much info on this sight. i jsut want to be prepared incase i run into issues down the road

CoastWatcher

disregard, the DIM, i read Nelsons freidns article seems like a bad choice, sorry sometimes its hard to find aboslutley everything there is so much info on this sight. i jsut want to be prepared incase i run into issues down the road

But don't lose sight of the larger point: you may NOT need medication to control your e2.

Riderfan3169

caost,
i am in Saskatchewan. no my dad was on tamoxifen, and one other, cant remember but it wasnt that. so not aboslutely eveyone on TRT will experience increase heamtocrit and estradiol levels? i guess i am concerned cuz i do have a bigger gut, so hoping my fat wont convert more of the test to estrogen. i guess thats why my dr is being so diligent on the blood work though, so i feel as though i am in good hands. i also read that 100mg a week is a fairly safe does that may prevent the bign peaks and valley of the 200 every 2 weeks that can cause some of these issues, seems like my dr has covered most of her basis and thought this through. Thanks again for eveything you are a wealth of knowlege to a 37 year old newbie that just wants to feel normal again, not want to off myself, and actually have a sex life with my wife, and maybe see a bit of results finally from the days and days at the gym with no results, and have some energy after work to play with my kids.

C

CoastWatcher

caost,
i am in Saskatchewan. no my dad was on tamoxifen, and one other, cant remember but it wasnt that. so not aboslutely eveyone on TRT will experience increase heamtocrit and estradiol levels? i guess i am concerned cuz i do have a bigger gut, so hoping my fat wont convert more of the test to estrogen. i guess thats why my dr is being so diligent on the blood work though, so i feel as though i am in good hands. i also read that 100mg a week is a fairly safe does that may prevent the bign peaks and valley of the 200 every 2 weeks that can cause some of these issues, seems like my dr has covered most of her basis and thought this through. Thanks again for eveything you are a wealth of knowlege to a 37 year old newbie that just wants to feel normal again, not want to off myself, and actually have a sex life with my wife, and maybe see a bit of results finally from the days and days at the gym with no results, and have some energy after work to play with my kids.

C

In order to minimize peaks/valleys you should consider 50mg every 3.5 days - twice a week. It's been shown over and over again that smaller, more frequent injections of testosterone are the ticket to success. I would guess that the majority of our members are on a protocol,that calls for multiple injections a week: twice a week, every other day, or, in my case and a few others, a daily, morning injection. I inject 16mg every morning, have levels at the top of the range and my e2 slid nicely into place. You should consider it.

It's by no means a given that you will have estradiol and hematocrit problems. If you do, they can be dealt with via dose manipulation and/or an AI in the case of the former, and therapeutic phlebotomy in the case of the latter. If you ar obese you may well see estradiol rise, but it's not a given. You and your doctors are responsibly monitoring your levels - and that's good.

Riderfan3169

Yes monitoring we are, luckily i dont have any of the thrombophilla factor issues so that is a plus for me, maybe i will discuss going to 50 mg every 3.5 days and see what she says. thansk for the info this is all really good news and information. sorry if i am taking up a ton of your time i just want to do this smartly. and you seem to have a good grip on this.
thanks

c

CoastWatcher

Yes monitoring we are, luckily i dont have any of the thrombophilla factor issues so that is a plus for me, maybe i will discuss going to 50 mg every 3.5 days and see what she says. thansk for the info this is all really good news and information. sorry if i am taking up a ton of your time i just want to do this smartly. and you seem to have a good grip on this.
thanks

c

Thank you for the kind words; we're all in this together. Yes, discuss more frequent injections with your doctor. You are administering your own shots, aren't you?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me