7 lessons about finding the work you were meant to do

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
You don't “find your calling,” you fight for it — and other lessons from people who found their passion (sometimes late in life).

your calling in life.jpg
Whether it was during a career aptitude test or in a heart-to-heart chat after getting laid off, chances are someone has talked to you about how to “find your calling.” It's one of those phrases people toss about. But StoryCorps founder Dave Isay takes issue with it … specifically, the verb.

“Finding your calling — it's not passive,” he says. “When people have found their calling, they've made tough decisions and sacrifices in order to do the work they were meant to do.”

In other words, you don't just “find” your calling — you have to fight for it. And it's worth the fight. “People who've found their calling have a fire about them,” says Isay, the winner of the 2015 TED Prize. “They're the people who are dying to get up in the morning and go do their work.”

Over a decade of listening to StoryCorps interviews, Isay noticed that people often share the story of how they discovered their calling — and now, he's collected dozens of great stories on the subject into a new book, Callings: The Purpose and Passion of Work. Below, he shares 7 takeaways from the hard-won fight to find the work you love.

http://ideas.ted.com/7-lessons-about-finding-the-work-you-were-meant-to-do/

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

buggies100

I am truly blessed to be in the "zone". Still it is work, but almost everyday I am glad to go out the door and do my job. I realize that most do not get that feeling. If you are on the bubble about changing to a job that can get you there, I would advise to give it serious consideration, it is awesome. My wife and I are both in that position, and it is great

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me