Low Testosterone Discussion

Buy Lab Tests Online

Hoss91

It's always going to be a guessing game, to a certain extent, when one is forced to rely on the standard test. Typically, the standard estradiol test over reports...except when it doesn't. This is where symptom monitoring is so critical. I got the sense from your earlier post on the topic that she moved quickly past your estradiol concerns. At least she was aware that estradiol monitoring is important. Far too many Canadian doctors are clueless on the topic.

It would be nice to see higher estradiol in your situation. Hence, the DHEA question.

How does DHEA relate to E2?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Hoss91

Oh that is right. Sorry- Attention, focus, memory, sleep, etc still crap. Sort of like I am on auto-pilot or not fully there. Apologies.

Alright, I will report back tomorrow. Although, I am starting to lose faith that testosterone or estradiol is the problem, at least cognitively. Perhaps the lack of muscles mass and strength, but it seems a bit of stretch that it is causing cognitive side effects considering everything is seemingly normal.

CoastWatcher

Oh that is right. Sorry- Attention, focus, memory, sleep, etc still crap. Sort of like I am on auto-pilot or not fully there. Apologies.

Alright, I will report back tomorrow. Although, I am starting to lose faith that testosterone or estradiol is the problem, at least cognitively. Perhaps the lack of muscles mass and strength, but it seems a bit of stretch that it is causing cognitive side effects considering everything is seemingly normal.

No matter what a doctor tells you, " normal" always means more than "in range."

Hoss91

No matter what a doctor tells you, " normal" always means more than "in range."

Had the follow-up appointment. If I can recall correctly, here is what was said:

- re DHEA - She said there is no point because my E2 is not that high.
- re thyroid antibodies - she said she tested all what she could.
- re the elevated LH - she said it is not that high. It's more "high-normal". Also the fact that it fluctuates.
- re E2 levels - I forgot to ask her about this, but given her answer regarding DHEA, I think that sort of answer this.
-re the low testosterone on previous blood-test - she said it was a lab mix up, and she sees it all the time as testosterone can be tricky. Also, as it has been demonstrated in this thread, time of day is a factor.
-Lastly, she said that while some people improve on more testosterone (she gave an analogy to giving someone a type of thyroid medication... Dexa something), she said it may cause more problems than the benefits, especially going on lifelong TRT. She said she was sorry she could not help me, but her door is always open.

I am leaning towards the conclusion that my inability to build strength and muscle, and really at this point, the more worrisome cognitive side effects is due to something else. I guess the next step after this sleep study next Friday (which I need to wait 6 weeks for them to score it) would be to drive to Buffalo for some brain images. If there is nothing wrong with my brain, or other biological issues, then I guess it's how I am.

CoastWatcher

Had the follow-up appointment. If I can recall correctly, here is what was said:

- re DHEA - She said there is no point because my E2 is not that high.
- re thyroid antibodies - she said she tested all what she could.
- re the elevated LH - she said it is not that high. It's more "high-normal". Also the fact that it fluctuates.
- re E2 levels - I forgot to ask her about this, but given her answer regarding DHEA, I think that sort of answer this.
-re the low testosterone on previous blood-test - she said it was a lab mix up, and she sees it all the time as testosterone can be tricky. Also, as it has been demonstrated in this thread, time of day is a factor.
-Lastly, she said that while some people improve on more testosterone (she gave an analogy to giving someone a type of thyroid medication... Dexa something), she said it may cause more problems than the benefits, especially going on lifelong TRT. She said she was sorry she could not help me, but her door is always open.

I am leaning towards the conclusion that my inability to build strength and muscle, and really at this point, the more worrisome cognitive side effects is due to something else. I guess the next step after this sleep study next Friday (which I need to wait 6 weeks for them to score it) would be to drive to Buffalo for some brain images. If there is nothing wrong with my brain, or other biological issues, then I guess it's how I am.

She shut the door, politely, to further discussion, didn't she? I'm puzzled abiut her DHEA observation. Your estradiol is low, not high, and might explain your issues. That was discussed in earlier posts, and Dr. Saya suggested that DHEA might be worth trying to raise your levels. What am I missing?

Before driving to Buffalo, I'd consider arranging a teleconference with Dr. Saya at Defy Medical. He is one of the best in this field and does out-of-country consultations. He has seen so much, he might be able to make sense of your puzzling situation. At the very least, call them tomorrow, www.defymedical.com, and get more information. They will tell you what is involved and exactly what the fees would be.

Hoss91

She shut the door, politely, to further discussion, didn't she? I'm puzzled abiut her DHEA observation. Your estradiol is low, not high, and might explain your issues. That was discussed in earlier posts, and Dr. Saya suggested that DHEA might be worth trying to raise your levels. What am I missing?

Before driving to Buffalo, I'd consider arranging a teleconference with Dr. Saya at Defy Medical. He is one of the best in this field and does out-of-country consultations. He has seen so much, he might be able to make sense of your puzzling situation. At the very least, call them tomorrow, www.defymedical.com, and get more information. They will tell you what is involved and exactly what the fees would be.

Hi CoastWatcher,

I hope all is well. I do not believe I saw this last post. Shamefully, I did very little on these issues in the last 2.5 years. I was investigating other health issues over this time, and life happened. To update:

1) See attached for the Bone Mineral Density test (April 2017). I am surprised by the results to be honest.

2) I did go for my sleep study, and it came back normal. The report says that my sleep is normal, and any issues are likely stress related.

I looked up the clinic you suggested in Ottawa, but Google says it has closed. Do you have any other recommendations for a TRT doctor in Ottawa that I can consult?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Bone Density scan - April 2017.jpg
    Bone Density scan - April 2017.jpg
    633.5 KB · Views: 94
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones