Initial Tests

Buy Lab Tests Online

Bchap05

Hello I'm 33 and not completely new to the aspect of TRT and have spent quite a bit of time reading on this forum as well as others.

Lately I've had trouble keeping it up, lower sex drive, grumpy, and not as much drive to succeed as I normally have. So I figured I'd get bloods done to get an idea of where I'm at and if I'm low then probably go to a TRT center, or discuss with a dr, or self diagnose.

I was planning on doing a female hormone panel with Private MD labs as its the cheapest way to get a good portion of what I would like to see, but I know it doesn't include free test. I know the discountedlabs panel does include free test but is also like 5 times the price.

So if I just wanted to see a baseline of where I'm at to decide if this is indeed an issue or just in my head what test's do I need to see for sure? Would the hormone panel without free test be good enough to just get an idea of where I'm at?

Thanks

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Hello I'm 33 and not completely new to the aspect of TRT and have spent quite a bit of time reading on this forum as well as others.

Lately I've had trouble keeping it up, lower sex drive, grumpy, and not as much drive to succeed as I normally have. So I figured I'd get bloods done to get an idea of where I'm at and if I'm low then probably go to a TRT center, or discuss with a dr, or self diagnose.

I was planning on doing a female hormone panel with Private MD labs as its the cheapest way to get a good portion of what I would like to see, but I know it doesn't include free test. I know the discountedlabs panel does include free test but is also like 5 times the price.

So if I just wanted to see a baseline of where I'm at to decide if this is indeed an issue or just in my head what test's do I need to see for sure? Would the hormone panel without free test be good enough to just get an idea of where I'm at?

Thanks

Welcome to Excelmale. To answer your question, it is very important to understand your entire endocrine picture - free testosterone is an essential value to measure. Assuming you are, indeed, hypogonadal, the free testosterone level - in conjunction with SHBG - will be considered by you and your doctor in the overall design of your replacement protocol. Don't nickel and dime in testing.

To capture your situation you should measure at a minimum, total and free testosterone, SHBG, estradiol (sensitive test), LH, FSH, prolactin, CBC, PSA, DHT, TSH, t3, t4, rT3, and thyroid antibodies. One might be able to get away without a CMO, bu

Are you satisfied with the care your doctor is providing? Is he/she conversant on these matters, or are you driving in the dark?

I would go with my friend Coastwatcher but if costs, you indicated as much, are a factor, I would only test TSH at this time and omit T3/T4/Reverse T3/Antibodies and approach those at a later date and if your TSH is elevated.

CoastWatcher

I would go with my friend Coastwatcher but if costs, you indicated as much, are a factor, I would only test TSH at this time and omit T3/T4/Reverse T3/Antibodies and approach those at a later date and if your TSH is elevated.

Vince Carter suggests a legitimate way to save money at the outset. A good point.

Thanks

If you're looking for a female hormone panel, http://www.discountedlabs.com/post-pct-panel/ is a better alternative.

While I agree with the others here that thyroid and such is worth looking at, it's incredibly expensive for a first panel. The first panel basically is to see if you are indeed low.

I find this much better, with sensitive E2, and free testosterone.

Bchap05

Good call I like these options. Like I said I'm more or less just trying to get an idea if it's even a legit issue or in my head or something else at this point. I don't know the exact tests but my work does an annual blood test for our insurance and we just did it last week. I know it tests lipids and some thyroid type stuff.

Beyond being 33 I'm in shape, active and have worked out 3-5 days a week for for the last 6 years or so. Normally my bloods are solid and in range for everything

Good call I like these options. Like I said I'm more or less just trying to get an idea if it's even a legit issue or in my head or something else at this point. I don't know the exact tests but my work does an annual blood test for our insurance and we just did it last week. I know it tests lipids and some thyroid type stuff.

Beyond being 33 I'm in shape, active and have worked out 3-5 days a week for for the last 6 years or so. Normally my bloods are solid and in range for everything

Get those results!

"In range" is such a non statement, it tells absolutely nothing.

My favorite way of explaining it is asking if you'd be okay if your paycheck said "in normal range".

Bchap05

Get those results!

"In range" is such a non statement, it tells absolutely nothing.

My favorite way of explaining it is asking if you'd be okay if your paycheck said "in normal range".

Yeah I totally get that especially with test since Dr's will be like you're fine, when in fact you are low. I was just saying more in general in the past when the test would be like healthy is >50 and I'd be like 25. And I've never had test checked. But I get what you're saying and agree.

Yeah I totally get that especially with test since Dr's will be like you're fine, when in fact you are low. I was just saying more in general in the past when the test would be like healthy is >50 and I'd be like 25. And I've never had test checked. But I get what you're saying and agree.

Thyroid levels have an impact on testosterone levels.

Not all blood tests are best in the middle of the range. TSH is a great example of one. Being at the low end of TSH is best for most people, mid range or high range is bad.

There is only one generalization that applies to blood tests: That there is no generalized one size fits all "goal" to be at.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me