Can you cycle off TRT?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Prime

KI have been on test cypionate for 6 months. I read here that it is a lifelong commitment. Can I get off now? How? what damage has been done? Thanks.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
You can get off now, It may take a long time before your body starts making your old levels of testosterone. You may need to do a restart.

at15

Did you have low t before you went on? You absolutely can get off if you want just stop no need to do anything else. 99% of the time everything goes back to normal eventually. Give it 2-3 months and assess your blood work.

CoastWatcher

Did you have low t before you went on? You absolutely can get off if you want just stop no need to do anything else. 99% of the time everything goes back to normal eventually. Give it 2-3 months and assess your blood work.

Ninety-nine percent of the time it "goes back to normal?" If one was hypogonadal, you are claiming that a patient can stop TRT and return to...what exactly? His PRE-TRT, rock bottom levels? That may be the case, but few would consider that something to look forward to. In far too many cases, endogenous production of testosterone having been suppressed, it may well require assistance to even achieve that state.

at15

Ninety-nine percent of the time it "goes back to normal?" If one was hypogonadal, you are claiming that a patient can stop TRT and return to...what exactly? His PRE-TRT, rock bottom levels? That may be the case, but few would consider that something to look forward to. In far too many cases, endogenous production of testosterone having been suppressed, it may well require assistance to even achieve that state.
No, for people with normal levels that just chose to use trt.

Vince

Super Moderator
KI have been on test cypionate for 6 months. I read here that it is a lifelong commitment. Can I get off now? How? what damage has been done? Thanks.
If you make the decision to either stop of continue, please keep us updated on how it goes.

Prime

Testosterone serum >1500 range 348-1197
Free 23.0 rang 7-24
Estradiol, sensitive 42.8 range 8-35

I found out today that I have been taking too much testosterone! Cypionate 40 mg twice a week, I have been taking 80mg twice a week. (with this low of a dosage I wonder if I really need it at all?

HCG 50 units twice a week.

anastrozole .20 mg one pill twice a week.

Dhea 50 mg daily.

I stopped the Anastrozole and dhea three weeks ago because of ED issues. Things have got a little better in that area. I was shocked that the test was so high, and the Estradiol. I am going to start taking the proper dosage, and take the other meds to get the Estradiol in range and see what happens. I will get the blood work done once a month to monitor.

I don't have a prescription for any ED meds.

Free 23.0 rang 7-24

I found out today that I have been taking too much testosterone! Cypionate 40 mg twice a week, I have been taking 80mg twice a week. (with this low of a dosage I wonder if I really need it at all?

Dhea 50 mg daily.

I stopped the Anastrozole and dhea three weeks ago because of ED issues. Things have got a little better in that area. I was shocked that the test was so high, and the Estradiol. I am going to start taking the proper dosage, and take the other meds to get the Estradiol in range and see what happens. I will get the blood work done once a month to monitor.

Do you have any other test results? Or is that literally it?

Wait, so you've been accidentally taking double your prescribed dose?

When were these tests taken relative to injection?

If that's without AI, then you don't need AI if you get your testosterone in range, you are taking way too much, so lower that but don't add in AI. That is way too many changes, and you will almost certainly crash your E2. Especially if you're at over 1500, and your E2 is just out of range.

You need to have patience, and make one change at a time, depending on when this test was taken relative to injection will make it clear how much you need to lower the test cyp.

Your E2 is just a touch high, but not terrible.

Prime said:

Ok, this is a little confusing. You were taking 80mg BIW, but now you're taking 40mg BIW...is this correct?

Prime said:

Again...confusing. Do you mean 500IUs BIW?

Prime said:

Dhea 50 mg daily.

I stopped the Anastrozole and dhea three weeks ago because of ED issues. Things have got a little better in that area. I was shocked that the test was so high, and the Estradiol.

Ok, so what you're telling us is that you've changed a total of 3 things (all at once) on your protocol...correct? Seriously, you need some professional help. By professional help, I mean a Doctor that knows what he's doing, and can guide you step by step to a successful protocol...because you don't have a clue what you're doing.

When you make adjustments to your protocol, you do ONE THING at a time, and follow up with labs 5-6 weeks later to actually see what's happening. With you changing 3 things, you're not going to know what caused what to change...you'll only be guessing.

As a final note, do you have any pre-TRT bloodwork you can post up?

Your E2 is just a touch high, but not terrible.

Ok, this is a little confusing. You were taking 80mg BIW, but now you're taking 40mg BIW...is this correct?

Again...confusing. Do you mean 500IUs BIW?

Ok, so what you're telling us is that you've changed a total of 3 things (all at once) on your protocol...correct? Seriously, you need some professional help. By professional help, I mean a Doctor that knows what he's doing, and can guide you step by step to a successful protocol...because you don't have a clue what you're doing.

When you make adjustments to your protocol, you do ONE THING at a time, and follow up with labs 5-6 weeks later to actually see what's happening. With you changing 3 things, you're not going to know what caused what to change...you'll only be guessing.

As a final note, do you have any pre-TRT bloodwork you can post up?

Bravo. Said exactly what I was thinking.

at15

Free 23.0 rang 7-24

Dhea 50 mg daily.

So 160 mg a week + a heavy hcg dose thats why your so high. You could just drop the hcg and keep at 160 mg a week and be fine. Or the 80 mg a week plus 500iu hcg 2x/week will still give you plenty of testosterone. I would prefer the first option, but if fertility is of concern then you'll want to keep the hcg in there.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me