DHEA and E2

Buy Lab Tests Online

Weasel

Does anyone have confirmed labs of how DHEA and/or Preg affected their e2 levels? How much did DHEA/Preg increase e2 if at all?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
DHEA can aroamatase but generally speaking 50 mg can be a safe amount for most men.

I lowered mine to 25 mg as my E2 tends to be just ever so slightly elevated.

Pregnenolone does not aroamatase so no worries there; I take 50 mg daily as well.

Back filling the pathways is important on TRT.

Weasel

DHEA can aroamatase but generally speaking 50 mg can be a safe amount for most men.

I lowered mine to 25 mg as my E2 tends to be just ever so slightly elevated.

Pregnenolone does not aroamatase so no worries there; I take 50 mg daily as well.

Back filling the pathways is important on TRT.

Careful with that Gene, While Preg may not aromatise itself it does lead to DHEA down the hormonal pathway which can raise E2.

Does anyone have confirmed labs of how DHEA and/or Preg affected their e2 levels? How much did DHEA/Preg increase e2 if at all?

Each one of us has a different experience with DHEA, use a good micronized capsule and start at 10 or 15mg daily and work up from there. The micronized should pass thru the liver and avoid aromatase. Cheap OTC DHEA will get aromatased in the liver for sure.

tjlab

Hi Vince why did lower your dhea dose and why did you quit pregnenolone? No matter if if I do injections once or twice weekly..My anxiety (hyperventilation) remains high at times, only since starting TRT. My dhea is on the low end. Should I try this combo? What's a good starting dose?

Vince

Super Moderator
Hi Vince why did lower your dhea dose and why did you quit pregnenolone? No matter if if I do injections once or twice weekly..My anxiety (hyperventilation) remains high at times, only since starting TRT. My dhea is on the low end. Should I try this combo? What's a good starting dose?

I stopped taking pregnenolone and lowered my dose of DHEA, to see what effect it has on me. I believe the results was weight gain, I'm thinking it's lowering my E2 too much. My E2 is naturally low. I'm still not using pregnenolone but yesterday starting using 35mg of DHEA.

Last edited:

Weasel

I stopped taking pregnenolone and lowered my dose of DHEA, to see what effect it has on me. I believe the results was weight gain, I'm thinking it's lowering my E2 too much. My E2 is naturally low. I'm still not using pregnenolone but yesterday starting using 35mg of DHEA.

Vince,

Are you saying DHEA lowers e2?? I've always read the opposite....please elaborate.

zojo360

What would be the purpose to supplement with DHEA? If one is low in this area, I understand. Other than that, is there a advantage?

More and more men are reporting negative things with DHEA...E2 is one big one. Atleast at higher doses and I mean anything over 25mg/D. Like Anastrozole, I don't think DHEA should be a blanket inclusion in a protocol and should be low dosed and then carefully evaluated by the user. Like a few other things, people take this, Drs "prescribe" it, treating a number on a test as reason #1 to use it.
Ive done it all with DHEA, had really high tests at twice normal limits with supplementation...oral micronized, trasndermal, sublingual...all the while questioning my commitement to DHEA and in comparison, my feeling of being "low" on DHEA has no remarkable difference that being very high on DHEA. To me.
I don't use it any longer.

James

My DHEA experience was interesting in that I felt high E2 symptoms without high E2 labs. I'd suggest starting very low, maybe 12.5 mg and see how you do. I started at 25 mg, then 12.5, then 6.25 and finally felt best once I stopped taking it. I was taking Ultra Micronized DHEA from DHEA.com. Gene must have a robust metabolism...50 mg of DHEA daily would have been a nightmare for me!

Vince

Super Moderator
I'm currently taking 25mg of DHEA morning and 10mg of DHEA evening and I'm feeling good. I using Pure Encapsulations (brand) micronized. I plan on continuing supplementing with this until my next labs.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me