20 yo on TRT. Gyno or just sensitive nipples?

Buy Lab Tests Online

LatMan96

Hey guys, thanks for taking time and stopping by.
I'm 20 yo, 5'11, 174, 11% bf. Since I was 16, I have been obsessed with fitness. I have strength trained consistently 5 days a week or more since then. (more into the aesthetics side of things, hence my weight) around 14, I developed a slight case of gyno. it sucked, but I moved on.

For the past 6 months, I had not felt masculine. Really low libido, feeling soft, and general lack of"alphaness". I tried a lot of things, Vegan diet, DAA, and much more. Alas, I went to the Dr. and had bloods done. My free test came back at 113. Doc was very concerned, and immediately put me on 200mgs of Test Cyp weekly. No A.I. and no HCG (found that interesting). I will be starting my 4th week tomorrow, and noticed a bit more sensitivity in my nipples. Though I don't feel it in the gyno glands, just more so in the areola/nipple. I have heard that TRT also messes with E2, and could just have an effect on my nipples, but may not necessarily ever re-ignite my gyno. (my current gyno is completely stagnant. just tissue) I have a arimistane on hand, and was curious to know if y'all would think that's worth while. Or, should I contact my physician in hopes of prescribing some Arimidex?

P.S. I am seeing an endo very soon to find out what the underlying issue is. I am also aware that I am VERY young to be having to deal with low T and be on TRT.

T3 uptake: 32.7
T4: 4.9
Calculated T7: 1.60
TSH: 1.6

Thank you for your help.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
You absolutely need the ultrasensitive Estradiol test, this test is for men and uses the LC/MS/MS method. No other test for Estradiol should be used. You most certainly are having an Estrogen spike as 200mg once per week is a pretty heavy dose, the upper limit for TRT. You should not use an AI until you have this test but if you feel you must be very very conservative with it, like no more than .25mg twice per week.

LatMan96

Thank you very much, Vince. I appreciate your words. I will definitely bring this up at my next visit. Unfortunately, I do not have any arimidex. just an over the counter AI called arimistane. I will most definitely be conservative with it.

CoastWatcher

While I agree with my friend, Vince Carter, about the need to dose an AI with extreme caution, and to obtain estradiol readings with the appropriate lab test, I am horrified that a doctor would initiate TRT for a 20 year-old with the limited blood work that you shared. I wonder about your medical care.

At a minimum, you need CBC, LH, FSH, SHBG, estradiol (sensitive), PSA, DHT, DHEA, prolactin, t3, t4, rt3, and thyroid antibodies. Do you have those? Will you post the results - with the associated ranges??

What about your medical history, including medication and supplement use?

Discussion will be more focused if you can offer more details.

Last edited:

LatMan96

That's all that was done besides B12, D, and Free Test.

only medication in the past 10 years that has been semi-ish consistent is heartburn medication. I have dabbled with SARM's as well as an andro product. As of recent, I started a cycle of Ostarine around the same day as I was diagnosed with low T. I quit the cycle as of yesterday because I realized how utterly dumb it would be to continue if I was already this paranoid.

CoastWatcher

That's all that was done besides B12, D, and Free Test.

only medication in the past 10 years that has been semi-ish consistent is heartburn medication. I have dabbled with SARM's as well as an andro product. As of recent, I started a cycle of Ostarine around the same day as I was diagnosed with low T. I quit the cycle as of yesterday because I realized how utterly dumb it would be to continue if I was already this paranoid.

All right, I'll be frank. Your doctor is an absolute idiot and a menace to your health. You should NEVER start anyone on a TRT protocol without proper investigation - particularly not a 20 year-old. All sorts of questions have not been answered, in fact, those questions haven't been asked. You and this doctor are dancing on the edge of a cliff.

Questions such as: what is your total testosterone (the single most fundamental value in the workup); what is your SHBG (a key number in helping to design a protocol); LH and FSH (to determine if you are a primary or secondary case - though your cycle use may have rendered those results of questionable worth); sensitive estradiol (how did you develop gyno at age 14 - are you at risk at the present time?); DHT, DHEA, and prolactin (libido is strongly influenced by these factors); PSA (a baseline reading mypust be obtained to monitor for prostate cancer as therapy unfolds); a full thyroid profile (it's not called the master gland for nothing).

You need better medical care. You're been heading down a risky path for some time...please find a doctor who understands male androgen therapy.

LatMan96

You are absolutely right. I was EXTREMELY hesitant to even start the protocol. Unfortunately, I only found out about the incompetence of many general health care physicians after the fact. I will be sure to find MUCH more educated help ASAP. Unfortunately with Christmas coming up, It wont be until the first of the year. I will also be sure to find someone who will have all of these bloods checked. not just testosterone or TSH. I clearly had too much faith.

CoastWatcher

You are absolutely right. I was EXTREMELY hesitant to even start the protocol. Unfortunately, I only found out about the incompetence of many general health care physicians after the fact. I will be sure to find MUCH more educated help ASAP. Unfortunately with Christmas coming up, It wont be until the first of the year. I will also be sure to find someone who will have all of these bloods checked. not just testosterone or TSH. I clearly had too much faith.

You aren't the first man to realize you had consulted a doctor who was totally ignorant. It's a frightening reality. Does your financial situation permit you discretion in who you consult?

madman

Super Moderator
Why would your doctor prescribe you 200mg/week off the hop..............blood levels take time to build/stabilize, you say you started a sarm the same day you were diagnosed with low t...............hope you understand that sarms at a certain dosage will suppress your natural testosterone production, the situation you placed yourself in looks messy, luckily you are in good hands on here, stick around and you will be blessed with a great deal of insight/guidance/concern from many knowledgeable members!

LatMan96

I realize this now. The Dr. Seemed VERY quick to react.. and yes, I am now aware of the SARM situation. Not worth it. Thank you for reassuring me of the direction I'm taking. Just want everything to be squared away and not damage me for a lifetime.

j4ever

20 year old is really young, if it was me I would have exhausted every avenue before starting trt, as a matter of fact if I was in your shoes I would come off, restart and continue to investigate the problem with another doc

LatMan96

I agree, J. I guess my biggest question would be: If i did come off, what kind of side affects would I experience? and would it do me more harm than good?

CoastWatcher

I agree, J. I guess my biggest question would be: If i did come off, what kind of side affects would I experience? and would it do me more harm than good?

Your questions, all of them excellent, require answers from a doctor who knows this area inside and out. So, I ask again, are you able to engage the services of a doctor who doesn't accept insurance, one who practices on a fee-for-service basis?

j4ever

agree with the above, you need to be checked inside and out if get my meaning, also doing research and educating yourself is great but please do not start trying to self medicate, even if you have to pay for help out of pocket it will be well worth it for you to do so, much to young to be thrown on trt with so limited info, just to add some context with my situation, I qualified for trt when I was 45 and still put it off till I was 51.

LatMan96

Your questions, all of them excellent, require answers from a doctor who knows this area inside and out. So, I ask again, are you able to engage the services of a doctor who doesn't accept insurance, one who practices on a fee-for-service basis?

While I have fantastic insurance, I would prefer to stay within that realm. However, if you have knowledge of someone who isn't usually "in network", I would love to look into them as long as the fee isn't outrageous of course.
Money<Fixing myself.
That's really the way I have to look at this.

LatMan96

I couldn't agree more. I've learned more on the forums than in the 2 hour visits I've had with my doctor. Your support and help is beyond appreciated. Thank you so much.

CoastWatcher

While I have fantastic insurance, I would prefer to stay within that realm. However, if you have knowledge of someone who isn't usually "in network", I would love to look into them as long as the fee isn't outrageous of course.
Money<Fixing myself.
That's really the way I have to look at this.

Your "fantastic insurance" is paying for substandard care. In your other thread I suggested questions that a good, experienced doctor, well-versed in TRT management should be able to respond to. I urge you, after the Christmas, to contact Defy Medical, www.defymedical.com, and Prime Body. Both are site sponsors, I am not a patient of either practice but respect what I know of both. Defy is a national, telehealth practice that works. They are totally transparent - explore their site and then call them with any questions. Any questions - particularly financial. Many members here are patients and Dr. Justin Saya, Defy's medical director, is an Excelmale moderator. Prime Body is organized differently, but is highly regarded as well.

Last edited:

Eddard

Sometimes my friends ask me why I don't use my insurance for my TRT care and why I have phone consultations with Defy instead of seeing a local doctor in person. I point them to threads describing experiences like yours.

Vince and CoastWatcher both know their stuff and are giving great advice. Kudos to you for recognizing something isn't right and taking the time to educate yourself here.

LatMan96

Your "fantastic insurance" is paying for substandard care. In your other thread I offered suggested questions that a good, experienced doctor, well-versed in TRT management should be able to respond to. Inure you, after the Christmas, to contact Defy Medical, www.defymedical.com, and Prime Body. Both are site sponsors, I am not a patient of either practice but respect what I know of both. Defy is a national, telehealth practice that works. They are totally transparent - explore their site and then call them with any questions. Any questions - particularly financial. Many members here are patients and Dr. Justin Saya, Defy's medical director, is an Excelmale moderator. Prime Body is organized differently, but is highly regarded as well.
I suppose you're right about the "fantastic insurance". Clearly it isn't benefiting me in anyway...
I will get in contact with Defymedical and Primebody. They both seem very professional and look forward to fixing this mess of a situation. I'm confident they can help me get down to the bottom of this.
Seriously, CoastWatcher. I can't give you enough thanks for the advice and pointing me in the right direction. I'm sure you are beyond irritated with the lack of comprehension from the general practitioners. I am prime example of a bad situation when it comes to this sort of thing. I feel like a guinea pig in a way.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me