How long for TRT to take effect

Buy Lab Tests Online

Lmholmes11

I have been on TRT for about 2 months because of always feeling tired and weak/sometimes disappearing erections. How long does therapy usually correct poor erection quality? (If low T is actually the problem)

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
It can vary from patient to patient ... For me, it was well within the 1st month that my mood, libido, and other areas improved. Some guys report up to six (6) months for improvements.

My best suggestion is to make sure that you factor in other variables like E2, thyroid (complete function, not just TSH), adrenals, diet & supplements, ... Essentially the entire picture. If your thyroid function (for example) is off, no amount of testosterone is going to replace the metabolic benefits of T3 activity, ADP productivity, GABA regulation, etc...

Vince

Super Moderator
I believe your testosterone is too low, believe it or not, I felt the effect immediately. Minutes after I injected, I know for some it takes much longer.

Lmholmes11

Thanks for the replies guys. My last lab said my T level was 500, it was 395(of I remember right) before I started TRT. What kind of supplements do you guys recommend? Are they supplements to improve blood flow?

CoastWatcher

Why don't you post your full labs, with reference ranges, along with details of your protocol? I assure you, there will be an interesting discussion.

I believe your testosterone is too low, believe it or not, I felt the effect immediately. Minutes after I injected, I know for some it takes much longer.

Yeah, that's just not possible. Not trying to be a know it all, but it's not even released from the ester in minutes, maybe hours it'll slightly raise blood levels, but still, androgen receptors are nuclear receptors. They do not elicit an effect in minutes, hours, days, sometimes not even weeks, it may take a month or two to notice anything other than a slight increase in vascularity.

I don't want newbies to think something wrong because they're not feeling anything and decide to inject 2x the amount to feel something.

Last edited:

ERO

You will be one of the lucky ones if TRT actually improves your erection quality. Many if not most of us still need PED5 inhibitors and Nitric Oxide supplements.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Yeah, that's just not possible. Not trying to be a know it all, but it's not even released from the ester in minutes, maybe hours it'll slightly raise blood levels, but still, testosterone receptors are nuclear receptors.

I think Vince is on a Aqueous Suspension protocol!
(LOL, just having fun with it) :)

Vince

Super Moderator
Yeah, that's just not possible. Not trying to be a know it all, but it's not even released from the ester in minutes, maybe hours it'll slightly raise blood levels, but still, androgen receptors are nuclear receptors. They do not elicit an effect in minutes, hours, days, sometimes not even weeks, it may take a month or two to notice anything other than a slight increase in vascularity.

I don't want newbies to think something wrong because they're not feeling anything and decide to inject 2x the amount to feel something.

I know it was insane, I don't know if it was just a psychological effect. I did get flu-like symptoms, for at least a week afterwards. I was expecting nothing when I first injected, but my mind became so clear and my libido so strong. Even though I felt sick, I had to have sex.

I guess I shouldn't post how I felt, I know it doesn't sound possible. The woman I was with at the time left me, in her words "she couldn't handle my libido".

Last edited:

kspat

I guess I was one of the lucky ones. my erector set improved with a few weeks of starting trt. I also started desiccated thyroid to address my thyroid issues at the same time as starting trt. I have a feeling that the testosterone boost was what my body really needed to get me back into fighting shape though. Good luck.

kspat

hey madman, nice pic. Do you have a strict diet that allows you to have abs that show like that? do you do daily core exercises? what kind/how many. I have never had a "6 pack". However, for the fist time since starting trt Im starting to see the sides of my stomach muscles. Ive heard that this can be genetic and that it is mainly is about your diet when trying to get the 6 pack. Thanks. p

I have been on TRT for about 2 months because of always feeling tired and weak/sometimes disappearing erections. How long does therapy usually correct poor erection quality? (If low T is actually the problem)

So many guys like Chris stated in post 2 find that they have any number of problems beyond low T...Thyroid, Adrenals, Liver, SHBG...lot's of things play in here. It's a journey.

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
I have no idea how anyone can feel anything after immediately injecting a testosterone based ester...it's simply a pharmacological impossibility.

Placebo? Yes.

Physiologically? No.

CSI007

I have no idea how anyone can feel anything after immediately injecting a testosterone based ester...it's simply a pharmacological impossibility.

Placebo? Yes.

Physiologically? No.

Perhaps this is the reason some of us metabolize testosterone quicker then others?

I felt libido effects with in days. But it took a few days after my first shot. I honestly feel like it was not a placebo effect. The sensations were far too strong and I had not felt them for years. But the mind certainly is a powerful thing so I guess without actually having a brain scan done along with blood work I guess we will never know.

Last edited:

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Some men feel a burst in Dopamine when they first start up. Remember, testosterone is a neuro-hormone.

Libido is the first thing men feel when this happens and it dissipates in time unfortunately.

Nevertheless, it takes about six weeks on injections for serum concentration levels to even stabilize...and then some change will begin to happen but like anything else nothing is overnight in TRT...takes some time.

Perhaps this is the reason some of us metabolize testosterone quicker then others?

I felt libido effects with in days. But it took a few days after my first shot. I honestly feel like it was not a placebo effect. The sensations were far too strong and I had not felt them for years. But the mind certainly is a powerful thing so I guess without actually having a brain scan done along with blood work I guess we will never know.

That's just not what is being discussed here; days later.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me