Testosterone. Thyroid

Buy Lab Tests Online
Recently stoped taking AI and things have definitely improved. It's been six days. I have not experienced any symptoms of being too high on my E2

I do take armor thyroid and wanted to know if you increased The testosterone in your system does it affect the dose of thyroid medication you are taking. I have been experiencing symptoms of being hyper thyroid and it is really affecting my sleep.

I read somewhere that increasing testosterone decreases thyroid binding protein which may cause you to have to lower your thyroid medication. Anyone have thoughts on this I need to sleep

I appreciate the help.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

HarryCat

Same thing happens to me. I fell like I'm hyperthyroid and have cut back my thyroid dose some, but that doesn't seem to help.

My cortisol is a little low but shows a decent circadian rhythm. I've found that supplementing pregnenolone and cutting down on my testosterone dose has helped some. So maybe cortisol does play into this somehow.

Overall I'm still not sure what is going on.

HanOng

Hi Both

I am on both TRT and T4 (yes, its useless but my doctor insist I only use T4 and not T3); it seems that the two treatments do not affect each other. I have been struggling with sleep for years (more than 5 years) but had only been on TRT for 3 years and T4 for less than 2 months.

No idea if answers Singinhawk's question but just sharing my experience.

Vince

Super Moderator
Nelson wrote this:
I have found no paper on the effect of testosterone replacement on TSH, free T3, free T4, etc

After reading several papers, my opinion is that TRT has no clinically significant effect on thyroid function in men with normal thyroid unless you block aromatization to estradiol.

One study showed that the use of an androgen that does not get converted to estradiol affects the way the thyroid gland responds to thyroid releasing hormone (TRH):

"Fluoxymesterone, an androgen not converted to estrogen, caused a significant decrease in the TSH response to TRH in 11 men with primary hypogonadism [maximum change in TSH: before treatment, 11.3 ° 0.9 juU/ml (mean ° SE); 8.9 ° 1.0 after 2 weeks (P < 0.001); 8.2 ° 1.1 after6 weeks (P < 0.01)]. There was a significant fall in serum T[SUB]i[/SUB]−binding globulin (TBG) (measured directly by RIA) without a change in the free T[SUB]4[/SUB] or free T[SUB]3[/SUB] index.
http://press.endocrine.org/doi/abs/1.../jcem-52-2-173

This study looked at the effect of hCG (which raises T and E2):

After 3 months of hCG treatment, there was a marked rise in serum estradiol as well as testosterone. Serum T4 was reduced without a change in T3, T3 resin uptake, or TBG. Furthermore, there was no alteration in the TSH response to TRH.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/6408116

This study showed the effect of anabolic steroids on thyroid function. However, it does not mention if the were aromatising anabolics or not. My opinion is that estradiol has a normalizing effect on thyroid function. Low E2 may be the cause for these results:

During the use of steroids significant decreases (P < 0.05 to 0.001) in the serum concentrations of thyroid stimulating hormone, thyroxine, triidothyronine, free thyroxine, and thyroid hormone-binding globulin (TBG) were found, whereas the value of triidothyronine uptake increased (P < 0.001). In relation to the changes in the thyroid function param eters measured, we suggest that the primary target of androgen action was TBG biosynthesis.

http://ajs.sagepub.com/content/15/4/357.short
https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...rone-replacement-therapy-cause-hypothyroidism

I use armour for over 20 years always worked for me. I have read in thyroid books that T can affect thyroid hormone.
Inguess it an individual thing may not affect everyone.

Im just waiting to get blood work next week. I will be off AI for 14 days and anxious to see results. I will be using the ultra sensitive test for sure.

Vince

Super Moderator
I use armour for over 20 years always worked for me. I have read in thyroid books that T can affect thyroid hormone.
Inguess it an individual thing may not affect everyone.

Im just waiting to get blood work next week. I will be off AI for 14 days and anxious to see results. I will be using the ultra sensitive test for sure.

I'm also on Armor, and since starting TRT my TSH did increase. I don't know if it had an effect on the rest of my panel.

I'm also on Armor, and since starting TRT my TSH did increase. I don't know if it had an effect on the rest of my panel.

From what I read T decreases thyroid binding protein which frees up the more of the thyroid hormone. This would cause a person to go hyper. That would cause the TSH to decrease.

Estrogen has has the opposite effect it increases that protein requiring someone to go hypo and require an increase in med.

of of course with TRT, and this is my speculation, you get more T but you also may get more E which may balance it out. Crazy stuff.

Thanks for for the reply.

Vince

Super Moderator
From what I read T decreases thyroid binding protein which frees up the more of the thyroid hormone. This would cause a person to go hyper. That would cause the TSH to decrease.

Estrogen has has the opposite effect it increases that protein requiring someone to go hypo and require an increase in med.

of of course with TRT, and this is my speculation, you get more T but you also may get more E which may balance it out. Crazy stuff.

Thanks for for the reply.

My E2 has always been low, when increase my DHEA, I also increase my E2. This is my highest level - 32.
https://www.excelmale.com/forum/showthread.php?8533-My-New-LabCorp-Labs

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching