E2 Mgt

Buy Lab Tests Online

Carlitos

What is the effective range for E2? And where i can find this charts or ranges for further self education

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Welcome to Excelmale.

There's no such thing as a "one size fits all" approach to estradiol management. In the first place, it's a critically important hormone for overall health. Men need it - in fact, there's no misery quite like the misery one can experience if e2 levels are crashed (which happens far too often due to ill-conceived efforts to suppress it in a TRT protocol).

One needs to measure estradiol with the proper lab test. It's no problem to find this if you live in the United States; it is impossible - or next to impossible - to obtain it of you live elsewhere. Tell your doctor, or pull it yourself through www.discountedlabs.com, that you want the "sensitive test" run (liquid chromatography/dual mass spectrometry, LC, MS/MS). Any other test is going to be unreliable when it comes to e2 levels in men.

You and your doctor must then begin the art of mapping your results to your symptoms. The ranges the large commercial labs have established for this test are an excellent guideline, but they are very wide. The notion of "in range" should not be considered "normal." Generally speaking, one does not want to drift much below 20 or exceed the upper limit by very much. But keep in mind that every one of us is different. I feel at my best if my estardiol climbs slightly out of range - stronger libido being what I notice most. It's an art as well as a science. A good doctor realizes this and works with his/her patient as an individual. No chart/cookie cutter approach.

Be cautious with anastrozole, the classic AI that lowers e2. It's a good and frequently necessary drug, but a little goes a long way...a very long way. Recall what I wrote above - a man who tanks his estradiol will feel miserable.

As as for education, there's excellent material here in the Forum that you should begin working through. Are you on a TRT protocol? If so, you'll generate excellent discussion if you post protocol details along with your complete lab work (make sure to include the ranges for each test, please).

We hope you'll join the discussion.

Carlitos

New guy from Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Greetings,

I don't have the report with me at this time however i did take a few pic's of my report....This is what i have.

1. Free T4: 0.95 ng/dl (0.76-1.46) range
2. TSH: 0.707 uiU/ml (0.358-3.74) range
3. ACTH: 24 PG/ML (0-47)
4. IGF-1: 134 ng/ml (52-238) range
5. Cortisol: 7.6 ug/dl (5.3-22.5) range
6. Free Testosterone: 231.3 pg/ml (35.0-155.0)
7. Testosterone, Total (Quest) 1408 ng/dl (250-1100)
8. Estradiol is in pg/ml 57

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I started the Arimidex immediately after my first blood draw result which in August and 1MG EOD was recommended at that time. I spoke with my doctor regarding lowering the dosage, just to see what the draw back were...he recommended .50ml every sunday. Maybe that will bring my test and estradiol numbers below 1100....hopefully i can achieve lower numbers and still feel amazing overall. Also, i'm going to split the Arimidex in halves and take .5 MG M,W,F.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]These, results were from my last BD a 8 weeks ago. I have made some changes to my [/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]prescribe protocol...injecting twice a week (SubQ) with a lower dose 100MG weekly. Sunday is the start of my SubQ injection and on Wednesdays, I will be having another BD to view the results of my changes. I really want to calibrate my particular protocol....patients is a killer !!![/FONT]

Greetings,

I don't have the report with me at this time however i did take a few pic's of my report....This is what i have.

1. Free T4: 0.95 ng/dl (0.76-1.46) range
2. TSH: 0.707 uiU/ml (0.358-3.74) range
3. ACTH: 24 PG/ML (0-47)
4. IGF-1: 134 ng/ml (52-238) range
5. Cortisol: 7.6 ug/dl (5.3-22.5) range
6. Free Testosterone: 231.3 pg/ml (35.0-155.0)
7. Testosterone, Total (Quest) 1408 ng/dl (250-1100)
8. Estradiol is in pg/ml 57

I started the Arimidex immediately after my first blood draw result which in August and 1MG EOD was recommended at that time. I spoke with my doctor regarding lowering the dosage, just to see what the draw back were...he recommended .50ml every sunday. Maybe that will bring my test and estradiol numbers below 1100....hopefully i can achieve lower numbers and still feel amazing overall. Also, i'm going to split the Arimidex in halves and take .5 MG M,W,F.

These, results were from my last BD a 8 weeks ago. I have made some changes to my prescribe protocol...injecting twice a week (SubQ) with a lower dose 100MG weekly. Sunday is the start of my SubQ injection and on Wednesdays, I will be having another BD to view the results of my changes. I really want to calibrate my particular protocol....patients is a killer !!!

Hey welcome to the forum. A lot of guys find it when they're feeling less confident in their doctor's management of TRT.

I have some questions which will help you to receive more detailed advice, which is what I'm sure you want.

1. You said you took pics of the report, can you share them with your personal info taken out? It can provide more details that are otherwise left out.
2. What date was this from?
3. When was this lab taken relative to injection?
4. What is your TRT protocol? What was the protocol prior to this lab test?
5. How did you feel?
6. When did you start on TRT?
7. Is that a sensitive E2 test?

Your cortisol is fairly low, although a blood sample isn't the best, a 24 hour cortisol saliva test is for that.

How old are you?

Arimidex is usually over prescribed, such as 1mg EOD, that would crash almost any mans levels to nothing. Most find .25mg 2x weekly to work well, and depending on what kind of E2 test that is and when it was taken relative to injection, you may not need AI if you get your testosterone levels to something more reasonable.

I wouldn't recommend AI, unless this test was ON AI, and your lower test dose still causes high E2 when measured at day of injection but before injection, you've tried more frequent injections, and you're symptomatic of high E2.

Welcome to Excelmale.

There's no such thing as a "one size fits all" approach to estradiol management. In the first place, it's a critically important hormone for overall health. Men need it - in fact, there's no misery quite like the misery one can experience if e2 levels are crashed (which happens far too often due to ill-conceived efforts to suppress it in a TRT protocol).

One needs to measure estradiol with the proper lab test. It's no problem to find this if you live in the United States; it is impossible - or next to impossible - to obtain it of you live elsewhere. Tell your doctor, or pull it yourself through www.discountedlabs.com, that you want the "sensitive test" run (liquid chromatography/dual mass spectrometry, LC, MS/MS). Any other test is going to be unreliable when it comes to e2 levels in men.

You and your doctor must then begin the art of mapping your results to your symptoms. The ranges the large commercial labs have established for this test are an excellent guideline, but they are very wide. The notion of "in range" should not be considered "normal." Generally speaking, one does not want to drift much below 20 or exceed the upper limit by very much. But keep in mind that every one of us is different. I feel at my best if my estardiol climbs slightly out of range - stronger libido being what I notice most. It's an art as well as a science. A good doctor realizes this and works with his/her patient as an individual. No chart/cookie cutter approach.

Be cautious with anastrozole, the classic AI that lowers e2. It's a good and frequently necessary drug, but a little goes a long way...a very long way. Recall what I wrote above - a man who tanks his estradiol will feel miserable.

As as for education, there's excellent material here in the Forum that you should begin working through. Are you on a TRT protocol? If so, you'll generate excellent discussion if you post protocol details along with your complete lab work (make sure to include the ranges for each

im A perfect example. My doc used the regular extrodiol test put me on .5 mg of AI. Every other day, got me down to 17-19. Never felt the benefits of T I do pellets. After talking to people here on this site I got off and started feeling the beneies.
Off 6 days and want to know if there is any references to when I will get to a baseline level? I go for new labs next week will be off the AI foe two weeks and you can bet I will have the doc do the ultra sensitive. He is a new doc for me so maybe he does.

The only thing I'm getting from being off there's no nipple sensitivity no water retention just having a horrible time sleeping the last three night.

Could thst hat be a side effect of dumping AI?

thank you

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching