Midnight salivary cortisol high

Buy Lab Tests Online

SomeG

Hello

I have been working with an endocrinologist with some thryoid and cortisol problems over the past year and a half, and although my thyroid problems are being addressed well, it is a mystery (other than pure stress) why I have such high cortisol

For example, this is two nights of my most recent midnight salivary cortisol results

Test Result Reference Range/Units
---- ------ ---------------------
CORTISOL, LC/MS/MS,SALIVA 1.01 mcg/dL

Test Result Reference Range/Units---- ------ ---------------------
CORTISOL, LC/MS/MS,SALIVA 5.97 mcg/dL

Reference ranges
8-10 AM: 0.04-0.56 mcg/dL
noon-2 PM: < OR = 0.21 mcg/dL
4-6 PM: < OR = 0.15 mcg/dL
10 PM-1 AM: < OR = 0.09 mcg/dL

All of my Urine and blood tests show normal levels of cortisol and I was told that my overnight dexamethasone suppression test was normal.

Essentially, other than reducing stress, what the heck can I do?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ERO

I have had that exact situation in the past when I was under a ton of stress. What I found that helped was taking 25 to 50 mg of DHEA right before bed (assuming you go to bed around 10:00PM) as DHEA opposes Cortisol. Also, experiment with taking 25 mg with dinner and then 25mg right before bed.

Additionally there uses to be a great product called Seriphos that was a HUGE help. I used that for 3 years and it worked fantastically, but now the company had reformulated it and it is total sh*t. Just look at the recent reviews on Amazon...everybody hates it now that it has been reformulated.

ERO

Have you been checked for food sensitivities or allergies?

Yes, and I have none. For me it was just stress manifesting as a nighttime cortisol spike and now that I have less stress and take my DHEA before bed, I am sleeping a LOT better. I hardly ever wake at 2-3am anymore and if I do its just for a couple minutes while I roll over and then and I go right back to sleep.

munch520

Have they determined a cause for thyroid issues (hashimotos, etc)? Sometimes thyroid issues and medicines can mess with cortisol.

Holy basil at night helps lower cortisol

ETA: just realized this thread is old AF

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com