Fish Oil and Hematocrit ?

Buy Lab Tests Online
I read something here a few days ago where a guy posted in passing during a reply that Dr. Crissler was concerned about hematocrit being being high so he asked the guy to double up on fish oil.

Anybody got any info on this? Might be a good protocol to follow if it's valid.

Thanks.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Fish oil (EPA-DHA) will lower your platelets, also aspirin will. I use high dose fish oil (EPA-DHA) my platelets are 122 range 150-379.

E

endopa-c

Omega-3 fatty acids in fish oils diminish platelet aggregation via several mechanisms. They competitively inhibit the enzyme cyclooxygenase and subsequently diminish thromboxane A2 production from arachidonic acid in platelet membranes, as well as reducing synthesis of platelet-activating factors--- in other words- fish oil reduces the "stickiness" of the platelets thereby keeping the blood thinner which is why it's prescribed for polycythemia. 3-4 grams per day is the recommended dose for polycythemia and for lipid management.

Fish oil (EPA-DHA) will lower your platelets, also aspirin will. I use high dose fish oil (EPA-DHA) my platelets are 122 range 150-379.

Thanks Vince. How much fish oil do you take?

And, maybe noob question, but what's the relationship between platelets and hematocrit?

Im not getting that either...I have low(er) platelets, less than 50% of lab range yet my HCT/HGB is rather high, enough to need to donate.

CSI007

I would love to take a pro-active approach to high HCT, however I tend to already have low platelets or at least on the low end of the scale dipping into the low range from time to time. I would be afraid that fish oil would drive that down into dangerous levels.

captain

I have used the prescription fish oil. I used otc for a long time and it helped aches and pain. The otc works better for it than the prescription fish oil. What ever process they use making the prescription Fish oil must take out whatever helps me. The prescription fish oil is for lowering cholesterol but did nothing for it. Taking 4g of fish oil also can increase your glucose about 10 points. I use krill oil and astaxanthin now. I get as good of results from 2 small pills as I did with 4 fish oil. The astaxanthin is said to lower DHT so if that is a concern you should avoid it.

Last edited:

Pranayama

I take 4 grams of fish oil per day. My hematocrit, HGB, RBC still goes up on TRT. It helps keep the blood viscous. Nurse Damaris told me aspirin helps to lower Hematocrit? Does anyone know about this?

Fish oil will not lower the hematocrit measurement itself, but it does help reduce the viscosity of the blood...which is one of the concerns with higher hematocrit.

tjlab

I use Costco enteric coated fish oil. I take 4 caps and they have lowered my triglycerides by 40 percent and are very affordable.

Vince

Super Moderator
I use Costco enteric coated fish oil. I take 4 caps and they have lowered my triglycerides by 40 percent and are very affordable.
There are no local Costco's by me, others have told me there's supplements are very good.

captain

I read that you should never buy fish oil that is packaged in clear bottles. Costco fish oil is in clear bottles. It has something to do with light causing oxidation. I have used Costco fish oil and never had a problem with it.

If I can avoid some of this thick blood feeling I have I'd be open to that, fish oil and aspirin. I just got back from donating and they read my HGB @ 19.3...in the general kinda sorta HCT of multiplying that times three....HCT was 57.9...ugh

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me