Dr Crisler Now Says No Blood Donation is Needed When Hematocrit is High

Buy Lab Tests Online

zLeeKo

Ok,I read Dr Crisler's post on facebook yesterday, that says:

"I wish you had all seen the incredible 90 minute lecture my old pal Dr Neal Rouzier just gave at AMMG. There is absolutely no reason to perform therapeutic phlebotomies in men on TRT whose H/H rises above 18/55, as long as platelets have not risen too high. Based upon irrefutable evidence-based medicine, I am changing my practices."

While I dislike Rouzier, I highly respect Dr Crisler. But it seems he went full potato with this.

Listen to the podcast here:
http://www.trtrevolution.com/new-data-men-dont-need-phlebotomy-with-dr-john-crisler/

Last edited by a moderator:
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

zLeeKo

The objection Rouzier has to phlebotomies isn't a new one; he's held that position for some time. I wonder what now convices Dr. Crisler of the truth of the position? As an aside, Rouzier does not monior estradiol, either. So, absent more information, I'm not changing my mind. An older thread on point.
https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...it-and-Estradiol-Management&highlight=rouzier

Yeah, Rouzier stances always seemed like a non-sense to me. And now Crisler supports him.

I think we definitely need more data before accepting such silly conclusions .

I know atleast subjectively that when I've been 55/56 that I can feel that and that I feel better after donating. I can't say its the lowering of HCT or anything else but in reveiwing my platelet counts in the past, I'm under 160/170 in the 400,000 lab range.

I know atleast subjectively that when I've been 55/56 that I can feel that and that I feel better after donating. I can't say its the lowering of HCT or anything else but in reveiwing my platelet counts in the past, I'm under 160/170 in the 400,000 lab range.

Curious as to what you feel before you donate blood? What symptoms do you experience?

I've long disagreed with Rouzier's stance on estradiol and also this stance on increases in hematocrit.

You wouldn't see me walking around for too long with a HCT > 52-53.

Will Brink

I've long disagreed with Rouzier's stance on estradiol and also this stance on increases in hematocrit.

You wouldn't see me walking around for too long with a HCT > 52-53.

The Q is a simple one for me, what evidence is he basing the position on? A total reliance on data while ignoring clinical experience and evidence is bad, but a total reliance on clinical experience is really no better. A total reliance on clinical experience often translates into "because I said so" and that's just bad science and poor medicine.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me