Does TRT effect Cholesterol in any negative/positive way?

Buy Lab Tests Online

billyjr

Just had recent bloodwork done and some numbers jumped out at me in regards to my Cholesterol panel. I just tried a clomid re-start with Dr. Saya and it didnt work, so im going back on TRT with Test Cyp & HCG. Im relatively young (31) and I was wondering if the TRT could negatively impact the below numbers.

Total Cholesterol = 175
Triglycerides = 86
HDL = 30 (low)
LDL = 128 (high)
LDL/HDL Ratio = 4.3 (high)
VLDL Cholesterol Cal = 17

LDL-P = 1419 (high)
LDL-C = 135 (high)
HDL-C = 29 (low)
HPL-P (total) = 21.7 (low)
Small LDL-p = 663 (high)

LP-IR Score = 47 (high)

Test = 868
Free T = 41.3 (high)

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
Just had recent bloodwork done and some numbers jumped out at me in regards to my Cholesterol panel. I just tried a clomid re-start with Dr. Saya and it didnt work, so im going back on TRT with Test Cyp & HCG. Im relatively young (31) and I was wondering if the TRT could negatively impact the below numbers.

Total Cholesterol = 175
Triglycerides = 86
HDL = 30 (low)
LDL = 128 (high)

LDL-P = 1419 (high)
LDL-C = 135 (high)
HDL-C = 29 (low)
Small LDL-p = 663 (high)

LP-IR Score = 47 (high)

Test = 868
Free T = 41.3 (high)

Always post screenshots of labs, they're hard to understand without all the data contained in the lab sheet.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8678922

http://tau.amegroups.com/article/view/4604/5487

Test seems to have either a neutral or positive effect on lipids.

billyjr

See attached

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-11-28 at 11.02.01 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-11-28 at 11.02.01 PM.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 773
  • Screen Shot 2016-11-28 at 11.01.37 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-11-28 at 11.01.37 PM.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 825

ERO

Everything I have read indicates that Test in physiological doses is either helpful or at worse neutral on cholesterol, but at larger doses it can have a negative effect.

Virginian

Your blood lipid profile stinks. You are headed for big trouble in a decade or two. See a doctor to get treatment. You may need statins or niacin.

billyjr

Yes I am aware. I have an appt with a cardiologist and my general care to see what I can do. I believe it's due to my terrible diet and lack of exercise.

tjlab

When I was on 200mg of test weekly my lipids got about 10-15 percent worse. Now that I have changed my dose to a replacement dose, they are much better. I'm 36 and just started running 3x a week again and weights 4x a week. Cleaning up my diet too. I take 4.8 grams of fish oil daily and that knocked my triglycerides down over 100 pts.

Total Cholesterol = 175
Triglycerides = 86
HDL = 30 (low)
LDL = 128 (high)

LDL-P = 1419 (high)
LDL-C = 135 (high)
HDL-C = 29 (low)
Small LDL-p = 663 (high)

LP-IR Score = 47 (high)

Test = 868
Free T = 41.3 (high)

When I was on 200mg of test weekly my lipids got about 10-15 percent worse. Now that I have changed my dose to a replacement dose, they are much better. I'm 36 and just started running 3x a week again and weights 4x a week. Cleaning up my diet too. I take 4.8 grams of fish oil daily and that knocked my triglycerides down over 100 pts.

Well too high of a dose will impact your lipids, but you also made a lot of positive changes, which is good.

billyjr

I want to change my diet, it is very bad. I am 5'10 160 pounds soaking wet, I've always just gotten by due to my crazy metabolism. Any ideas or thoughts on a type of diet that might work? Or foods to take/avoid?

I just started taking the Extra Strength Omega Fish Oil from Defy, so hopefully that will kick in and help as well

tjlab

I would take around 4-5 grams of fish oil daily. Try and eat complex carbs throughout the day...whole grain brown rice, whole grain pasta, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, fruits, vegetables...stuff like that. Try lower fat like 93/7 percent meats. Eat a few eggs a day and several egg whites. If that doesn't help, you need cardio a minimum of 3x weekly for 30 minutes each time... hitting weights helps too. If that doesn't work, talk to Vince as he does low carb and that will work. Bad side...u will lose weight.

billyjr

I would take around 4-5 grams of fish oil daily. Try and eat complex carbs throughout the day...whole grain brown rice, whole grain pasta, oatmeal, sweet potatoes, fruits, vegetables...stuff like that. Try lower fat like 93/7 percent meats. Eat a few eggs a day and several egg whites. If that doesn't help, you need cardio a minimum of 3x weekly for 30 minutes each time... hitting weights helps too. If that doesn't work, talk to Vince as he does low carb and that will work. Bad side...u will lose weight.

What about snacks, i find that is what kills me, when im sitting at work behind a computer and have nothing available to me other than the vending machine candy and chips.

I was thinking almonds/nuts would be the way to go, any other ideas?

Would protein supplements (like a shake) be bad for this type of diet. I want to workout and still build muscle, but obviously I want my lipid profile to be much better and healthier.

Vince

Super Moderator
Yes I am aware. I have an appt with a cardiologist and my general care to see what I can do. I believe it's due to my terrible diet and lack of exercise.

Most cardiologist are good at procedures and know nothing about preventive medicine. Have you considered a lipidologist.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
TRT lipids.jpg

Reference:
Jones TH, Saad F. The effects of testosterone on risk factors for, and the mediators of, the atherosclerotic process. Atherosclerosis. 2009;207(2):318–327.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me