Cabergoline or Not?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Status
Not open for further replies.
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

trt4me

One issue is that even if it's at a treatable level and you start to drop it , you must watch it because it might continue to go down af. Get too low.

Leesto

Leesto

You may want to try Trimix. I know many men are scared of it, but you have tried first and second line treatments already.

I'm not needle shy at all so that's not a concern. Besides, it's just a tiny insulin needle anyway. I use a 22 gauge for weekly T injections and if using a needle like that was the only way to get an erection I'd do it! :cool: Fortunately that's not necessary.

Talked with my doc about trimix and he mentioned he will attempt to set something up with a local clinic since he is clear across the country and wants the first time to be done under supervision.

Leesto

Leesto

You may want to try Trimix. I know many men are scared of it, but you have tried first and second line treatments already.

Got the doc to prescribe trimix and he had it shipped directly from the pharmacy (Hallandale). Got it today but I don't really know what I've got as far as the ingredients and the mixture. Can anyone make sense of the info in the photo below? Note I took photos of the vial and seamed them together so they look a bit messy but I think you can see the information. It says CMP Trimix 40/30/2 (40MCG/30MG/2MG/ML). but it does not indicate the actual ingredients. He said start at 0.1ML (10 units) and then titrate in 0.05 ML increments. .

trimix-vial.png

Got the doc to prescribe trimix and he had it shipped directly from the pharmacy (Hallandale). Got it today but I don't really know what I've got as far as the ingredients and the mixture. Can anyone make sense of the info in the photo below? Note I took photos of the vial and seamed them together so they look a bit messy but I think you can see the information. It says CMP Trimix 40/30/2 (40MCG/30MG/2MG/ML). but it does not indicate the actual ingredients. He said start at 0.1ML (10 units) and then titrate in 0.05 ML increments. .

View attachment 2875

That's a strong mixture. I'd start at 0.05ml (5 units) and titrate in 2-3 unit increments.

Better safe than sorry when it comes to priapism!

Virginian

It says CMP Trimix 40/30/2 (40MCG/30MG/2MG/ML). but it does not indicate the actual ingredients. He said start at 0.1ML (10 units) and then titrate in 0.05 ML increments. .

The order of the components seems unconventional. But using that order the standard trimix combination would be 10mcg/30mg/1mg. Yours is stronger than normal.

Let us know how it worked. The suggested first dosage might have sent me to the emergency room. But I don't need as much as some people.

Leesto

That's a strong mixture. I'd start at 0.05ml (5 units) and titrate in 2-3 unit increments.

Better safe than sorry when it comes to priapism!

Dr. Saba I owe you a HUGE thank you. I tried 5 units this morning and had a full result within 7 minutes without any stimulation. It lasted over an hour and I'm sure would have gone on longer had I not ended it with a climax and cold shower.

Had I used the full 10 units recommended by my doc I might be considering a trip to the emergency room by now. So you have my gratitude and my thanks for your expert guidance.

Leesto

The order of the components seems unconventional. But using that order the standard trimix combination would be 10mcg/30mg/1mg. Yours is stronger than normal.

Let us know how it worked. The suggested first dosage might have sent me to the emergency room. But I don't need as much as some people.

Thanks Virginian. 5 units worked like a charm and I think you're right - I might be in the emergency room right now if I used that suggested first dose! I'm glad I posted here and got good advice. Close call.

Anyway, at this low dose that 5ML vial I have could potentially last for 100 injections - assuming the mix will stay potent for that long. What a deal.

Leesto

Leesto

Thank you Nelson for your advice. I got on the trimix and it worked like a charm. Thanks again for your advice.

Dr. Saba I owe you a HUGE thank you. I tried 5 units this morning and had a full result within 7 minutes without any stimulation. It lasted over an hour and I'm sure would have gone on longer had I not ended it with a climax and cold shower.

Had I used the full 10 units recommended by my doc I might be considering a trip to the emergency room by now. So you have my gratitude and my thanks for your expert guidance.

The ER is certainly not a fun place to spend part of your weekend...glad the advice helped you!

Virginian

Anyway, at this low dose that 5ML vial I have could potentially last for 100 injections - assuming the mix will stay potent for that long. What a deal.

My pharmacy recommends storing trimix in the freezer. I do that and just preload 6 to 8 pins at a time and refrigerate those. I have kept vials for over a year with no apparent loss in potency.

Leesto

I don't *often* treat prolactin <13-14 with cabergoline unless it is used as a short (8 weeks) therapeutic TRIAL for symptom relief once other stones have been turned over. More commonly used for prolactin >14 without other exacerbating factors present. Starting with lower dose cabergoline (0.125mg BIW or 0.25mg once weekly) would be advised (vs 0.25mg BIW) for lower prolactin levels (i.e. not above 15).

Just a followup. My prolactin level was 12.1 on December 6th. I started taking 0.25 mg cabergoline BIW. Did not notice much change in libido or orgasm intensity. New labs as of January 31 show prolactin at 1.3! I guess the Cabergoline really knocked it down. I am going to discontinue it.

cab.jpg

Weasel

Just a followup. My prolactin level was 12.1 on December 6th. I started taking 0.25 mg cabergoline BIW. Did not notice much change in libido or orgasm intensity. New labs as of January 31 show prolactin at 1.3! I guess the Cabergoline really knocked it down. I am going to discontinue it.

View attachment 3163

I've saw simlilar results using the same dosage. Please make a follow up post with how you are feeling after you discontinue use.

Gianluca Bonetti

Vince do you remember the name of the video?

Prolactin is a tough one. Besides the lab ranges no one really knows or says that X is too low or Y is too high. Best thing that I've seen is Saya/Crisler/ et al., had a video on youtube covering this area in a wide ranging conversation. Crisler stated that he follows Shippen in treating with Dostinex (Caber) with Prolactin @ 5. Saya later stated in the same video 6 or 7. Both stated .25mg 2XW for treatment.
That's really the only time Ive read concrete numbers from authorities. I can tell you ive tested @ 4 and 5 twice and we successfully raised my Prolactin to 11 and it' didn't make any difference to my ED. I then tried Caber .25mg 2XW to go the other way with Prolactin and I don't think I had success with that either.

To add to this thread, prolactin is not *usually* an issue unless consistently 20 or above without a contributing factor such as non-fasting, ejaculation, meds. With that said, for a patient with significant libido and/or ED issues where other factors appear to be dialed in (T, E, DHT), it would make sense to see how they feel getting the prolactin down to single digits.

Gianluca Bonetti

I'm very curios Doc to see how I feel after starting Cabergoline twice a week, I've read people improving sex drive and resolving that foggy mind as well, so it may be a great thing for me, probably just another piece of the puzzle

Vvs1

I don't *often* treat prolactin <13-14 with cabergoline unless it is used as a short (8 weeks) therapeutic TRIAL for symptom relief once other stones have been turned over. More commonly used for prolactin >14 without other exacerbating factors present. Starting with lower dose cabergoline (0.125mg BIW or 0.25mg once weekly) would be advised (vs 0.25mg BIW) for lower prolactin levels (i.e. not above 15).

This is what bothers me about Defy... you have to find out what they’re willing to prescribe, by reading dozens of threads and then remember to ask for it at your next consultation.

I’ll just keep beating my head against the wall with the same generic protocol that usually never works for anyone in the forum.

I’ll also keep losing money from ill timed medication cutoffs, duplicated orders, medication orders that get lost, no alcohol wipes provided, etc

Vince

Super Moderator
This is what bothers me about Defy... you have to find out what they’re willing to prescribe, by reading dozens of threads and then remember to ask for it at your next consultation.

I’ll just keep beating my head against the wall with the same generic protocol that usually never works for anyone in the forum.

I’ll also keep losing money from ill timed medication cutoffs, duplicated orders, medication orders that get lost, no alcohol wipes provided, etc
Get it together brother. I ordered my syringes through easytouch online and also get my alcohol wipes from my local store. I make suggestions on my protocol, and always write down notes before my consultations. We are all different and we all use different protocols. I think it's my responsibility to find out what works for me. Just like I do with my GP, I know my body better than my doctor does. I have to work with my doctors, not make them do all the work for me. I've always had great experiences with defy Medical and all my other doctors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale