pre-diagnosis blood test results; elevated PSA

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

BryanW

First went to a PCP due to ED (instances of failure to achieve, and also failure to maintain). Also mentioned chronic fatigue and horrible sleep.

First Results

PCP said all was good since TT was in normal range. Started process with Defy.

New Results

How concerned should I be with elevated PSA? Any other things stand out?

BryanW

Some more details:
39 y.o., 6'1" 215#
lift 3-4 times per week, powerlifting like program, no problem putting on muscle or making gains
ED and starting to lose libido
chronically fatigued
starting to lose motivation (work around the house, lifting, etc.)
irritable/moody

CoastWatcher

First went to a PCP due to ED (instances of failure to achieve, and also failure to maintain). Also mentioned chronic fatigue and horrible sleep.

First Results

PCP said all was good since TT was in normal range. Started process with Defy.

New Results

How concerned should I be with elevated PSA? Any other things stand out?

It is a high PSA value and needs full discussion when you speak to Dr. Saya. When is that scheduled? Is this your first PSA test, do you have a prior test to see if the elevation is recent or longstanding?

BryanW - call my office and have them put in an order for a repeat test, but this time: PSA with % free. No ejaculation and no exercise that puts pressure on perineal area (cycling, heavy squatting, rowing machine, etc) for 48hrs prior to repeat test.

BryanW

Thank you Dr. Saya, will do. I do heavy squats and deadlifts weekly, and have sex about twice a week. I really, really, really hope my PSA is just related to those things.

Vince

Super Moderator
Your PSA is really high, hopefully it's nothing to be concerned about. You have a good doctor (Dr. Saya).

BryanW

Your PSA is really high, hopefully it's nothing to be concerned about. You have a good doctor (Dr. Saya).

I'm hoping it is just BPH or inflammation due to my lifestyle: unfortunately I recall multiple instances where I didn't completely void urine prior to deadlifting and most likely caused urine to backflow through the system. I felt a burning sensation for 1-2 days afterwards in the vicinity of my bladder. At first I thought it was a hernia until I figured it out.

BryanW

Follow up: PSA is still high and free PSA is not great either. Additionally, I talked to my dad over Thanksgiving and he had prostate removed due to cancer.

I have a urologist appointment scheduled in late January. I will call/email Defy to see if my initial consult later this month should be postponed.

Follow up: PSA is still high and free PSA is not great either. Additionally, I talked to my dad over Thanksgiving and he had prostate removed due to cancer.

I have a urologist appointment scheduled in late January. I will call/email Defy to see if my initial consult later this month should be postponed.

Sorry to hear that. I do hope it's just BPH or some other non serious condition. I assume you did the test how Dr saya said?

Took the test on a Monday after a no workout weekend. The ejaculation fast wasn't quite 48 hours because reasons ☺, but it was close to 36 hours.

Haha "reasons". Well, I'd just make sure that Dr saya knows this, and it may be worth finding out if you should test again after a true "fast" in search of the most accurate results.

BryanW

So I finally saw a urologist, and he said my prostate is small and smooth. Obviously he couldn't check the anterior lobe, but this is some good news.

He is still concerned given my family history and poor free and total PSA, so he prescribed 3 weeks of antibiotics and then a follow-up PSA 2 weeks after that. If PSA still poor, a biopsy would be ordered.

CoastWatcher

So I finally saw a urologist, and he said my prostate is small and smooth. Obviously he couldn't check the anterior lobe, but this is some good news.

He is still concerned given my family history and poor free and total PSA, so he prescribed 3 weeks of antibiotics and then a follow-up PSA 2 weeks after that. If PSA still poor, a biopsy would be ordered.
I'm sure this brought some measure of relief. Please let us know how this unfolds.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me