Starting over?

Buy Lab Tests Online
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am seeing an endo to decide if I should switch to him for my TRT. I have been less than satisfied with my PCP's treatment protocols. I just started TRT again back in May and my endo wants me to stop for two weeks, then baseline test again off meds before he discusses how he would treat me. Is this typical?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
I am seeing an endo to decide if I should switch to him for my TRT. I have been less than satisfied with my PCP's treatment protocols. I just started TRT again back in May and my endo wants me to stop for two weeks, then baseline test again off meds before he discusses how he would treat me. Is this typical?
Hi John
when I switched from my PCP to and Endo doc I had to go off my treatment for a few months. My PCP didnt do some baseline test that the Endo wanted to see so I had to basically start all over again. After the test came back he wanted me to go on the gel even though I didnt like the gel. I was using the gel before and was up to 4 pumps and what a damn mess to put on. I did that for a month, no results from it like before, so he moved me to shots like I wanted to in the first place. The Endo set me up with once a week self injections which gave me ups and downs, so I talked him into twice a week and smaller needles. :) I really didnt like the 22g x 1.5" needle going into my quads. Now its a 25g x 5/8" and much nicer. Seems like Endo's dont like to take off from where someone else left off. ;)

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Welcome to the forum John! Glade to have ya on board:)

You need to talk to this endo BEFORE you make any changes and find out if he is fully trained in hormone replacement therapies for men?

You would be shocked how many endo's don't have a clue when it comes to HRT in men.

Over the years I've seen many disappointed men who have been treated incorrectly by enod's who are not trained correctly.

You need to ask these questions frankly and honestly and tell this endo to be honest with you.

Find out if he/she works with blood work in the "optimal" levels not lab reference ranges.

Find out if he/she prescribes HCG to keep testes alive or an AI for E2 management...this will tell you right quick.

Keep us posted in this thread how things work out for you John.

Yeah Gene, the reasons you cite as red flags are why I am trying to find an alternative to my PCP. You are correct however that I have not had this conversation with my endo yet. He diagnosed and found my parathyroid tumor (appt with surgeon on Fri) so I like him and have some confidence in him but we had put off getting into the TRT conversation until the parathyroid issue was fixed. I contacted his office to ask that he order blood work prior to my appt so I would not have to waste another month with him just ordering labs on the first TRT consult. Anyway, that's where I am, I am going to go back on the Fortesta the day after the two week break and the blood draw if I crash, which I fear is going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale