Wrong Estradiol assay. How big of a deal?

Buy Lab Tests Online

BryanW

Hello - new guy here. Currently going through new patient on-boarding activities for Defy Medical. I had a physical performed by a PA, and I had him enter the blood test Rx from Defy. When I got to the lab, I noticed that the regular Estradiol test was listed. Apparently the PA entered it as such. I asked the lab techs to change it to the sensitive version but they looked at me like I was speaking Greek. Later that day, I called the main lab and again asked that they submit the sample to Labcorp as the sensitive assay.

Blood tests are now coming in and I see that the regular Estradiol test was used :(.

How much of a problem will this be in evaluating my situation?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

BryanW

Thanks. I just sent an email to Chelsea, she has been pretty responsive to questions.

Also, my results are low 7.2 pg/mL (7.6-42.6). From my brief reading on this topic, it seems the biggest problem with the regular E2 test is over-estimating estradiol.

CoastWatcher

Thanks. I just sent an email to Chelsea, she has been pretty responsive to questions.

Also, my results are low 7.2 pg/mL (7.6-42.6). From my brief reading on this topic, it seems the biggest problem with the regular E2 test is over-estimating estradiol.

That is true. There are members here who've seen just the opposite, but it is rare. The bottom line is that it just isn't reliable.

Post the rest of the results if you want feedback from members here.

That is very low, chances are you're lower than that, but it does underestimate sometimes.

Do you have low E2 symptoms? http://dosagemayvary.com/high-estrogen-vs-low-estrogen-symptoms-for-men/

BryanW

I will post results when they all come in. E2 was one of the first results reported.

I do have symptoms: ED (both difficulty achieving and losing it during sex). Also chronic fatigue and lack of motivation. I have joint clicks and pops, but I can live with that.

I will post results when they all come in. E2 was one of the first results reported.

I do have symptoms: ED (both difficulty achieving and losing it during sex). Also chronic fatigue and lack of motivation. I have joint clicks and pops, but I can live with that.

That's usually a low E2 symptom

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching