Trt with hmg/hcg to regain fertility

Buy Lab Tests Online

Billwatts

I was wondering if anyone has had experience using or may know if adding hcg and hmg to trt will help regain fertility?

I was on TRT for 3 years and came off because my sperm count was 0 and my wife and I are trying to conceive our first child.

I have been off trt for 4 months and have been doing 1500 hcg weekly and 50mg of clomid ED. I have been feeling awful off of TRT and I am debating on restarting but adding hmg and dropping the clomid.

34 yr old male
Wife is 28

Please add your thoughts on this adjustment?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
You are pretty young a restart would be nice, if it doesn't work. You should keep using T and inject 500iu of HCG every other day to regain fertility.

Last edited:

CoastWatcher

Welcome to Excelmale. Am I correct in thinking that while on TRT you were not using HCG and your treating doctor said nothing to you about the loss of fertility? What has been explained to you about HCG and testicular viability if the former is added to a TRT protocol?

All the questions are a way for us to understand where you are, and what you know, about this process. It is a standard practice for HCG to be a part of an androgen protocol. It should be a part of every protocol. Any doctor who doesn't know that isn't treating you well. Many of our members have managed to father children while using testosterone and HCG. It can be done. Should this version of a restart protocol that you are currently engaged in prove disappointing, you should know not to use testosterone and Clomid simultaneously as they work against one another.

Billwatts

Welcome to Excelmale. Am I correct in thinking that while on TRT you were not using HCG and your treating doctor said nothing to you about the loss of fertility? What has been explained to you about HCG and testicular viability if the former is added to a TRT protocol?

All the questions are a way for us to understand where you are, and what you know, about this process. It is a standard practice for HCG to be a part of an androgen protocol. It should be a part of every protocol. Any doctor who doesn't know that isn't treating you well. Many of our members have managed to father children while using testosterone and HCG. It can be done. Should this version of a restart protocol that you are currently engaged in prove disappointing, you should know not to use testosterone and Clomid simultaneously as they work against one another.

Thanks so much for your response!

My doctor was under the impression that our low dosed trt would not affect fertility, I was nieve and didn't ask many questions. After lurking on this board I have learned that I have been doing many things incorrectly.

I did not use hcg while on trt, my doctor had said hcg on trt would only be for a cosmetic effect that's all.

Those members that have fathered children on trt, did they start the hcg when they started trt?

Do you think it's best to just stay the course and add hmg without trt or is it possible to regain fertility while on trt hcg and hmg?

FYI my dr did not know much about hmg, I think I may switch to a new dr after the next sperm analysis...

Billwatts

You are pretty young a restart would be nice, if it doesn't work. You should keep using T and inject 500iu of HCG very other day to regain fertility.

Thanks for the response. If the restart does not work, would would I have better odds with hcg/hmg and trt rather then hcg and clomid?

CoastWatcher

Thanks so much for your response!

My doctor was under the impression that our low dosed trt would not affect fertility, I was nieve and didn't ask many questions. After lurking on this board I have learned that I have been doing many things incorrectly.

I did not use hcg while on trt, my doctor had said hcg on trt would only be for a cosmetic effect that's all.

Those members that have fathered children on trt, did they start the hcg when they started trt?

Do you think it's best to just stay the course and add hmg without trt or is it possible to regain fertility while on trt hcg and hmg?

FYI my dr did not know much about hmg, I think I may switch to a new dr after the next sperm analysis...

To put it politely, your doctor is "uninformed." As you discovered, exogenous testosterone will always shut down your body's own production. If I was impolite, I'd call him a "fool." I would be hesitant to draw specific conclusions based on what others did/did not accomplish. You should realize, though, that it is possible.

An an informed doctor, someone who understands contemporary, best practices when it comes to androgen therapy is essential if you wish to feel your best.

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...rns-or-do-they-really-exist&highlight=Unicorn

This thread, initiated by Dr. Justin Saya, offers a lot of background on Clomid. You should take some time reading the material in the site (if you haven't already).

Billwatts

To put it politely, your doctor is "uninformed." As you discovered, exogenous testosterone will always shut down your body's own production. If I was impolite, I'd call him a "fool." I would be hesitant to draw specific conclusions based on what others did/did not accomplish. You should realize, though, that it is possible.

An an informed doctor, someone who understands contemporary, best practices when it comes to androgen therapy is essential if you wish to feel your best.

https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...rns-or-do-they-really-exist&highlight=Unicorn

This thread, initiated by Dr. Justin Saya, offers a lot of background on Clomid. You should take some time reading the material in the site (if you haven't already).

I appreciate the link on clomid, I will read this now. I guess I cannot blame my dr as I should have researched instead of trusting. I would say I don't remember feeling this awful before I started trt, I don't think I would have ever started trt if I knew of infertility and this tired, depressed post trt feeling.

Would trt+hcg+hmg have a greater chance of increasing sperm count in comparison to just trt+hcg? I will drop the clomid if I decide to start the trt again.

Vince

Super Moderator
Thanks for the response. If the restart does not work, would would I have better odds with hcg/hmg and trt rather then hcg and clomid?

If the restart doesn't work, stop the clomid. Restore sperm production with the HCG every other day, restore Testosterone levels with T injections, and have your sperm tested.

Billwatts

If the restart doesn't work, stop the clomid. Restore sperm production with the HCG every other day, restore Testosterone levels with T injections, and have your sperm tested.
would you restore sperm first with hcg then do T injections or use hcg at the same time with test to accomplish both?

Sorry for the remedial questions, although with research I am using this website to learn.

Thanks

Vince

Super Moderator
would you restore sperm first with hcg then do T injections or use hcg at the same time with test to accomplish both?

Sorry for the remedial questions, although with research I am using this website to learn.

Thanks
Yes, use hcg at the same time with test to accomplish both, the only way we learn is by asking lots of questions.

HanOng

If you are using HCG, there's no reason to lower your testosterone injections. The HCG will wake up your testicles for sperm production.

Thanks!

I am currently on TRT (200mg per week) and my sperm test resulted in 0 count.

The doctor wants me to drop TRT and use HCG (2 X 500IU per week) instead; do I insist on running both at the same time?

My doctor mentioned being on TRT will affect sperm production so I should go off it.

Vince

Super Moderator
Thanks!

I am currently on TRT (200mg per week) and my sperm test resulted in 0 count.

The doctor wants me to drop TRT and use HCG (2 X 500IU per week) instead; do I insist on running both at the same time?

My doctor mentioned being on TRT will affect sperm production so I should go off it.
No reason to go off the testosterone. I would tell him, I would like to stay on the testosterone and see how it's works with HCG every other day. You can also print this https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...e-Testicular-Shrinkage-and-Preserve-Fertility for him or use Defy , if they are affordable for you.

HanOng

My appointment's coming up so I will print out the relevant journals to support my claims.

I really appreciate your insights Vince, thanks!

I appreciate the link on clomid, I will read this now. I guess I cannot blame my dr as I should have researched instead of trusting. I would say I don't remember feeling this awful before I started trt, I don't think I would have ever started trt if I knew of infertility and this tired, depressed post trt feeling.

Would trt+hcg+hmg have a greater chance of increasing sperm count in comparison to just trt+hcg? I will drop the clomid if I decide to start the trt again.

You feel like crap because your TRT has turned your balls off so they no longer produce sperm or testosterone.
Since you stopped injecting your ball have not started producing anything yet. Here's hoping they do.

Many will have an opinion on this topic here's mine.
If making babies truely is your #1 priority I would recommend you find a doctor that knows how to get your balls working again (Clomid restart short term then HCG with no T). Any outside T source is going to hurt a restart process. Depending on how long you have been shutdown from your TRT you may never recover. TRT is a major life choice in your 20-30s that can have very bad consequences.
I really hope you can find a good doctor soon. I'm rooting for you and wish you and your wife all the best.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me