Researchers consider vitamin D-3 a steroid hormone, not a vitamin

Buy Lab Tests Online

Dave Barry

I wanted to clarify, "Vitamin D is not technically a vitamin, ie, it is not an essential dietary factor; rather, it is a prohormone produced photochemically in the skin from 7-dehydrocholesterol. The molecular structure of vitamin D is closely allied to that of classic steroid hormones (eg, estradiol, cortisol, and aldosterone) in that they have the same root cyclopentanoperhydrophenanthrene ring structure. Technically, vitamin D is a secosteroid because one of the rings of its cyclopentanoperhydrophenanthrene structure has a broken carbon-carbon bond." Research has shown, for example, that vitamin D[SUB]3[/SUB] is one of the primary biological regulators of calcium homeostasis. "Scientists and nutrition experts at the 13th Vitamin D Workshop held in 2006 agreed in a consensus statement that “about half of the elderly in North America and two-thirds of the rest of the world are not getting enough vitamin D to maintain healthy bone density, lower their risks for fractures and improve tooth attachment. Such vitamin D insufficiency also decreases muscle strength and increases the risk for falls and is even associated with increased risk for colorectal and other major cancer”

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/88/2/491S.full

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Gene Devine

Super Moderator
Many diseases and illness can be traced back to Vit D deficiency.

Amazing in a modern age this deficiency can exist...but it does.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me