Low SHBG and how to raise it? Other Questions

Buy Lab Tests Online

billyjr

Just had a quick question, I have low SHBG, 15 was my last blood test about a month ago, and has been low on all prior tests. I know it is good in the sense that having a low SHBG allow for greater "Free" Testosterone.

I am thinking of going back onto HRT, as clomid tx (.25mg daily) only seems to bring my Total T to around 360 (confirmed on 2 blood tests over the last 2.5 months on clomid (for re-start purposes). I know I will have to go for more frequent than usual injections, probably EOD, which im not looking forward to, and I was wondering what can I do to raise my SHBG, because I would like to just have to inject myself 1-2 x a week versus 3-4.

I also know from my prior TRT experience that I have estradiol issues, and a low SHBG just amplifies that, and what man wants extra free estradiol.

I've also heard that low SHBG is often associated with insulin resistance and fatty liver, so I was wondering if I should change my diet and possibly take a liver supplement (even though I don't drink alcohol)?

Am I putting too much thought into SHBG? Should I be worried about the levels i currently have?

Any clarification or suggestions would be greatly appreciated on this topic.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ERO

Best bet is to do small daily injections. Raising your SHBG to any appreciable degree is unlikely so you have to work around it as best you can. My SHBG is often in single digits and nothing I have tried has made any difference in the level.

billyjr

Best bet is to do small daily injections. Raising your SHBG to any appreciable degree is unlikely so you have to work around it as best you can. My SHBG is often in single digits and nothing I have tried has made any difference in the level.

Is there no medication out there that can raise/lower SHBG?

CoastWatcher

Your SHBG value is what it is. There are many men here at EM who have it, I'm one of them, and if there was a reliable way to safely raise it we would be doing so. It is a challenge, but in most cases a well informed doctor will help you design a protocol that deals with the challenges it presents. ERO's observation about small, frequent injections is the cornerstone of such protocols.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me