High DHT Concerns / Prostate?

Buy Lab Tests Online

blshaw

I've had some concerns regarding my DHT levels lately. I know most guys here post about DHT related to hair loss, but I could care less about that for the time being. My labs consistently show my DHT as very high, sometimes as much as 150 ng/dl with a range of 30-85 ng/dl for males. My doc has me on 50mg of progesterone a day to try and combat DHT but it just always seems to be high. My fear is that a decade or two later I am going to end up with prostate enlargement or even prostate cancer.

Anybody have any input on this? Dr Saya, you around to advise? Thanks

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
Do you supplement with vitamin K (K1,K2, mk4, mk7) my understanding is vit.K is very important prostate health.

blshaw

No vitamin k for me. I was mostly looking for feedback on DHT direct relationship to prostate or other issues. I've done some reading that says it's a ratio of DHT to other hormones including higher estrogens. Anybody have some in depth knowledge?

What was your last psa value? How often is it checked? And your age?

Yes let's start there. DHT in and off itself, as you note, is NOT a prostate cancer indicator. Your DHT is curiously high but on that factor alone, I would not be concerned. Ther road you don't (my opinion) want to travel down is say Saw Palemetto, which is a known androgen blocker, and especially anything Finasteride that blocks DHT. Read up on Post-Finasteride Syndrome...it's basically chemically neutered men and they don't recover once stopped.
But as Coasty indicates if your PSA is healthy now and you have it monitored twice a year via the PSA blood test, there should be no concerns at all for prostate cancer.

I'll echo the above. If PSA and DRE are fine/normal/stable, then those DHT levels wouldn't present an immediate concern regarding the prostate. If those parameters change in the future, however, then the risk vs benefit would need to be re-evaluated.

blshaw

DRE? I get my PSA checked each blood test with no issues. I'm only 34 and secondary hypo. Mostly concerned with long term scenarios due to TRT at a youngish age. I'm located in Tampa and honestly thought about switching to Defy. How far out are you for initial consults Dr Saya?

DRE? I get my PSA checked each blood test with no issues. I'm only 34 and secondary hypo. Mostly concerned with long term scenarios due to TRT at a youngish age. I'm located in Tampa and honestly thought about switching to Defy. How far out are you for initial consults Dr Saya?

We would welcome you. I am personally about 3-4 weeks out for initial patient consults. My PA is available sooner.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me