High Hematocrit-Low T-Need Help

Buy Lab Tests Online

Smokin Joe

This is crazy and I don't understand it as I have looked back over the last few months trying to figure this out.
On August 29th 2016 my TT was 946 and a PSA of 3.0.
My Uro said that my hematocrit was good but did not state numbers.
These are the only test he does and I know its not enough which is why I do my own on a quarterly basis. FYI I had given blood two weeks before he drew blood. Middle of August.

He did ask if I was using more T as this is the highest I have been on TRT.
I said no but once I looked which was six weeks later I realized that I was pinning 200mg a week instead of the 100 I was prescribed. I did this by switching to a smaller syringe and did not realize that .5ml was 100mg not 50 mg which is what I normally do twice a week. Dumb Ass me for sure.

Did my own blood work on 10-28-2016 and my TT was at 346 and a hematocrit of around 52.
I had waited 10 days from my last shot of 80mg to give blood to see if my T would fall a little.
Man did it drop. I cannot believe it would fall that much and I don't have any estrogen to speak of.
By the way the syringe I switched to is a 27gauge X 1/2" 1ml syringe.
I have attached my blood work hopefully and would appreciate some advice.
Questions:
1.Is the 1/2" needle to small for thigh injections? It has to somewhere right? Was this the cause of such a large drop over 10 days?
2.High hematocrit and Low T-I don't get it.-Hematocrit may have run high when I was running 400 mg a week verses 100mg.
3. How many guys are forced to stop TRT due to hematocrit issues?
4. Should I stop T completely due to hematocrit? This is the second time it has jumped and giving blood does not seem to help for long. Last T shot 5 days ago today at 50 mg.
I am going to give blood again if they will take it. Have to find a place as my new job location took me out of the city by 50 miles. trying to thin with vitamin E and aspirin.

I'll take any suggestions as I'm pissed and do not want to quit TRT though I have had a hard time managing it. I have just started gaining good muscle in my arms, chest, back and shoulders.
I am an Endomorph so I'll never the gut but at 56yrs old who cares..

Attachments

• 10-28 Bloodwork.pdf
    294.8 KB · Views: 257
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor
This is crazy and I don't understand it as I have looked back over the last few months trying to figure this out.
On August 29th 2016 my TT was 946 and a PSA of 3.0.
My Uro said that my hematocrit was good but did not state numbers.
These are the only test he does and I know its not enough which is why I do my own on a quarterly basis. FYI I had given blood two weeks before he drew blood. Middle of August.

He did ask if I was using more T as this is the highest I have been on TRT.
I said no but once I looked which was six weeks later I realized that I was pinning 200mg a week instead of the 100 I was prescribed. I did this by switching to a smaller syringe and did not realize that .5ml was 100mg not 50 mg which is what I normally do twice a week. Dumb Ass me for sure.

Did my own blood work on 10-28-2016 and my TT was at 346 and a hematocrit of around 52.
I had waited 10 days from my last shot of 80mg to give blood to see if my T would fall a little.
Man did it drop. I cannot believe it would fall that much and I don't have any estrogen to speak of.
By the way the syringe I switched to is a 27gauge X 1/2" 1ml syringe.
I have attached my blood work hopefully and would appreciate some advice.
Questions:
1.Is the 1/2" needle to small for thigh injections? It has to somewhere right? Was this the cause of such a large drop over 10 days?
2.High hematocrit and Low T-I don't get it.-Hematocrit may have run high when I was running 400 mg a week verses 100mg.
3. How many guys are forced to stop TRT due to hematocrit issues?
4. Should I stop T completely due to hematocrit? This is the second time it has jumped and giving blood does not seem to help for long. Last T shot 5 days ago today at 50 mg.
I am going to give blood again if they will take it. Have to find a place as my new job location took me out of the city by 50 miles. trying to thin with vitamin E and aspirin.

I'll take any suggestions as I'm pissed and do not want to quit TRT though I have had a hard time managing it. I have just started gaining good muscle in my arms, chest, back and shoulders.
I am an Endomorph so I'll never the gut but at 56yrs old who cares..

Calm down, the anxiety is just jumping off the screen and is making it hard to understand you.

I am very very confused by all of your changes in protocols, so these labs mean nothing, except for the CBC.

If you could, list your protocol by dates.

Your last shot was 5 days ago, 50mg? then it was 10 days from 80mg?

27g 1/2 inch is used by a lot of guys on this forum, and myself, no problem as long as your lean for IM.

Your HCT is not insanely elevated, one blood donation should take care of that, then just keep on the SAME protocol. No making mistakes with 100mg vs 200mg a week.

captain

Was you hydrated? How much water you had before will effect hct. The cut off point is 55 and you need to donate blood to bring it down. I don't know how long it takes to come down when lowering your dose. I would think it would take a long time.
sleep apnea?
smoking?

You want to avoid getting dehydrated.

Vince

Super Moderator
Yes, I would donate blood. You can get a script, so they will still take your blood and they will discarded it, if your hematocrit is too high.

CoastWatcher

Your bloodwork shows nothing to panic over (though it raises some questions). Your hct is not at a point to throw TRT overboard - simply donate blood on a regular basis and you should be fine. It's just sliding over the line at this point; giving up TRT is something you don't have to even consider at this point. Why in the world your doctor believed a total testosterone value in the mid-900s was too high is a mystery to me. That's a solid place for testosterone to sit (presuming you tested at the trough). You ran the incorrect estradiol test, Life Extension is notorious for offering this test which is of no value to men. Time to find another lab - consider www.discountedlabs.com. Draw no conclusions about e2 based on the current report. Finally, I urge you to consider finding another doctor. You're essentially running a self-directed TRT protocol since your current physician doesn't test adequately or explain his reasoning. You deserve better.

Smokin Joe

johndoesmith sorry for the confusion.
It was 10 days between my last shot of 80 mg and the blood work which was on the 28th of October.
Once I gave blood I injected 50mg which I intended to do twice a week for a total of 100 mg weekly.
Some anxiety but more pissed off at the hematocrit and the low T.

Virtually no estrogen-Less than 5. Supplementing with some pregnenalone and a small amount of Estriol cream for a bit.
Do you guys thing that the TT fell from 946 to 346 due to the 10 day lapse when giving blood?
I am due for the next 50 mg but am going to wait until I can give blood.
Don't know if it's any consolation but I have low platelets due to ITP so hopefully my clotting factors are lower than most. Don't know.
I do know that I feel like crap.
Always hydrated and do have some apnea but not enough o warrant cpap according to my doctors.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Sleep apnea increases hematocrit.

10 days after 80 mg results in a low T number.

Give blood now while your hematocrit is under 53 (you will get rejected by the blood bank at 53 and will need a prescription from your doctor to give blood then)

johndoesmith sorry for the confusion.
It was 10 days between my last shot of 80 mg and the blood work which was on the 28th of October.
Once I gave blood I injected 50mg which I intended to do twice a week for a total of 100 mg weekly.
Some anxiety but more pissed off at the hematocrit and the low T.

Virtually no estrogen-Less than 5. Supplementing with some pregnenalone and a small amount of Estriol cream for a bit.
Do you guys thing that the TT fell from 946 to 346 due to the 10 day lapse when giving blood?
I am due for the next 50 mg but am going to wait until I can give blood.
Don't know if it's any consolation but I have low platelets due to ITP so hopefully my clotting factors are lower than most. Don't know.
I do know that I feel like crap.
Always hydrated and do have some apnea but not enough o warrant cpap according to my doctors.

Stop messing around with your protocol. Just stop.

Don't wait to give blood to inject, you're causing your body a lot of stress.

Why are you supplementing with estriol cream? Just take your damn TRT shots!

Sleep apnea increases hematocrit.

10 days after 80 mg results in a low T number.

Give blood now while your hematocrit is under 53 (you will get rejected by the blood bank at 53 and will need a prescription from your doctor to give blood then)

I believe my blood bank allows the finger stick hemoglobin to as high as 19 or 20, I think I asked last time where they're cutoff is, I think that's what you're referring to HCT = 53 as HGB can be roughly 3 times HCT.

Smokin Joe

Ok-I gave blood this afternoon.
They only check for Iron and mine was 17.
I am going to get back on track with 100 mg weekly in divide doses.
Going to inject this evening 50mg.
Coastwatcher I am running a self directed protocol as I cannot afford a concierge doctor.
The standard e-2 test is close for me within +/- 6 consistantly.
I am one of those guys who has not had an e-2 problem yet.
johndoesmitth I think a little estriol cream may be appropriate if you are one of those people who has a low e-2.
Many use progesterone-I tried it but didn't like it.
My protocol is testosterone-100mg weekly-Pregnenolone 10mg a day and that's it.
I am trying HCG again this week at a low dose as I had anxiety before at 100ius.
I am cautious about TRT as I am with most things medical.
Don't need a stroke-heart attack or anything else from being careless.
Will check CBC again in two weeks.
As always I appreciate all of the advice and encouragement.

Ok-I gave blood this afternoon.
They only check for Iron and mine was 17.

johndoesmitth I think a little estriol cream may be appropriate if you are one of those people who has a low e-2.
Many use progesterone-I tried it but didn't like it.
My protocol is testosterone-100mg weekly-Pregnenolone 10mg a day and that's it.
I am trying HCG again this week at a low dose as I had anxiety before at 100ius.
I am cautious about TRT as I am with most things medical.
Don't need a stroke-heart attack or anything else from being careless.
Will check CBC again in two weeks.
As always I appreciate all of the advice and encouragement.

They don't check iron, they check HGB. They are NOT the same.

What are you doing to yourself? You need to stop treating yourself, number 1 you're rapidly changing doses for no good reason, or because you get scared, number 2. estriol cream? Wtf? Estriol is not found in the male body, and is only found in pregnant women. You know how you raise your E2? Take your damn testosterone dose. Stop taking estrogens. By the way, estriol is the weakest estrogen, and actually can act as an anti estrogen in combination with estradiol.

You lack the understanding required to run your own protocol, even if you had it(which you do not) it would still be a poor idea to treat your self.

Get a doctor. now.

Smokin Joe

Yeah I know they check hemoglobin-I'm just tellin you what the woman at Red Cross told me today.
She is new to the clinic and was a little nervous.
I don't profess to know it all but I am learning which is what I expect a lot of others on this site are doing.
My dose change was a mistake which I've corrected.
People are going to make mistakes that is how we learn.

Yeah I know they check hemoglobin-I'm just tellin you what the woman at Red Cross told me today.
She is new to the clinic and was a little nervous.
I don't profess to know it all but I am learning which is what I expect a lot of others on this site are doing.
My dose change was a mistake which I've corrected.
People are going to make mistakes that is how we learn.

You said they checked your iron, and it was 17. Now you say you know it's hemoglobin, then why call it iron?

You're not just making mistakes, you're making mistakes on yourself. Estriol is not a hormone found in the male body to my knowledge, and instead of taking a normal TRT dose, you're changing protocols so fast that your E2 is absolutely tanked. So what do you do? Take estriol.

Where the hell did you even get estriol cream?

You do not have the knowledge to treat your self. Seek a consult with a qualified physician.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me