confused

Buy Lab Tests Online

Shanem

Hello, I sent everything to Defy medical in the hopes of getting on hormone therapy, but because my last physical was a year ago they sent me a physical exam form to have my regular doctor fill out. I know my doctor, and I think the only thing he will give me is a lecture. he will not discuss my low testosterone symptoms until my T level is below 240 ng/dl. I have just about every symptom but level is 330 Total. feeling stuck.

any ideas?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
You can just go to any clinic and have it done. Go to some inexpensive clinic and just tell them you need a physical for TRT. Make sure you ask for a price and tell them what you need. It's not a big deal. :rolleyes:

Hello, I sent everything to Defy medical in the hopes of getting on hormone therapy, but because my last physical was a year ago they sent me a physical exam form to have my regular doctor fill out. I know my doctor, and I think the only thing he will give me is a lecture. he will not discuss my low testosterone symptoms until my T level is below 240 ng/dl. I have just about every symptom but level is 330 Total. feeling stuck.

any ideas?

Yeah...you can tell your doctor that you're there for a physical exam, and that if you want his uninformed opinion concerning TRT, you'll ask him for it.

Won't discuss your symptoms until your TT level is below 240? Your doctor is an idiot. He's treating you (or not treating you, in this case) because of a number on a piece of paper. That's saying a lot...it says that's he's arrogant, and he's not listening to you describing your symptoms. Not so uncommon out there in the world of primary care medicine, and primary care physicians (PCPs).

You know what, I take back what I said in my first sentence. Fire his ass, and find another PCP that actually listens to you, and get your physical from him/her.

I usually find it's NOT a great idea to tell a provider why you need the physical, I don't say anything about TRT....it's irrelevant. As Dr Saya has stated, the physical is an assessment of some health parameters (not a quote), and that's it. You needn't tell any provider "why" you need it. If you have to say something say it's for work. Say it's for sports. BUt when you say HRT/TRT a providers biases, if present, may come to the foreground.

any ideas?

Also the mini "minute clinic" @ CVS pharmacy is a good source for a physical. When it comes to the form the Defy provides I white out "defy" on it.

Shanem

Thank you gentlemen for your advice. I went to minute clinic had the physical done and I am having labs drawn tomorrow morning. Looking forward to hearing the results and see how Dr. Saya can help me. Feeling very optimistic.

Thank you gentlemen for your advice. I went to minute clinic had the physical done and I am having labs drawn tomorrow morning. Looking forward to hearing the results and see how Dr. Saya can help me. Feeling very optimistic.

Good to hear, I actually did the same thing myself back in april or may. The medical assistants at those places are much much cuter than my PCP's MAs.

You're in good hands with defy.

Shanem

Just got my blood work back. seems a little funny. Testosterone is 297, Progesterone is 0.2. normal level of progesterone according to LabCorp is 0.0 - 0.1 ng/ml, so its high. did some research and the numbers seem to vary. anyone have any thoughts on that?

swellco

I just had this conversation with my PP. I was amazed at how uninformed they are. My doc will not treat until I consistently test under the ranges. And if I did his suggestion was pellets.
I just straight out told him Im going on it regardless and needed my physical for my new doc that will treat me. He agreed. Otherwise, I would've found another Doc. BTW, Im transitioning to Defy too.

Just got my blood work back. seems a little funny. Testosterone is 297, Progesterone is 0.2. normal level of progesterone according to LabCorp is 0.0 - 0.1 ng/ml, so its high. did some research and the numbers seem to vary. anyone have any thoughts on that?

Hi Shanem - glad you have had your PE and labs taken care of. Will look forward to you joining the crew!

Here's my response to MANY similar progesterone questions recently:

Since LabCorp inexplicably changed their progesterone reference range about 3 weeks ago to basically zero (previously 0.0 -1.2 changed to 0.0 - 0.1) virtually ALL patients have shown "high" for progesterone on their LabCorp reports simply due to the ridiculously low reference range. I'll be sending LabCorp execs a thank you card for Christmas to show my appreciation for the lost productivity attributed to having to explain this very fact to every single patient with NORMAL progesterone levels.

You're correct to have a healthy concern for anything that shows "high" on your lab report, but rest assured that your progesterone level is perfectly normal, if not low-normal, at 0.2. It's an illusion based on the new falsely low reference range for progesterone from LabCorp.

CSI007

Your T is certainly low. When my level was below 350 I felt pretty bad. Remember, these values can fluctuate a bit from hour to hour on any given day.

Shanem

Thank you Dr. Saya,
I have an appointment on November 28[SUP]th[/SUP] with your PA, Melissa. I will inform her she does not need to explain this one to me. Looking forward to joining the crew.

Post your full lab work here if you want us to comment on it.

Take screenshots or pictures of it with your personal information blocked out.

Shanem

Your T is certainly low. When my level was below 350 I felt pretty bad. Remember, these values can fluctuate a bit from hour to hour on any given day.

ya, my mind fog seems to be getting worse as is my lack of motivation. try to compensate for it at work with coffee and going for walks. luckily my boss leaves me alone

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me