Just started TRT and have a question regarding one month labs

Buy Lab Tests Online

swellco

Hi, First time post but have been reading extensively on this forum. I have a question regarding the practice of one month follow up labs when first starting TRT.
Ive been on TRT For 5 weeks now and I am scheduled for my labs. The place I go to wants to test me 3 days after my injection. This seemed out of most protocol so I asked why and their response was because they want to measure my T when its at the highest. This is the only way they do tests and I have to adhere if I want to modify dosage. Their reasoning being that they want to measure my highest T count because that way they know i have reached the highest point. ? This was coming from one of the nurses.
I asked if we can test right before my next injection instead because I want to change my weekly dose to twice a week. My reasoning being that I don't feel too great towards the end of the week right before my next injection. They said no. My current protocol is 125 test cyp on Mondays along with .5 arimidex and 500 HCG 3 days after injection.
So my question is, is this normal to test this way? It seems that most test right before their injection.
My labs before starting TRT are attached. The clinic tested my T in house at 161. No total T results.

Im 49 yo male, 6'1", 215 lbs.

Thanks for your time and input.

Attachments

• lab fro forum.jpg
    lab fro forum.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 167
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

ERO

That is not normal at all. Better TRT providers have their guys on twice weekly injections (or more often) and they always test at the trough, not the peak, to record the lowest levels. Your blood work is very incomplete as well. They should be testing E2 with the Sensitive assay, along with Free and Total T, SHBG, thyroid and a few other things.

This along with the fact that they won't let you inject twice weekly means you need to "fire" them and get a better provider. Prime Body and Defy Medical are both sponsors of this site and come highly recommended.

CoastWatcher

Welcome to Excelmale. That's all that was tested? At a minimum, you'd test total and free testosterone, CBC, PSA, LH, FSH, a full thyroid panel, prolactin, estradiol (sensitive, LC, MS/MS), DHT, and a CMP. And adrenal study would be ordered by many doctors. It's important to know if a patient is dealing with primary or secondary hypogonadism, and what other underlying hormonal and metabolic issues are at play (so as to determine treatment protocols). Couple that with the odd idea of testing at peak, well, you're not getting the care you deserve.

Which means you're like so many of us who had to fight to find a doctor who knew what was going on. We have to become our own advocates - and so do you. ERO's suggestions regarding Defy and Prime Body are solid. Many members here are happy with the care they receive from those providers.

swellco

Thanks for your input. After informing myself more, I am about to quit this place. I also found it strange they didn't test for free T and few other things. The PA is a woman (nothing against females) who seems clueless. Didnt really explain things. I learned a lot more on these forums that what she and her staff told me. What to expect from an anti-aging clinic.
The thing is I'm up for my next blood work which will cost 75.00 for the second panel. I don't want to give them anymore of my money for the same incomplete test.
I already reached out to Defy and hopefully I can get an appointment sooner than later.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me