newest test results question.

Buy Lab Tests Online

timzjp

I had to ask my doctor to run these test as he just wanted to run free and total testosterone:mad:
Here are my latest.

47 years old.
Treatment so far is 100mg cypionate once a week, and 5,000 iu vitamin D.

Estradiol 32.9 pg/ml
DHEA-S 173.70 ug/dl
Vitamin D 35.9 ng/dl
Prolactin 9.4 ng/ml
SHBG 19.3 mmol/l
Test 389
free test 17.2.

Unfortunately I have no previous test other than Total testosterone. I had to spoon feed him to do these.
My thing is I really don't feel any improvement since I started 4 months ago when I was at 228.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.
I'm reading thru Jay Campbell's and John Crislers book currently trying to get a better understanding.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

CoastWatcher

Your numbers certainly aren't particularly impressive, but we actually need the reference ranges for all tests since all labs calibrate and calculate to a different standard. Which estradiol test was run? Hopefully, the sensitive (LC, MS/MS) was ordered. Are you and your doctor discussing a TRT protocol at this point?

Reference ranges.

Honestly, sounds about right for 100mg per week. You probably need an increase in dose, maybe 120mg or so. I highly highly doubt your E2 test was sensitive, so that's probably fine as well for where total and free are.

timzjp

Sorry guy's, Ill get the hang of this.
These are labcorp test.

Estradiol 32.9 pg/ml Range 7.6- 42.6 I asked for a sensitive but all it say's is Roche ECLIA methodology.
DHEA-s 173.70 ug/gl 71.6-375.4
Vitamin D 35.9 ng/ml 30-100
Prolactin 9.4ng/ml 4-15.2
SHBG 19.3nmol/l 16.5-55.9
Test total 389 ng/dl 348-1197
Free test 17.2 pg/ml 6.8-21.5

Here was my treatment that got me to these numbers. I have done 8 weeks of injections

100mg injected once per week NOTHING else.

I just got back from the doctor. I asked to do injections 2 times per week and he agreed but NO increase in cypionate.
I had to beg him to let me try HCG which he finally agreed to. He suggested 500 units 2 times per week on the same days as the cypionate injection days.
I would have thought he would have suggested to stagger the day, but as I said I learning these different protocols.

Thanks again for any suggestions

CoastWatcher

The estradiol test you ran is of no value for men, it tends to overestimate the estradiol levels. That said, you are more than likely in a reasonable estradiol range. In the future always be sure the sensitive, LC, MS/MS is pulled. Don't despair at 50mg twice a week just yet. You will know soon enough if the split dosing schedule results in reasonable levels. If not, and you're not happy, there are other resources for you to pursue.

I think your free testo is more important than your total. So 17,2 is pretty good and I wouldn´t change anything only adding HCG to your protocol and do the injections twice a week. My free testo is more or less the same than yours but I need to get my total up to 850 in order to get this level of free.

I am not at all an expert on these matters so I guess the other guys should chime in here.

timzjp

Coastwatcher,
It seems odd that 50mg 2 times per week would be able to raise T levels more than the once a week at 100mg I've been doing for the last 8 weeks. As I have read here the HCG seems like a good addition.
Thanks again

Unfortunately I have no previous test other than Total testosterone. I had to spoon feed him to do these.
My thing is I really don't feel any improvement since I started 4 months ago when I was at 228.
Any suggestions?

Tim,

My number one suggestion would be to find a doctor that knows TRT. You can find that doctor at Defy Medical.

If you're spoon feeding your doctor on which labs to draw, and you're begging him to add HCG to your protocol, then he's the wrong doctor for you, because he lacks the requisite knowledge to be treating you for TRT. He's probably a great guy for band aids and antibiotics, but he ain't cutting it in the world of TRT.

Your protocol needs some adjustments. Reading Dr. Crisler's book is a great start for you to gain valuable knowledge about TRT. All you need to do now is follow through, and make an appointment with Dr. Saya at Defy. You won't regret it.

CoastWatcher

Coastwatcher,
It seems odd that 50mg 2 times per week would be able to raise T levels more than the once a week at 100mg I've been doing for the last 8 weeks. As I have read here the HCG seems like a good addition.
Thanks again

Don't rule out the possibility. You have a reasonably low SHBG value, less than 20 (better than some members here, but certainly lower than the ideal), and you may be clearing your testosterone too quickly. Spend some time here, reading the posts, particularly the sticky ones, and you will see that there is no question that smaller, more frequent doses of testosterone are the key to success. I inject 16mg a day and post numbers over 1000.

You may well need to bump up to 60, 70, or more mgs twice a week. Or slightly lower your dose and go to eod injections. But I'd urge you to maintain an open mind (hard to do when you want to feel better now). The HCG is a good move.

The question remains, do you want to have to walk your doctor through the process? There are other resources. Defy Medical, Prime Body, or - if you're fortunate - another local doctor in your area. Consider a new doctor.

Sorry guy's, Ill get the hang of this.
These are labcorp test.

Estradiol 32.9 pg/ml Range 7.6- 42.6 I asked for a sensitive but all it say's is Roche ECLIA methodology.
DHEA-s 173.70 ug/gl 71.6-375.4
Vitamin D 35.9 ng/ml 30-100
Prolactin 9.4ng/ml 4-15.2
SHBG 19.3nmol/l 16.5-55.9
Test total 389 ng/dl 348-1197
Free test 17.2 pg/ml 6.8-21.5

Here was my treatment that got me to these numbers. I have done 8 weeks of injections

100mg injected once per week NOTHING else.

I just got back from the doctor. I asked to do injections 2 times per week and he agreed but NO increase in cypionate.
I had to beg him to let me try HCG which he finally agreed to. He suggested 500 units 2 times per week on the same days as the cypionate injection days.
I would have thought he would have suggested to stagger the day, but as I said I learning these different protocols.

Thanks again for any suggestions

When was this test taken relative to injection?

Oh and btw if you really want to learn go through Dr sayas post history on this website. I learned a lot by doing that.

timzjp

Johndoesmith
I'm guessing your asking why I tested on that day?
That's the day he sugested. I was wondering why also. I thought it was to see peak levels, but I would think you would want to see somewhere between peak and trough.

Johndoesmith
I'm guessing your asking why I tested on that day?
That's the day he sugested. I was wondering why also. I thought it was to see peak levels, but I would think you would want to see somewhere between peak and trough.

Some doctors do that. I think personally it's not very useful. You want trough, day of injection, but before injection. It tells you about how your body metabolizes testosterone, peak is transient. Trough is transient as well, but if you look at a graph of the pharmacokinetics of test cyp, you spend way less time near peak than you do near trough.

You never answered my other question, how do you feel?

That means you're at nothing basically for most of the week, and I can't imagine how low it is with you being lowish SHBG.

Pretty darn low, I'd imagine. I see EOD or daily T injections in his future. Weekly injections are ridiculous, and I don't think every 3.5 days is going to cut it, given his low SHBG. It's just something he's going to have to deal with if he wants to avoid riding the T roller coaster.

Pretty darn low, I'd imagine. I see EOD or daily T injections in his future. Weekly injections are ridiculous, and I don't think every 3.5 days is going to cut it, given his low SHBG. It's just something he's going to have to deal with if he wants to avoid riding the T roller coaster.

I'm nervous about this. My last shbg test I was at 24 16-55. I'm waiting for my results and I don't want to have to inject more frequently.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me