Muscle memory after exposure to testosterone?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Abstract  Previous strength training with or without the use of anabolic steroids facilitates subsequent re-acquisition of muscle mass even after long intervening periods of inactivity. Based on in vivo and ex vivo microscopy we here propose a cellular memory mechanism residing in the muscle cells. Female mice were treated with testosterone propionate for 14 days, inducing a 66% increase in the number of myonuclei and a 77% increase in fibre cross sectional area. Three weeks after removing the drug, fibre size was decreased to the same level as in sham treated animals, but the number of nuclei remained elevated for at least 3 months (>10% of the mouse lifespan). At this time, when the myonuclei-rich muscles were exposed to overload-exercise for 6 days, the fibre cross sectional area increased by 31% while control muscles did not grow significantly. We suggest that the lasting, elevated number of myonuclei constitutes a cellular memory facilitating subsequent muscle overload hypertrophy. Our findings might have consequences for the exclusion time of doping offenders. Since the ability to generate new myonuclei is impaired in the elderly our data also invites speculation that it might be beneficial to perform strength training when young in order to benefit in senescence.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1113/jphysiol.2013.264457/abstract

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Dave Barry

"Previous strength training with or without the use of anabolic steroids facilitates subsequent re-acquisition of muscle mass even after long intervening periods of inactivity." After not touching a weight for two years, I began a weight-training program, along with a very regimented dietary program, and TRT (+2iu's of hgh replacement/day). In 11-weeks, I went from 226lb @16.3% body-fat (I am aware of the pit-falls of body-fat testing) to 262lbs @10.3% body-fat. These numbers equate to a gain of 45.8lbs of LBM and a decrease of 9.81lbs of body-fat. Muscle-memory at its best!

Austinite

"Previous strength training with or without the use of anabolic steroids facilitates subsequent re-acquisition of muscle mass even after long intervening periods of inactivity." After not touching a weight for two years, I began a weight-training program, along with a very regimented dietary program, and TRT (+2iu's of hgh replacement/day). In 11-weeks, I went from 226lb @16.3% body-fat (I am aware of the pit-falls of body-fat testing) to 262lbs @10.3% body-fat. These numbers equate to a gain of 45.8lbs of LBM and a decrease of 9.81lbs of body-fat. Muscle-memory at its best!

Wow. That is very impressive memory! Thanks for sharing, Dave.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me