Anyone got a Stronglifts 5x5 routine for machines?

Buy Lab Tests Online

masfield

I'm on nandrolone and don't think that stand up paddle surfing is giving me enough exercise to take advantage of the drug. I don't want to do free weights. I have one problematic rotator cuff and other issues. I'd like a routine, with machines, that's maybe similar to the Stronglifts 5x5 free-weights program, as described below. Can anyone offer such a routine, with 5 machine equivalents and a days-of-the-week do-this-do-that set up?

No need to offer links to the various exercises themselves. Via Nelson's wonderful previous input, I'll have no problem finding them on my own.

I'm just looking for a basic 5-exercise machine routine to follow. Possible?

thanks!!!!

xxxx

With StrongLifts, the trainee performs just five multijoint barbell lifts per week: the deadlift, squat, bench press, overhead press, and bent-over row. It's a three-day-per-week program that employs an A/B split, which means there are two different workouts (Day A and Day B) alternated throughout the training week, with a rest day between each training day.
Day A lifts are the squat, bench press, and bent-over barbell row. Day B lifts are the squat, overhead press, and deadlift. Obviously, you're squatting each time you train. Each lift is performed for 5 sets of 5 reps except for the deadlift, which is only 1 set of 5.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

masfield

hi, vince: i've been hanging off a bar as suggested in a different thread, with a tiny amount of improvement, if that. guess i need to be patient.

I was having a terrible time with some shoulder impingement that was really effecting not only my overhead lifts but life in general, traced it eventually to tightness in my pecs, believe it or not. This was after it being bad enough that I went to the Dr to make sure that I had not torn or otherwise hurt myself.
I think you're referring to circuit training, right, a full body coverage over a few days per week?

masfield

Yes, Vince, I think that's what I'm looking for -- a machine-based program that i can do 3 x a week and that tackles the major muscle groups (hence compound lifts, i guess) and that is likely to produce results when used with nandralone. thanks for any thoughts you or anyone else might have.

madman

Super Moderator
Compound movements are meant to be done using free weights. Sure you can squat or bench on smith machines but machines do not engage the use of your stabilizer muscles.

madman

Super Moderator
Look into full body kettle bell workouts there may be some exercises you can do to work around rotator cuff................you can get strong/solid from a good kettle bell program.
Google Pavel Tsatsouline or Dan John!

Vince

Super Moderator
hi, vince: i've been hanging off a bar as suggested in a different thread, with a tiny amount of improvement, if that. guess i need to be patient.

When I first starting using the hanging exercises for healing my rotator cuff, I didn't feel any benefits for the first 2 weeks. Even after being told by my doctors that I needed surgery, the hanging exercises did heal my shoulders.

masfield

i'm having a hard time hanging because my grip strength is so weak. i had a pair of those wrist-strap hooks for the bar but they don't make it any less painful. as an alternative, i have been using the inversion table i bought for sciatica and letting my arms hang down over my head. seems to me it should work just about the same. how many minutes did you do it at a time?

Although there are benefit limitations to use free weights, one way to approach it is as follows:

alternate these two two with one day rest in between.

workout 1.

leg press machine 5x5
smith machine bench press 5x5
row machine 5x5
tricept pushdowns superset with machine bicept preacher curls 3x8

workout 2

leg press machine 3x10
shoulder press machine superset with side lateral cable machine 3x8
since you cannot do deadlift, you could use the smith machine deadlift 1x5 after good warmup alternatively do 5x5 cable pull own

Vince

Super Moderator
i'm having a hard time hanging because my grip strength is so weak. i had a pair of those wrist-strap hooks for the bar but they don't make it any less painful. as an alternative, i have been using the inversion table i bought for sciatica and letting my arms hang down over my head. seems to me it should work just about the same. how many minutes did you do it at a time?

I only do 2 minutes, after my workout.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching