Should You Be Injecting Testosterone Under the Skin?

Buy Lab Tests Online

madman

Super Moderator
Thx Coast, why am I not surprised. I've asked my pharmacist for 200mg/ml for years and he always says he'll try but it never happens. Is there anyone from Quebec here that gets 200mg/ml? Because I`d sure like to find out whats up with that.

You need to find a new pharmacy. I live in Ontario and am prescribed Delatestryl 200mg/ml by my urologist and never have an issue as the pharmacy he uses is beside his office and they are always stocked with it.

I originally was prescribed the Delatestryl but ended going to a Shoppers Drug Mart Pharmacy near my house and they were out of stock. I than tried another family owned/operated pharmacy up the road and of course they were out of stock and said it may have to be ordered.

They did have Depo-Testosterone (cypionate) 100 mg/ml so I had to call my urologists office and have it changed. When I seen my urologist later that week for my first injection he was upset that I had the Depo-Test and not the Delatestryl as he preferred the higher strength/ml specifically for sub-q (less injection volume).

He said I should have just used his pharmacy. I ended up using the Depo-Test for the first 8 weeks when I started my trt and than switched over to the Delatestryl.

I have heard of numerous pharmacies in Ontario that would have a Delatestryl shortage now and than. I have been on trt just over a year and always use my urologists pharmacy and never have an issue.............mind you he serves as a consultant/advisor/speaker for many of the big pharma.

Funny thing is Delatestryl is manufactured by Valeant Pharmaceuticals International Inc. which is based in Laval, Quebec!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
I switched to SC injections, 50mg x 2/wk, in the fat pad of the butt, about 8 months ago. Within two weeks I noticed better libido and a subjective feeling of better well-being. The odd thing however, was that after six weeks of SC injections, my test levels dropped significantly. I continued on with SC injections and continue to feel fantastic and, I believe, better than I did during the 2 years of IM injections, although my numbers continue to be down significantly.

Part of me feels I should try IM again to see if it pops my numbers up, but I'm hesitant to mess with how well I'm feeling now.
If it did make that much of an improvement in your well-being, I wouldn't change a thing. Hopefully you continue feeling good.

madman

Super Moderator
I think the Depo-Testosterone (cypionate) manufactured by Pfizer prescribed in Canada is usually 10 ml vial 100mg/ml even though I am sure they also make a 10 ml vial 200 mg/ml strength but is only used in the U.S. and Delatestryl (enanthate) 5 ml vial 200mg/ml is usually the one commonly prescribed in Canada.

Hope it works out for you!

nurselyfe

Thought I would contribute some pertinent and useful information to this thread.

I did two months of 30mg T Cyp EOD subcutaneously, no AI no HCG, put me at 750 ng/dl 24 hours after my shot.

Did the same protocol intramuscularly, and pulled a 1006 ng/Dl 24 hours after my shot.

S1W

Thought I would contribute some pertinent and useful information to this thread.

I did two months of 30mg T Cyp EOD subcutaneously, no AI no HCG, put me at 750 ng/dl 24 hours after my shot.

Did the same protocol intramuscularly, and pulled a 1006 ng/Dl 24 hours after my shot.

That is interesting information - thanks for sharing. Would you mind sharing what your SHBG was at both blood draws?

nurselyfe

That is interesting information - thanks for sharing. Would you mind sharing what your SHBG was at both blood draws?

I only have one reading, which is for the 750 TT level. Which was 31.8 (16.5-55.9). Don't think it jumps around to much as my TT is always high and FT doesn't really mimick my TT.

rotwiler

When I first started trt about 14 months ago my Dr was not too informed on trt and put me on 400mcg every 2 weeks and a 23g needle. Told me to inject in upper leg, was terrible, bleeding etc. Then shortly after at about a month, my E2 went to over 170+ over 5 times the level I should be. Thought I was going to die, no joke. Blood pressure went high, anxiety, excessive oil dripping from face etc. I did research online, went to doctor and demanded anastrozol, soon as Dr seen my E2 lab cone back he prescribed it. Within hours I felt better after taking it. Fast forward, I started doing my own lab orders every 3 months online, is cheaper and easier since lab is 1 mile from my work. I also now do my T in my stomach in fat instead of muscle, so much less pain, no bleeding, and I use 29 syringes now, takes a bit to fill, but better overall for me and I rarely get pain, if I inject and feel instant pain I just move over to a spot next to area. My biggest complaint about the insulin type syringes is the plunger can be cheapo and bend. Now I do 32-40mcg every 3.5 days and take 1/2 a anastrozol with injection. My T levels vary more than my e2, reason I sometimes go to 40 mcg is my T will drop under 500 but if I stay on 40mcg my T will jump to 1000+.

Do you have to normally adjust the dose when going from IM to SQ? The one time I exp with SQ, my levels were higher than the same IM dose. Thanks
Since it is the same weekly dose, the numbers should be the same.

Having said that, I do believe SQ results in less urinary excretion of the T, so levels may rise over time, as happened with you. But some patients have reported to me their subjective benefits dropped a bit at first, so maybe it takes some time to catch up while being absorbed from the fat.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me