What' the best whey to use after a workout?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Vince

Super Moderator
After researching whey protein. It looks like whey isolate is the best. I'm thinking Now brand is one of the best.
Ingredients:
Microfiltered Whey Protein Isolate and Soy Lecithin (<1%).
Serving Size: 28 grams Protein 25g = 89% protein

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

T4 Life

I had tried the NOW unflavored whey and its god awfully wretched tasting.

Do you like almond butter almond milk and honey?

Try blending 1/2 cup vanilla unsweetened almond milk (blue diamond) , 2 hefty tbs. almond butter, 1 Tbs of honey and eight to ten ice cubes mine are half circle. I'm pretty much hooked now and this is with the Now whey protein isolate natural unflavored. If you find it to sweet for your taste just use less honey 1 to 2 tsps.

madman

Super Moderator
Depends on what you mean by best? I would say raw milk or raw whey if you live in a state where it is legal? I live in CANADA and by law all dairy products are pasteurized which can damage sensitive proteins and enzymes. All powdered whey is either derived from CHEESE WHEY mostly which has been pasteurized twice and there are a few on the market which are derived directly from MILK and only pasteurized once. Really comes down to the processing techniques the company uses. The least denatured would be the best option if you are interested in the health and immune enhancing properties...................but if your just strictly after amino acids than not so much.

00501_vitalwhey_21oz.jpg Definitely one of the better options on the market....expensive but TRUE PROTEIN used to carry this whey listed as GRASS FED NATIVE WHEY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE as they were sourcing it directly from WELL WISDOM. I used to buy 25LB bags every so often............worked out to roughly $16/LB as oppose to the tub in the pic which would run $30/LB.

If you have an allergy to dairy I would recommend EAA/BCAA!

madman

Super Moderator
http://www.wellwisdom.com/proserum-and-well-wisdom-whey-pr

Yes it is a CONCENTRATE but the benefits derived from whey come from the way it is processed and most isolates on the market use CFM ( cross flow microfiltration ) which is still not the best processing technique as many think.

COVALENT-BONDED-CYSTEIN...............GLUTATHIONE...................MOTHER NATURES MOST POWERFUL ANTIOXIDANT...............the key to AGELESS BEAUTY!

Re-Ride

Madman, it seems valid that never pasteurized grass fed has more to offer. Labdoor likes My Protein whey isolate so I gave their unflavored a try. It has an extremely clean taste and dissolves easily. Produced in England. They sell direct through a U.S. site. Low cost fast shipping. Look for coupons. Try their aminos.

madman

Super Moderator
Madman, it seems valid that never pasteurized grass fed has more to offer. Labdoor likes My Protein whey isolate so I gave their unflavored a try. It has an extremely clean taste and dissolves easily. Produced in England. They sell direct through a U.S. site. Low cost fast shipping. Look for coupons. Try their aminos.

Thanks Re-Ride will look into that!

Re-Ride

Thanks Re-Ride will look into that!
If you decide to purchase then use this link for a 25% discount:
http://us.myprotein.com/referrals.list?applyCode=MAR-R22&li

The discount code 25OFF is valid today. Don't know if it's stack-able. Cost for a 2.2 lb bag of "Impact Whey Isolate" should price out to $21 or less.
They also have a price match program which covers equivalent brands. Click the link. I've never tried it.

Other stuff I've bought and been highly satisfied with:
I prefer unflavored but sometimes the flavors which are light and sugar-free are a killer deal so check them out:

Taurine, 0.5 lbs $4

L-Glutamine berry blast 0.5 lbs $3.30

BCAA 2:1:1 Orange 0.5 lbs $7.50

Vince

Super Moderator
I found one made by Opportuniteas, Grass-Fed Whey Protein Isolate, Less than 1% Lecithin (derived from non-GMO sunflower for mix ability)
It's 90% protein and it's from Wisconsin, my home state. :)

Re-Ride

I found one made by Opportuniteas, Grass-Fed Whey Protein Isolate, Less than 1% Lecithin (derived from non-GMO sunflower for mix ability)
It's 90% protein and it's from Wisconsin, my home state. :)
https://www.opportuniteas.com/products/grass-fed-whey-protein-powder-isolate

Looks like a great product. It's pointless to compare this to something not derived from raw organic grass fed milk though. At $28 shipped I wonder if there be a benefit gained from the wholesomeness if one also used daily a standard product like MyProtein Impact as protein only supplement.

trt4me

Vince do you use whey protein. If you do what kind?

What you found is good as far as specs but that will taste bad because it has no flavoring.
Optimum is a good one with minimul ingredients but tastes good.
Most whey is so processed that it will be digested and absorbed very fast which is the whole "after workout" thing.
Unfortunately it's also very unregulated and most of the raw powder is from China or at least another country.

Before I settled with Optimum Nutirtion I kind of got a headache between denature and cold filtered and all these varieties of whey and I just chose great tasting and low sugar isolate and it's easy for me to get on Amazon. There's def good and not so good whey type and processes.

MikeXL

Vince nailed it right down to the brand. Hydro not necessary

After researching whey protein. It looks like whey isolate is the best. I'm thinking Now brand is one of the best.
Ingredients:
Microfiltered Whey Protein Isolate and Soy Lecithin (<1%).
Serving Size: 28 grams Protein 25g = 89% protein

Vince

Super Moderator
What you found is good as far as specs but that will taste bad because it has no flavoring.
Optimum is a good one with minimul ingredients but tastes good.
Most whey is so processed that it will be digested and absorbed very fast which is the whole "after workout" thing.
Unfortunately it's also very unregulated and most of the raw powder is from China or at least another country.

I'm using my subscribe and save, so I have to wait another week. But I was told the taste was good. I will know more when I try it.

Re-Ride

MyProtein has a sale EXPIRED BUT you may use the link to get 25% OFF.
http://us.myprotein.com/referrals.list?applyCode=MAR-R22&li

My 10/6 Order:
note: MyProtein offers economy, premium, bioactive, natural and batch certified. Read the descriptions. The best deals pop up in only one flavor and disappear quickly. Verify package size and flavor from the drop boxes when looking at the displaced price. The site is kind of balky and slow.

Impact Whey ( not the iosolate ) 2.2 lbs, natural chocolate flavor only, $10.26 (not the isolate)
rated #4/78 Grade A by Labdoor which rates it higher than NOW whey

CreaPure (Germany) Creatine Monohydrate, 0.5 lbs $4.24

L-Glutamine, 2.2 lbs. $5.76

Peptite Leucine (claims more absorbance), 1.1 lbs $20

Conjugated Linoleic Acid (CLA) 60 x 1 gm caps $9

Creatine (labdoor recommended version) 0.5 lbs $6.29

Expired, but you can still get 25% off by using the link. MYProtein has frequent price changes and limited time deep discounts. Please compare prices before purchasing and confirm that the discount promised appears at checkout.

INGREDIENTS:
IMPACT WHEY ISOLATE Unflavored: Whey Protein Isolate (Milk) (100%), Emulsifier (Soy Lecithin)
They don't say how much soy lecithin. Apparently not a problem for for Labdoor who gives it a top rating

IMPACT WHEY PROTEIN:
Natural Chocolate Flavor: Whey Protein Concentrate (Milk) (91%), Emulsifier (Soy Lecithin), Cocoa Powder, Flavoring, Sweetener (Sucralose)
Natural Strawberry Flavor: Whey Protein Concentrate (Milk) (96%), Emulsifier (Soy Lecithin), Natural Flavoring, Colour (Beetroot

Shipping was $4 for me, free over $70.

edit: I added ingredients. At $5 per pound for the natural chocolate protein I think I can live with a little soy. From what I've read it's the soy isoflavones that bind to estrogen receptors however there is less than 1mg of these isoflavones in one serving of the higher end whey like MyProtein. That's insignificant. The products come in heavy foil laminated re-closable re-useable pouches.

Last edited:
Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching