High hematocrit

Buy Lab Tests Online

zLeeKo

Young guy here (23),been on 125mg weekly for 6 weeks now.

My labs came,and this is what bothers me:

Hematocrit: 0.53 L/L [0.42-0.53]
Hemoglobin 170 g/L [132-175]

Now i know this is too high and requires donation,but the thing is I didn't drink any water 12 hours prior to blood work,so I was dehydrated. Could that impact the results?

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
This is a post from bako.....
For the last decade I have suffered from polycythemia vera. HRT or no HRT, I require frequent phlebotomy. I have had over 100 phlebos in the last decade...well over. I live and work in the desert, so I am out in 100 degree plus Temps all summer long. So naturally, I become dehydrated from time to time. I have intentionally had my CBC ran when dehydrated the day before phlebotomy to check the number against the next days when I was properly hydrated. I've done this twice. Both times my hematocrit level was 3 points higher when dehydrated as compared to being fully hydrated the next day. My own experience is that the phlebotomy reduces my hematocrit by the same 3 points. I talked to my DR about this and he confirmed that dehydration does indeed increase hematocrit levels, and may do so in some individuals by as much as 6 or 7%. We are talking about normal dehydration not severe. In other words, proper hydration is critical for those of us that suffer from polycythemia no matter it's cause. Stay hydrated fellas. It helps prevent stroke, clots, headaches, and all the other nasty things that having a high hematocrit level can cause. https://www.excelmale.com/forum/showthread.php?6833-Hematocrit-and-Hydration

zLeeKo

Hm,I swear I searched but didn't find that thread.

Dr Saya says if HCT is more then 3x of hemoglobin,it's dehydration.

Well,my hemoglobin is high normal range,so I guess it's not dehydration then...

zLeeKo

Actually,i think I missread. For hemoglobin,170 g/L should be like 17 L/L,if I want to compare it to HCT,right? In that case,HCT is indeed more then 3x of hemoglobin.

Any input highly appreciated.

Hm,I swear I searched but didn't find that thread.

Dr Saya says if HCT is more then 3x of hemoglobin,it's dehydration.

Well,my hemoglobin is high normal range,so I guess it's not dehydration then...

Your hemoglobin would equate to a hematocrit of around 51 (or 0.51 on your scale). Not very bad and you can see that the dehydration is likely contributing to a "false" increase of 2 points (0.2 on your scale) to your hematocrit.

You're still upper normal and wouldn't hurt to donate a pint...it'll also potentially save a life.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me