HCG and Free Testosterone

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
There are number of disease states that can increase blood levels of SHBG and therefore lower free T levels.

1.Testicular cancer,

2.Breast cancer, fibrocystic breast disease,

3.Elevated estradiol levels,

4.Elevated thyroid levels,

5.Aging,

6.Extreme weight loss as in anorexia nervosa.

7.Pregnancy,

8.Estrogen containing birth control pills,

9.Diets low in protein. In elderly men ages 40 to 70 years. Increased SHBG leads to lower FT and increased risk for fragility, low bone density, fractures, anemia, decreased sexual function etc. [J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2000 Jan; 85 (1) 293-6]

10.Certain meds such as the Dilantin (a phentyoin) drug class, which can produce increased activity of the enzyme for SHBG synthesis.

11.Liver chirrosis (fibrosis) occurs from scar tissue in the liver , usually formed from excess alcohol abuse or maybe other drugs or chemicals over time. Liver chirrosis is associated with increased SHBG,

12.Cigarettes smoking leads to increased SHBG,

13.Any compromise of liver detoxification such as alcohol abuse, certain meds, heavy metals etc can decrease liver capacity to excrete excess estrogens from the body,

14.Any estrogen use, maybe even the plant estrogens (phytoetrogens) can increase SHBG,

15.Increased conversion T to E (aromatization).
https://www.excelmale.com/forum/sho...adiol-and-Sex-Hormone-Binding-Globulin-in-Men

well. I am on TRT and HCG and have noticed a decline in free t percentage which is why I ask. Before I pull the plug on HCG I would like to know if anyone else has the same observations

That's more likely an SHBG issue than HCG, every man on TRT should be on HCG and Free T isn't one of those reasons.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Agree with Vince Carter! HCG will promote the testosterone and increase total serum levels (all depending on leydig function) ... Free testosterone will be factored at that point primarily by SHGB and somewhat by albumin.

zorro

I've been on 80mg Cyp x2 + 500U HCG x2 for about 10 weeks now (and was on 200mg biweekly for 4 weeks before that - was with a horrible urologist). Free went from 6.5 to 19.6 and SHBG has decreased from 80.2 to 62.4. Obviously I'm on the combo therapy, but I've been happy with the effects. (Total went from 498 to 1,383).

ALMSGT502

Banned
my levels actually went higher with HCG, free T was at 168 added HCG 100mcgs daily blood work showed free T at 278 way over the 250 max (for that lab any way)

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me