Can I take l-citrulline with food or not?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Someguy

I've been scouring the internet and finding conflicting answers on this.

My bottle (NOW brand) says to take between meals.

Examine.com says "To supplement L-citrulline for circulatory health or to alleviate erectile dysfunction, take 1,000 mg of citrulline, three times a day with meals, for a total daily dose of 3,000 mg. L-citrulline does not need to be taken with meals, however." (source: http://examine.com/supplements/Citrulline/ )

Various forum posts and websites have conflicting info. Some say it's fine to take with food, some say it won't work with food.

Can anyone shed any light on this? It would be much more convenient to take it with meals rather than on an empty stomach.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Someguy

Thanks everyone.

I've taken it with and without food. noticed no difference. I take 2500mg x2 daily...

Does taking it 2x daily seem to keep you covered all day (erection-wise). I'm debating whether to spread my doses out to 2x or 3x daily. if 2x covers all day I guess there's no need to do 3x.

chrismez

I think so, I take citrulline 2x daily. Doxasosin 1mg twice daily and 5mg of liquid taldafil x2 day. The morning wood is almost annoying is so strong. No issues during the day as well. This is part of gene's NO stack if you are familiar. I do it 2x a day just for convenience.

Vince

Super Moderator
I always take l-citrulline on an empty stomach, but I don't think it's necessary. I take l-citrulline before and after my workout. I also try to take it before bed.

Fireproof

I've gone periods where I've added it to shakes (i.e., with food) and periods where I've taken in while fasted. I have not noticed any differences at all.

For convenience, these days I take it twice per day on an empty stomach. Once when i wake up in the morning. And then again before bedtime.

Additionally - my pre workout mixes also have 6-8g of L-citrulline or L-citrulline malate - so on workout days I'm getting an additional dose midday.

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me