New to TRT, is my doctor stupid?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Mike Blasius

Hey, I'm Mike I'm 25. Went to the doctors feeling real tired and no appetite, ect. Test levels came back total: 190, free 18. I wanted to retest before starting therapy so I ate and slept really well and cut out booze for a week. Well, total- 48. Free 19.
So that was that.

Wanted to put me on Androgel 1.62. Insurance didn't cover it but I bought the first month hoping insurance would decide on my appeal before a month. They decided they will not cover it for me because my BMI is over 30. By the time I could get it under 30, I'll be on a different insurance plan anyways.

So I went into the doctor and he gave me Test Cypioniate 200 mg/ML. He showed me how to do it and I grudgingly rammed a milliliter into my thigh. You can definetly tell when your in deep muscle terroritory, it hurts a little.

My doctors instructions are to inject a whole milliliter (200 mg) into deep muscle once every 21 days. Now all the reading I've done indicates for much more frequent and smaller injections.

7 days after the 1ML shot my test numbers were up- total 453 and free 29. I feel a little better, but nothing amazing, I have bipolar II and the meds I take not only roast T levels but also make me feel a little different day to day as well. I do notice I get morning wood sometimes and i eat more, generally slightly better mood. I asked another doctor if this high dosage low frequency routine is normal and he said yes.

So.... Does that work for anybody or what? 21 days? Also it's like day 12 since the shot and just now a little zit looking thing has appeared where the needle entered my skin. It's only very slightly painful when touch. Does not appear infected but it's definetly not a zit or ingrown hair. Idk, that's literally the first time I've put a needle in my own body so I just wanna see if that's OK.

Thanks, Mike

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Mike Blasius

I'd like to add that he has me using 18 G needles that are 1.5" long. That's another thing I've definetly not heard of. Should I use a smaller needle? Do i really need a prescription for needles or is that because my area has a drug problem?

Atleast he's working with you so there's that, but yes, he's rather ingorant on how to do this. The (archaic) method of 200mg every two (or three) weeks is ancient history. If you're able to with his support, E3.5D of 50mg using a 29g 1/2" needle is jsut about where any of us would recommend a starting point.
For instance, the half-life of Cypionate is about 6 days....what good is 2, or 3 weeks, supposed to do....?????

Mike Blasius

I asked if I could do SubQ more frequent shots but he said "I've already read too much on the Internet". Sigh.

I already have some A cup man tits, funny thing is that one of them appears to be shrinking, and they aren't sore anymore. I had them
Before TRT probably from 8 years of these bipolar meds and alcohol.

Also do I need a script for needles or do they just tell me that? When I picked up my vial from rite aid they gave me two syringes with no needles. Happened to be in walmart, figured I'd get needles with groceries since I was there. I told him I had syringes and no needles he said that is illegal? He called my doctor and I got 10 18G needles.

You can absolutely get syringes in most locales without a script but that's not to say the locals won't give you a hassle, either. Most of us buy online.

SO either inject yourself accordingly and risk losing your access to the Cyp, or follow his orders. He may not question how you administer the Cyp, what he doesn't know....but the test results should all be the same in the end so he may be none the wiser.

There are absolutely better choices out there in HRT, its more likely you'll be disappointed and poorly cared for by the Dr.

Mike Blasius

Well, i just gotta get him to hear me out, I don't want to get in trouble with the script he gave me. He also handles other meds that I really need and also I just don't want to advocate disobeying the doctor- HOWEVER, there are ways to get them to listen to you.

Perhaps if i request blood be drawn on day 20 like right before my next shot the results will be back to where I was before and he will agree to at least let me switch to like, 100 mg a week? Also i gotta go get some smaller needles for injection I think. I've heard absolutely nobody on here talk about using a 1.5" 18G needle for drawing AND Injection.

Vettester Chris

Super Moderator
Agree with Vince, this guy will ultimately be a let down. I don't think he's stupid (referring to your header), but I do think he's a tool by making disparaging comments with you researching the Internet. If he understood how the half-life and peak ratio of this compound worked, he would be administering your protocol differently. Additionally, someone needs to get a handle on making sure your E2 is balanced, as well as thyroid and other variables that can directly or indirectly related to your program.

ERO

My 2-cents: Don't walk, but run from this guy. He's already made fun of you for educating yourself, he has you on a protocol that is 2 decades out of date - what is next?

I'd like to add that he has me using 18 G needles that are 1.5" long. That's another thing I've definetly not heard of. Should I use a smaller needle? Do i really need a prescription for needles or is that because my area has a drug problem?

For this reason alone, your Doctor is a jerk. There is absolutely no reason for you to be harpooning yourself with such a long/fat needle to receive TRT. A 1/2"/29ga or 27ga insulin pin is all you need to inject.

Switch your antiquated protocol to every 3.5 day injections. More frequency/lower dose = less aromatization, and more stable levels. I guess your doctor didn't know that.

Buy your insulin pins from here...cheap and free shipping:

https://www.easytouchstore.com/easy-touch-insulin-syringes?pagenumber=2

And oh yeah, fire your doctor and find someone that knows what they're doing...like Defy Medical.

CoastWatcher

You aren't the first, and - sadly - won't be the last to discover their doctor is either ignorant/uncertain/out of date/hostile/uninterested (take your pick) when it comes to androgen therapy. Find another provider. It can be a challenge, but you don't need the stress of working around his limitations. It just isn't necessary. All the best.

Oh dear God, I can't believe what I'm reading. Yes he is very very stupid when it comes to trt. The other posters here don't want to say it, but when it comes to trt he is. He may be fine with other things, but an 18g 1 1/2 inch syringe makes me doubt that.

I'd rather use use a pen to inject.

200mg E21D is absolutely deplorable. Testing 7 days after first injection, and 1/3rd of the way through injections is insane. I question his understanding of pharmacokinetics.

Please get a new doctor. No doctor should ever make you feel bad about doing your own research or not be open to new information. No one is ever done learning especially medical professionals. Standard of care changes and if you're not open to those changes that's going to hurt patients.

Buy Lab Tests Online
Defy Medical TRT clinic

Sponsors

enclomiphene
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me