Hello from Missouri, started TRT 8/30, is 200 mg/week cypionate kind of high right out of the gate?

Buy Lab Tests Online

jack64

I recently saw a nurse practitioner (haven't been able to see the dr. yet) and was prescribed 200 mg/week of testosterone cypionate, my testosterone level was about 290. I'm 51, 6'1", 180lbs, energy levels/concentration have been pretty bad the last few years and stress pretty high.

CVS gave me Sun Pharma 200mg/ml, it's in cottonseed oil. I've tried to inject .5ml (100mg) every 3.5 days (not the most accurate guy yet), but here are my first 5 injections,

Tues 8/30 .5ml 100mg 8:45 am
Fri 9/2 .5ml 100mg 9:20 pm
Tues 9/6 .47ml 94mg 8:40 am
Fri 9/9 .45ml 90mg 7:10 pm
Tues 9/13 .47ml 94mg 8:40 am

Now in week 3 I've started to notice one thing that has me a little concerned that I've never experienced, hard sensitive nipples. I guess estrogen could be high and I'm kind of worried about getting gyno.

I'm wondering if it might be smart to either skip this coming Fri injection or drop it to around .25ml. Also wondering if I should go to .25ml (50mg) twice a week until I can see the doctor. What would you guys do?

Also, with this injection history when would you do your first bloodwork and get in to see the doctor? I've found Nelson's link to discounted labs, but a little confused how many tests would be best to start with to have available at the first doctor visit. Would really appreciate any test recommendations.

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

lcvl

Your hormones are slowly adjusting to the new levels and your nipples feel more sensitive than usual. That's pretty common for most guys during the first weeks/months of TRT. Wait until you re-test (6-8 weeks usually) and see if it's necessary to adjust your protocol.

Always do your blood testing fasted first thing in the morning, on the day of your next injection (Tues or Fri, in your case). That way you'll get an idea of your lowest/through point and if the dose you're using it's enough to keep you at healthy levels, even at the lowest point of the week. That said, with a 2x week injection protocol the peaks and valleys are usually way less pronounced than 1x week or 1x2 weeks.

Also keep in mind that your starting dose is pretty high. Usually most doctors start with half of that amount. Just 100mg a week, then adjusting according to the first blood test results (6-8 weeks).

200mg a week is really the upper limit for HRT, it's a heavy dose and even 100mg at one-time is too much, there's so much excess that leads to aromatization (Estrogen), you're obviously having Estrogenic symptoms, unlikely to ease with continued use at these doses. as noted, 100mg per week is a solid start point, 50mg E3.5D.

CoastWatcher

In regard to self-testing: Total and Free Testosterone/SHBG/Estradiol (Sensitive)/CBC/PSA (if you've not had one as it's very important to monitor prostate health). Were thyroid values run?

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me