Got a good protein shake recipe to share?

Buy Lab Tests Online

masfield

Now that I've started my Test/Nandrolone/HCG/etc protocol, I guess I need to up my protein intake, so I'm looking around for a good basic everyday shake recipe that also might contain a few other helpful essentials, like maybe creatine or ?
Nothing fancy needed, nor anything entirely optional. I like routines that don't require a lot of thought, when it comes to daily living. I eat the same dinner 330 days out of the year and have been doing so for five years, with no problem -- it's a salad with a ton of arugula, a bunch o chicken, a handful of pecans, a few craisins, a dusting of blue cheese. yum. i'd love to find the same always-pleasing equivalent in a shake.
thanks!

Defy Medical TRT clinic doctor

Vince

Super Moderator
http://www.lifesourcevitamins.com/SearchResults.asp?Search=whey+protein&Submit=Search
50 Grams of our Pure Clean Proprietary Blend Protein 100% Whey Protein Isolate Per Serving (Chocolate, Vanilla & Un-flavored).
It comes from Raw, unpasteurized milk.
Our protein powder is effective period!
Contains BCAAs, which are metabolized directly and absorbed quickly into muscle tissue, therefore providing the desired results quicker! Guaranteed.
Easily uploaded to the bloodstream, unlike most Whey Protein.
Microfiltration Technology is used in processing our Whey Protein Isolate.
Dried at Cold Temperatures because heat kills protein!
Fat Free, Lactose Free & Carbohydrate Free.
Mixes easily and tastes amazing, our Double Chocolate Fudge actually tastes as good as it sounds.
Nature's Highest Quality Protein from grass fed cows that are disease-free, pesticide-free, chemical-free, hormone treatment-free and GMO-free.
Contains Undenatured Whey Microfractions

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
I am not a believer in shakes since most are loaded with sugars and spike insulin. Most can cause bloat to people with lactose or milk intolerance. Most do not contain fats that are important in slowing down glucose uptake.

Here is one that I think may be healthy (post-workout):

- Whey protein of your choice- 30 grams of protein (replace for egg white protein if lactose intolerant)
- 5 grams of creatine monohydrate
- Organic almond butter- 1/2 cup
- 1 cup of frozen berries
- 4 cups of milk or almond (or coconut) milk (unsweetened)

Taking digestive enzymes prior to the shake may not be a bad idea.

Put in blender and enjoy!

Fireproof

I'm as basic as they come. I don't create fancy smoothies or shakes.

But I DO care about keeping my protein intake high, so I just have a couple protein shakes during the day. Most of the time, I'm too rushed or lazy to make them fancy, so I try to find GREAT tasting protein powders with water only. Because anything else you might add will only make it taste better.

1. My current favorite brand is Beverly International. Higher priced, but high quality and great tasting. I love their Ultimate Muscle Protein because it has a blend of fast and slow digesting proteins - great for meal replacement. I like Cookies and Cream, Rocky Road, and Chocolate.
See it here.

Lately I've just been mixing with water and ice in my Bullet Blender.

2. For Bang-for-Buck protein powders, that still taste great, I like Optimum Nutrition and Dymatize. Both quality brands and pretty cheap. I usually use their pure Whey powders for post workout shakes.

masfield

thanks, guys. think i'll get me some creatine to go along with the whey and maybe some BCAA too, just because gene divine likes it.
i have a two-year-old container of dymatize elite whey, which i've tried twice in recent days, two scoops on one day, less than one scoop on the next, both instances somewhat quickly leading to diarrhea. this never happened to me in the past with whey. eventho the beverly international cookies and cream whey sounds terrific, maybe i should try the egg-white protein. what do you think, nelson?
also gene has beta alanine in his shakes. is that something I should consider as well?

gene's advice from another thread:

Best to bookend your work outs with a shake.

Here's what I do for both pre and post work out shakes:

1 Full Scoop Whey Protein (28 grams of protein)
1 Full Scoop Creatine Monohydrate
1 Full Scoop Branch Chain Amino Acids
1 Full Scoop of Beta Alanine
1 Cup 2% Reduced Milk
I do the pre shake 30 minutes before working out and the post on the way out of the gym.
This is proven stack that will get you results as far as protein shakes and working out are concerned.

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
The key is to smooth out insulin and glucose spikes by adding fiber and fat to your protein shakes.

blood sugar triglycerides.gif

food glucose 1.jpg

food glucose 2.jpg

fiber glucose.png

masfield

I'm not sure what to make of that link. Is there a good protein calculator out there in 'net land? i have a feeling i'm very protein deficient.
also -- egg-white protein, with it, less chance of diarrhea than with whey?

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
Jerry Brainum reviewed a study that showed that only 20 grams per serving of protein can be utilized for muscle building, but the body needs protein for other things besides muscle. Range of protein 1.5- 2 grams of protein per Kilogram of bodyweight. A 200 Lb frequent exerciser man needs 136 grams to 182 grams per day of protein to bodybuild. Those using steroids may uptake more protein since they improve nitrogen (protein) uptake. Gut function also has a lot of impact on absorption.
Watch this since it is not a black and white issue:

Fireproof

For those that are interested in learning everything there is to know about protein, protein intake, and appropriate levels for athletes (bodybuilders, powerlifters, etc.) - this is the best book I've found. It is based on the latest research (and is packed with referenced studies).

https://www.bodyrecomposition.com/the-protein-book

(No affiliation with the author, and don't make money on referring - I just think it's a great book based on science)

Last edited by a moderator:

masfield

man, listening to that makes my head hurt. ouch. but i think what it comes down to what you said -- 1.5 to 2 grams per kg bodyweight. in my case, at 160 lbs, or 72 kg, that'd be 108 to 144 grams protein a day. my guess is I should aim for the upper end of the scale, if only because i'm 62 yrs old and taking nandrolone.
thanks for the education!

to add to my confusion, it seems that egg-white protein isn't recommended for those with autoimmune diseases, which i have. well, heck. otoh, maybe beverly internation's whew won't cause the diarrhea that the dymatize does in my case.

Last edited:

Nelson Vergel

Founder, ExcelMale.com
man, listening to that makes my head hurt. ouch. but i think what it comes down to what you said -- 1.5 to 2 grams per kg bodyweight. in my case, at 160 lbs, or 72 kg, that'd be 108 to 144 grams protein a day. my guess is I should aim for the upper end of the scale, if only because i'm 62 yrs old and taking nandrolone.
thanks for the education!

LOL, yes. Jerry is super smart but can be intense to follow

madman

Super Moderator
Not as much as the average person thinks ,LYLE McDONALD and ALAN ARAGON soundly put the high protein myth to rest!

Buy Lab Tests Online

Sponsors

bodybuilder test discounted labs
Defy Medical TRT clinic
nelson vergel coaching for men
Discounted Labs
TRT in UK Balance my hormones
Testosterone books nelson vergel
Register on ExcelMale.com
Trimix HCG Offer Excelmale
Thumos USA men's mentoring and coaching
Testosterone TRT HRT Doctor Near Me